420A 24S ESC by aliens

Byte said:
Bruno, I'm very curious how your bike you're building at the moment will run. Do you have an idea when it will be finished?

Hi Byte. I have everything. Just i need assembly and start test it for, just in case, modified something. The only things I'm still try to do with Richard is to modified the original crank with a freewheel. I want keep it because is very strong and well build. I guess 2 months. I will put some pictures of all the parts next week. I was also think about direct drive, but i want the speeds...

I have already invested money on this project and the idea is to do two different line of controller, RC and E- bike with switch for set the power, capabilities to swap between sensorless and sensored by rpm setting, like customer suggestion a direct plug for connect the CA, compact, powerfull, easy to set etc.

I do very much like the idea of a hybrid sensored / sensorless controller. I believe timing advance is easier to do / doesn't take as much processing with a sensorless controller, perhaps you could look into programming in variable timing advance depending on RPM?

brunotollot said:
gwhy! said:
the offer is still there from me to test on a dyno with a minimoto with a 8085 fitted ( cant guarantee not to blow up though ).

Thanks for the offer but I need someone that can do a proper test. Monitor the temperature, the Amp, the load from 0 to 100%. How the controller respond from a normal plain use on the road at half throttle to an hard full throttle on the hill. I have already invested money on this project and the idea is to do two different line of controller, RC and E- bike with switch for set the power, capabilities to swap between sensorless and sensored by rpm setting, like customer suggestion a direct plug for connect the CA, compact, powerfull, easy to set etc.

Many thanks

Everything can be tested what you require on the dyno that I have access to, its just that I can only do it with the one motor.

What price will the e-bike esc be Bruno? im in the market for a esc ASAP
i was going to grab a big Kelly to run my CA120 and 80 100 Turnigy motors
but like the idea of sensorless and sensored operation... If they are under 500 bucks put me down for one please

KiM

AussieJester said:
What price will the e-bike esc be Bruno? im in the market for a esc ASAP
i was going to grab a big Kelly to run my CA120 and 80 100 Turnigy motors
but like the idea of sensorless and sensored operation... If they are under 500 bucks put me down for one please

KiM

Hi Kim and thanks. I have few order for this one with the hybrid mode but I'm just waiting because it need to be proper tested. I have already wrote that. I want a realible product. The price will be around 250 pounds, but like all my product on ebay if you will email me we can arrange the deal out there, and save the crazy fees. Many thanks

gwhy! said:
brunotollot said:
gwhy! said:
the offer is still there from me to test on a dyno with a minimoto with a 8085 fitted ( cant guarantee not to blow up though ).

Thanks for the offer but I need someone that can do a proper test. Monitor the temperature, the Amp, the load from 0 to 100%. How the controller respond from a normal plain use on the road at half throttle to an hard full throttle on the hill. I have already invested money on this project and the idea is to do two different line of controller, RC and E- bike with switch for set the power, capabilities to swap between sensorless and sensored by rpm setting, like customer suggestion a direct plug for connect the CA, compact, powerfull, easy to set etc.

Many thanks

Everything can be tested what you require on the dyno that I have access to, its just that I can only do it with the one motor.

No destructive test???

brunotollot said:
gwhy! said:
brunotollot said:

Many thanks

No destructive test???
I will not try to blow it up if that's what you are worried about, I will test it just as if it was being used in good way on a bike, I will start off on a low current setting to make sure everything works as it should and to get some base line readings then I will take to what ever current that you think it should be manageable at (in increments) and hopefully it will not blow up.

And hopefully the motor will blow up before the controller even gets warm :) I had 240A peak on the battery side of one of these back in the days, it would be a good exemple motor I think.

bzhwindtalker said:
And hopefully the motor will blow up before the controller even gets warm :) I had 240A peak on the battery side of one of these back in the days, it would be a good exemple motor I think.

Thats what Im thinking, These 80mm outrunners do seem to be a problem for controllers so it should be a good motor to test with.

great job bruno. cant wait to see how it performs. I'm glad you have passion in your job to create great product. salute :wink:

Luke,

Quit being such a pussy. Test the son of a bitch. I know you hate RC, but lightweight power is king.

Oy, it has been a month. Look over your work contract, there must be something in there about taking an hour off to blow up RC controllers. :mrgreen:

View attachment IMG_2509 wmv.wmvThis is a test run on my electric bike in my street with the alien 420amps brushless esc ,this bike is extremely fast i had to slow down because my street was too short for the test ....sorry about the bad quality video it was shot by an Iphone 4 next time i'll use a GOPRO HERO 3 camera

kelvinscott76 said:
This is a test run on my electric bike in my street with the alien 420amps brushless esc ,this bike is extremely fast i had to slow down because my street was too short for the test ....sorry about the bad quality video it was shot by an Iphone 4 next time i'll use a GOPRO HERO 3 camera

Where is the video :D , It will be nice if you also gave a little more information i.e, what motor, gearing, weight of the bike+rider, max current from controller and battery voltage.

Tpower said:
Sorry Kelvin,but where is video?...
the video is in the uploaded post i made i didn't record any amps drawn and wattage so far but iv'e done a text run previously and its so fast and can kill for a bicycle lol

gwhy! said:
kelvinscott76 said:
This is a test run on my electric bike in my street with the alien 420amps brushless esc ,this bike is extremely fast i had to slow down because my street was too short for the test ....sorry about the bad quality video it was shot by an Iphone 4 next time i'll use a GOPRO HERO 3 camera

Where is the video :D , It will be nice if you also gave a little more information i.e, what motor, gearing, weight of the bike+rider, max current from controller and battery voltage.
hey man the motor was a 4000watts chinese motor and the weight is about of the bike is 85lbs not fully done trying to take my time to put things together and i weigh 180lbs,sorry i don't have the max amps drawn,watts and all that i'll make a another video when my bigger motor arrives

kelvinscott76 said:
Tpower said:
the video is in the uploaded post i made i didn't record any amps drawn and wattage so far but iv'e done a text run previously and its so fast and can kill for a bicycle lol
Ok sorry,now i can see... :wink:
same others set info:
batterys?...
your 420A esc it's sensored or sensoless version?...
Thanks and regards

Tpower said:
kelvinscott76 said:
Tpower said:
Ok sorry,now i can see... :wink:
same others set info:
batterys?...
your 420A esc it's sensored or sensoless version?...
Thanks and regards
it was a sensorless version and i used a 100volts battery setup

kelvinscott76 said:
hey man the motor was a 4000watts chinese motor and the weight is about of the bike is 85lbs not fully done trying to take my time to put things together and i weigh 180lbs,sorry i don't have the max amps drawn,watts and all that i'll make a another video when my bigger motor arrives

4000 watts motor? who rated that conhismotor/mxus/golden motor hub on your bike at 4000 watts?

Seems like you need to teach your camerawoman some patience :mrgreen:

So the hub motor is really easy on this ESC. :shock: Still need to see what it can do with a low inductance RC type motor...

Back