420A 24S ESC by aliens

Having hung out with Luke... I can tell you his intentions are 110 % and he is doing the best he can to get this going.
He is known to "bite off more then he can chew" But he will get it done. Luke is like a grown child with ADHD but he is incredibly smart and has such a huge passion for Electric vehicles. I think he is the right guy for this job we just need to be patient. With the 2013 KICK ass ZEROS coming out he is likely SLAMED with work.

Hi Guys, i think Luke maybe is just too busy. I'm very busy too, so i know how can be hard arrange something when you have lot of things to do.

About hobbyking the 2 PCB they said are one for the motor power and one for the brain. My ESC have 2 PCB for motor power and 1 for the brain, also one more for sensor control on the sensored version. You can see on the pictures. Anyway the last 160HV Dlux i was test on the scooter with an 8085 motor do about one metre before go to flame, but maybe was my fault because i know someone use it with good results.

20130114_172329.jpg

20130114_172302.jpg

Dang, we need some substance to keep this thread alive so he don't ferget to blow the dang thing up.

Quick, compare the controller in question to this thing. It's okay to speculate on what you THINK the HobbyKing has inside, you'll probably be close.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=25202

dieanotherday.jpg

It just looks bad to be making videos on the company dyno at this time
Life of a startup
Look at tesla and spacex
Parking lot more than half full at 9pm
Men on a mission

There is a lot of people waiting for these results ( myself included ) come on LPF pull your finger out ( there are people waiting to spend money ). I have access to a dyno 24/7 and a bike ready to test with ( pocketmoto) but I only have 1type of motor to test 8085 I would be willing to test the sensored or the unsensored version if bruno wants it tested asap.

The man is a volunteer, don't be so impatient. For one thing he might have to stand in line for the test equipment.

A choice between a 250Amp with a heat sink or a 180amp without one, each the same price. I know what I'd go with.

nono, you see, that's special NASA grade space plastic. :mrgreen:

Work in progress. On the E bike also.....

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45874&p=689358#p689358

Alien 36.jpg

gwhy! said:
There is a lot of people waiting for these results ( myself included ) come on LPF pull your finger out ( there are people waiting to spend money ). I have access to a dyno 24/7 and a bike ready to test with ( pocketmoto) but I only have 1type of motor to test 8085 I would be willing to test the sensored or the unsensored version if bruno wants it tested asap.

Fingers out bro. Ive just been non-stop busy with work the last few months. I worked through Christmas and newyears and every weekend and nearly every evening. Ive got everything to test it, I just need a free 4-8hr window I can dedicate to it, and that hasn't come up yet.

liveforphysics said:
gwhy! said:

Fingers out bro. Ive just been non-stop busy with work the last few months. I worked through Christmas and newyears and every weekend and nearly every evening. Ive got everything to test it, I just need a free 4-8hr window I can dedicate to it, and that hasn't come up yet.

Damm, I guess you guys need more workers at Zero...

Based on what I have read over the last year it's not so much as needing people as it is how skilled and in demand our Luke is.

gwhy! said:
come on LPF pull your finger out ( there are people waiting to spend money ). .
liveforphysics said:
Fingers out bro.

You gettin' those fingers in that Shocker position for that guy?

liveforphysics said:
Ive just been non-stop busy with work the last few months. I worked through Christmas and newyears and every weekend and nearly every evening.

Yeah, rub it in. Some of us have neither the regular job nor the facility to bust loose in with all the spare time. But most of us are waiting patiently until you get the chance. Even if it KILLS US.

gwhy! said:
( there are people waiting to spend money ). .

Is that why you're getting so jealous of the finger?

neptronix said:
Yup, we need a second Luke.

Time to get right on it.

Cloning_Tanks.JPG

Hi guys. The new controller is ready. I have no time and not all the equipment for do lots of test. Anyone can do a proper no destroy test for develop it? Maybe Luke you should do if you are setup the equipment for the smaller version.

Also have a look on my friend Richard project. I think it is the awesome.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=47176&p=691532#p691532

Many thanks...

the offer is still there from me to test on a dyno with a minimoto with a 8085 fitted ( cant guarantee not to blow up though ).

HumboldtRc said:
liveforphysics said:
gwhy! said:

Damm, I guess you guys need more workers at Zero...

They should open a design centre in Europe (Zurich perhaps :D, Tenerife would be better though ), hire some more people :mrgreen:

If people are working 12 hour days it means management is incompetent.
They should hire more people or do better planning.

gwhy! said:
the offer is still there from me to test on a dyno with a minimoto with a 8085 fitted ( cant guarantee not to blow up though ).

Thanks for the offer but I need someone that can do a proper test. Monitor the temperature, the Amp, the load from 0 to 100%. How the controller respond from a normal plain use on the road at half throttle to an hard full throttle on the hill. I have already invested money on this project and the idea is to do two different line of controller, RC and E- bike with switch for set the power, capabilities to swap between sensorless and sensored by rpm setting, like customer suggestion a direct plug for connect the CA, compact, powerfull, easy to set etc.

Many thanks

Back