Yet Another Laptop Battery Pack Build!

I am thinking of the same build for longer trips on the weekends. Currently, my SLA could do well for the 12 mile commute but with a lot of pedaling and very long charging time.

I could buy 16 laptop batteries with 14.8v 6600mAH capacity each, and they could be hooked up 4 x4 to get 26.4AH at roughly 60V, all at the cost of $220. Should I take the plunge?

adobian said:
I could buy 16 laptop batteries with 14.8v 6600mAH capacity each, and they could be hooked up 4 x4 to get 26.4AH at roughly 60V, all at the cost of $220. Should I take the plunge?

1.5Kwh for $220?!!! I would take that plunge over and over again. Where do you buy those batteries? How do you know they have 6.6Ah? Are they brand new and from a reputable manufacturer? Dell, HP?

These are HP OEM original battery, haven't been used, but probably very old stock.

Sounds good. Hopefully you will see the same result as kZs0lt. I'd love to buy one of those and do the testing myself. Is it available in the open market? If so who sells them?

I've build a pack a while back out of old used HP laptop batteries. It's only a 4p pack and worked ok for my first Ebay kit. I got a bit more than 11miles out of it at full speed. Only used it a few times and then stuck in my wifes ebike. Still works good.

SamTexas said:
Sounds good. Hopefully you will see the same result as kZs0lt. I'd love to buy one of those and do the testing myself. Is it available in the open market? If so who sells them?

My friend said he knew where to get them. Not sure where. He said something like 12.99 per pack.

Back