Will someone make a Headway battery building Video?

jdbauman

1 W
I ordered enough Headway batteries to build two 48V 10Ah battery packs. I also got two BMS's from headway and two wiring harnesses. I really don't know how to put it all together however. I was wondering if some who knows how to construct a pack using these Headway resources could make a detailed "how to" video showing all the various connections and steps you have to take to build a working pack. I'm staring this eBike revolution right in the face, but I need a little nudge to get over my LifePo4 pack building phobia. Anybody? Please?

Well, you need to decide on a case, duct tape? Artistic? Bullet-proof? Fire-resistant? Shock-absorbing?
Then insert the cells and strap them together. One-pound copper flashing is working well for me. I have three 9 amp polyfuses in parallel midstring to ameliorate shorts during assembly.

The BMS wires go to each cell up the line starting with the most negative. The fat black(s) on one side go to the - side of the battery, use both for higher currents. Run two wires from the + battery and pair with the BMS - battery (fat wire(s)) and -charger (thin wire) on the other side. With the Headway BMS having 20 ohm shunt resistors, monitor charge with an ammeter and once any cell has reached 3.65 volts, limit the current to <150 milliamps until all cells are at that level.

Back