X1 PRO GEN2

James M said:
once again I'm sorry for my ignorance on the topic but if you have a 107 mm bottom bracket how do you use the hundred 120 mm kit?

Cyc include some spacers, you can see red rings on the right side.

The gen2 is barely different from the gen1 guys. I mean, the electronics are different (I guess) but CYC's electronics suck anyway.

Also, CYC's ASI file sucks and ERT's probably isn't that great either, plus all the ridiculous problems doing business with that shitshow.

I've destroyed a couple gen2s along with a gen1 on only 3kw. These motors are NOT made to do the power levels CYC are advertising for anything but very short periods or in very cold climates.

This is still the best engineered lightweight mid drive you can bolt-on to a bicycle but you need to be real about the power limits.

Why is there even a second thread on this?

flat tire said:
I've destroyed a couple gen2s along with a gen1 on only 3kw. These motors are NOT made to do the power levels CYC are advertising for anything but very short periods or in very cold climates.

Why is there even a second thread on this?

What did you destroy, controllers or motors, what were the modes of failures?

Actually, this is the 3rd thread, mods aren't rolling them into main one (probably no one is asking them to).

Haven't blown a single controller have fried 3 motors by getting the rotor too hot which causes them to lose magnets. Problem on both gen 1 and 2. I was only running to like 8k rpm. Some clowns brag about doing 11K and 6kw power and lol, there is just no way their bikes do that for anything other than exhibition purposes (short output duration without overheating and failure).

Other than that I have lots of miles and the motor is very reliable if you don't get it too hot, or spin too fast.

Solutions when trying to "race" and be always on power without blowing a motor include limiting power to <3kw and avoiding start / stop and low RPM.

I still have to take breaks with my bike on a 800Wh battery, and I would like to install some kind of evaporative water cooling for the shell. That will let me give full power for a single stage, which is under 10 minutes.

Could you please tell us about the noise on CYC X1 Gen 2. Is it less painful than on the gen 1 or it's still unbearable? What's the difference? I had a GNG gen 1 with chain and it was noisy, gen 2 with belt was quiet but a complete shit...

Back