$14.99 72v Sunwin Controller

What did you guys do that the won't ship to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just don't get it. WHY?

Dan

I find the same thing on ebay. For instance wanted to buy an old Phenom CPU, the titles say USA USA USA, find correct one I want, shipping "Does not ship to country", go to Amazon.com or Walmart.com same thing. I have no clue why they do that, no clue what-so-ever. It boggles my mind. I wanted to buy some $100 Fatheadz Sunglasses, they wouldnt ship to me either. I was willing to pay extra. Same with that online materials store that gets mentioned here a lot. Everyone loves Canada, travelled to France and I was their best friend, they thought everyone from Canada speaks french and is from Quebec, I had to refrain from speaking my mind, as the twitch got worse. Will leave it at that, as DrBass is from Quebec.

Infineons are Xie Chang, I like mine, $199USD shipped for 18fet is kinda steep.
Now I know why some members mentioned breifly about "better/cheaper products out there" and these Sunwins fit that bill. Its been 2 weeks now, so I am hoping in the next 2 weeks I will have mine delivered.

I keep trying to purchase just the board, but cant, I dont know if its the translated page or what.
Its a populated board, so all thats needed are some external wires connected to appropriate PCB solder pads, and a case.
Or am I missing something here?

Slightly off topic. But I would like to buy a xie-Chang Infineon without the mods so that I can solder the programming wires & modify the current with stock caps & mosfets but I can't find them either - much like the sunwin board

johnamon said:
Slightly off topic. But I would like to buy a xie-Chang Infineon without the mods so that I can solder the programming wires & modify the current with stock caps & mosfets but I can't find them either - much like the sunwin board

This is where I got the first group of PCBs. Ask keywin if I could buy the boards less fets. He sent boards without fets, caps and wiring mounted. Got all needed to build what I wanted less the FETs. It wasn't much cheaper but I did my own build with IFRB4110 fets. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...C0.H0.Xecrazyman.TRS0&_nkw=ecrazyman&_sacat=0
My latest were from Paul at EM3e, with the 3077 fets.
Cheaper is always better if, They do what you want them to do!

Dan

So keywin is eBay seller e-crazyman (2890 ) 100% Positive feedback?????

I need to organize my websites favorites MS Word file, I got him scattered in there somehwhere.
So he's selling the Xie Chang Controllers is he, thats good to know and put down in my notes.

My SunWin controller should be coming in any time now.

We CAN NOT let this thread die and start growing cob-webs, there is so much potential here its mind-blowing.

I ordered 60V 800W controller from SunWin's eBay page.

I am trying to contact them, no email anywhere. I tried their online discuss feature, received this
,,,\T
sent them my email
任二宝 (2016-02-24 18:21:19):
I SEC

任二宝 (2016-02-24 18:23:19):
聊聊吧,金口一开,财源滚滚来……
Translated = Talk about it, Chrysostom opened, extra cash ......

This method of communication is going nowhere. I am hoping a fax in both english and translated Google will prompt them to find an employee who has adequate english skills. I will try it and see what comes of it.

I tried to register, but they send a cell phone code, and the list of possible area codes are all within China.

I recently picked up another Sunwin controller for my significant other's bike. It's the 72v 800w model but uses 15 fets and is rated at 45a continuous. That's over 3200W. Paid 25 bux with shipping.
Of course I opened it up and it's nearly identical to the recent photos in this thread. White PCB, has the solder pads to select the proper voltage, and the same mcu. It looks identical to my other Sunwin 48v/1500W 18fet controller except it's shorter. It has 100v caps.

On a related note, the image I posted on page2 of this thread is a board layout with Chinese text. I paid someone on Fiverr to translate it for me and pasted below is the result. not very useful unfortunately.

Translated Text:
SD + : It is suggested that connecting the voltage meter port with a 100 ohm 1/441 resistance to prevent instrument damage and the damage to the MOX tube. Also, in accordance with 48V and 60V universal icon labeled as an example, 72V, 80V, 96V, please refer to the list of notes to have appropriate changes.

Programming communication ports: Ground wire, RX, TX, + 5V, it is recommended to lead the four programming communication lines outside the controller for software upgrade convenience. The labeled tube in the graph is known as 0FB4310, the software has strong adaptability to the tube. It is also available to use a broader selective tube of RFB4 115.

NCE8OHI6, NCEO1H14 Adjust according to actual usage

dekes1 said:
I recently picked up another Sunwin controller for my significant other's bike. It's the 72v 800w model but uses 15 fets and is rated at 45a continuous. That's over 3200W. Paid 25 bux with shipping.
Of course I opened it up and it's nearly identical to the recent photos in this thread. White PCB, has the solder pads to select the proper voltage, and the same mcu. It looks identical to my other Sunwin 48v/1500W 18fet controller except it's shorter. It has 100v caps.

