Which BMS does EM3ev use?

I have been building batteries for 5 years now. Used a dozen jbd bms and 2 of them where defective. Now I'm mostly buying them from this vendor: https://annpower.aliexpress.com/store/top-rated-products/623665.html Especially the 48V one with on/off switch has become my standart reention / hailong companion because you can squeeze it on the side of the pack, with aluminium cover. No problem so far. Note that the expensive programmable "smart bms" from jbd always worked fine. Only the cheaper ones failed.

john61ct said:
seems to require logging into an account

Um, yes, that’s how you order. But you must have a browser glitch.
I bought cases and supplies from them since 2015. Goodbserive, selection and decent ship times. They did have a direct web page. Gone?

john61ct said:
Actually that thread so big and old, maybe best to start a new one, put the make/model in the title for future google fu.

Will do👍

On a side note, just realised I've neglected the charger side of things.

I originally had a Grin Cycle satiator on the list, but that's when I was building a single large battery and putting it on the rear rack...

But that changed after test riding with a dummy weight about the same as the battery on the rear rack made the bike unstable and scary squirrely downhill

So I changed to splitting up the 18650s I'd bought between 91 cell shark batterys mounted in the triangle, giving me the flexibility of just carrying the batterys I needed, just one in the triangle center for shorter trips, an extra strapped to the rear rack for longer trips, and when pulling a trailer, another 2 in the trailer itself

Which has changed the charger requirements from a large powerfull single charger to charge one large battery in a reasonable timeframe

To 4 smaller chargers to charge each battery individually.

I don't want to get cheap, dangerous unreliable chargers, as discussed here:

https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/12/30/cheapo-chinese-charger-spews-out-smoke-as-i-dash-across-the-room-to-unplug-it-before-my-house-burns-down/

I thought I'd found what I was looking for as mentioned as a good quality andvalue, also linked from that blog in the form of the lunagiser...

https://lunacycle.com/luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/

But they are out of stock on the 48v version I need

What would be your recomendation for a fairly priced 48v charger with a 90% and 80% charge switch that I can affordably buy four of to charge 4 batterys at the same time?

Depends on amps needed

Satiator model #4808 "24V-52V" has an output range of 24-63V (manual states 12-63V)

But only provides 7-8A

An adjustable HVC can help keep costs down a lot, can get away with dumb PSU rather than a proper self-terminating charger.

Telecom PSUs are around 48V just reverse polarity, top quality units can sometime be found very cheap, but often they are not that adjustable, what is your voltage target range exactly?

john61ct said:
Depends on amps needed

Satiator model #4808 "24V-52V" has an output range of 24-63V (manual states 12-63V)

But only provides 7-8A

An adjustable HVC can help keep costs down a lot, can get away with dumb PSU rather than a proper self-terminating charger.

Telecom PSUs are around 48V just reverse polarity, top quality units can sometime be found very cheap, but often they are not that adjustable, what is your voltage target range exactly?

According to this chart, 80% is 3.98v per cell for a lithium ion 18650

100%----4.20V

90%-----4.06V

80%-----3.98V

70%-----3.92V

60%-----3.87V

50%-----3.82V

40%-----3.79V

30%-----3.77V

20%-----3.74V

10%-----3.68V

5%------3.45V

0%------3.00V

My batteries are 13 cells in series

So 13 x 3.98v = 51.74v for 80% charge on these packs.

So I take it you just set the PSU to that voltage and set the amp limit to the desired charging rate?

john61ct said:
Depends on amps needed

But only provides 7-8A

What are you charging with?

john61ct said:
what is your voltage target range exactly?
I'll want the option to 100% charge so
54.6v max

And be able to 80% charge so 51.74v min

I'll only need around 2 to 3 amps per charger.

Back