On a related note, the image I posted on page2 of this thread is a board layout with Chinese text. I paid someone on Fiverr to translate it for me and pasted below is the result. not very useful unfortunately.

Translated Text:
SD + : It is suggested that connecting the voltage meter port with a 100 ohm 1/441 resistance to prevent instrument damage and the damage to the MOX tube. Also, in accordance with 48V and 60V universal icon labeled as an example, 72V, 80V, 96V, please refer to the list of notes to have appropriate changes.

Programming communication ports: Ground wire, RX, TX, + 5V, it is recommended to lead the four programming communication lines outside the controller for software upgrade convenience. The labeled tube in the graph is known as 0FB4310, the software has strong adaptability to the tube. It is also available to use a broader selective tube of RFB4 115.

NCE8OHI6, NCEO1H14 Adjust according to actual usage

Good info dekes1

I'm looking forward to mine arriving. How do you know it's rated for 45a continuous? Based on the internal components or simply from the label on the controller?

@suggs - I derived the current rating from the documents I found on the Chinese seller's site. But, honestly, this thing has to be capable of much more than 45A. For example, with good fets, a 12fet controller can handle 45A (e.g. Lyen's 12fet). This thing should be good for 60+ without much stress. The traces are hefty. when I get home, i'll re-look to see what the model of mosfet they use and check the specs.

@dand214 - it's most definitely programmable based on not only the presence of the programming headers on the board but also the fact that the board diagram text specifically calls out the programming intent.

Of course that leaves us with one major question - how?

I have a sneaking suspicion that XPD/Lyen's/KeywinLab Programming software etc which works on most Infineons would work here. It uses a variety of the same MCU. I'm half tempted to buy the cheapest Sunwin controller I can find just to attempt to program it and see what happens.

I ordered my SunWin awhile ago and it should arrive any day now.
I can program my Lyen / Xie-Chang's (Infineon) controller.

If this turns out to be a home run, then I will modify the controller. I believe the one I ordered is 60V 800W, but ideally I'd like mine at 72V-84V and 65A+. So if its just a matter of moving some wires to different places on the PCB, then I can do that easily. I can even try my hand at beefing up the traces, putting in better quality, higher voltage and matching mosfets. The soldering is not the hard part, it will be the matching part. The major bonus will be if we can connect up the Grin Cycle Analyst, then we will have one rocking controller at a dirt cheap price. Which I'm sure some are already "flipping" aka selling.

Yes... I can see theres some discussion in here that they cannot even purchase the one they want. Would be happy to do some sort of bulk order once we lock down which is the one to have so everyone can get easy access to board internationally?

markz said:
The major bonus will be if we can connect up the Grin Cycle Analyst, then we will have one rocking controller at a dirt cheap price.

That part will be no problem. Keep us posted on how the programming effort goes... I have been meaning to order one of these to play with as well. Will get on it.

Mine arrived yesterday, picked it up today.

It has 15 MosFETS and the four capacitors are 80V.

Found the programming pcb pads.
I need to figure out what pcb pads I need to wire in a Cycle Analyst.

Here are the cables as listed - Self Study, Lock Cable, Anti-Theft, Brake-Hi, Brake-Low, E-ABS, Speedo, Cruise and Halls, Phase, Throttle. Now I have to find out what points on the PCB board I need to use my programming cable.

I probably wont buy another controller off SunWin, however I am really keen on modifying this controller - and - on buying just the boards; if the boards are already populated. Then maybe its easy to find the aluminum shell and ends. I didnt realize how expensive MOSFETS are, IRFB4110 and IRFB4115 from ca.mouser.com are ~$5 each.

Why do they glob on the solder and not solder on thick guage copper wire?
Whats the white stuff on the backing board for the FETS?

Now for the pictures...

Attachments

• SunWin Controller 2.jpg
    SunWin Controller 2.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 3,236
  • SunWin Controller 3.jpg
    SunWin Controller 3.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 3,236
  • SunWin Controller 4.jpg
    SunWin Controller 4.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 3,236
  • SunWIn FET.jpg
    SunWIn FET.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 3,235
  • SunWin FET1.jpg
    SunWin FET1.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 3,235
  • Lyen pcb.jpg
    Lyen pcb.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 3,220
  • Lyen1.jpg
    Lyen1.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 3,218
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8317&p=126939&hilit=+program#p126939

infineon has regen braking and more

This old thread covers installing a programming cable on a board with the pads on it.

I can't open it up properly yet as the adjustable voltage knob needs removing. However, I can confirm its got 18 fets and has 100v caps.

Fets are: MXP1007AT

Back