4kW Vector Frame build

Delivery time will be around 12th of December....... (I hope so... :oops: :| )

I've read whole thread. Good to hear you survived and healed after accident. Helmet is most important.

Some suggest you to get mxus 3000w motor but u still chose qs 205, why?
Asking because I too hesitate between these two motors. I tend towards mxus 3000w because of less weigth. Qs 205 is heavier and better dissipates heat. Do you see any more improve over mxus 3000w hub?

I would go with the QS 205 because of the heat and its more waterproof as far as I know. But most important is the heat. I don´t want to let my magnets loose their power because they get too hot. Would be a pitty..
The deal with QS is destroyed because I would have to care for the custom fear (zollgebühren), which would add 400 Euros. I will go with Artur custom motor from Vector. :)

-Merry Christmas,

Elias

Merry Christmas everyone :mrgreen:
I had a conversation with Artur via WhatsApp. He told me he won´t sell me the frame etc. if I haven´t tested it. That´s a good thing if you ask me because withouth testing it, I can´t know which components are the best for me. I live at the lace of constance at the bodensee. That´s around 3 carhoures away from Munich, Artur, Vector house. So I will visit Artur after new year and get my components. Best think I could choose if you ask me. I can´t choose the wrong components and can also meat Artur. Great thing :)

-And a happy new year :D

-Elias

So Last Saturday I was in Munich, meeting Artur and talking with him about his awesome bikes. Was a really great day. I have never expected to be able to drive a 14kW Bike like he has in near future. But now It became real. I testrode the bike for about 15 Minutes. 15 Minutes full of smiling and laughing because I was so amazed. You can't imagine the acceleration if you haven't driven a bike like this before. It is ssooooooo freaking awesome, I tell you... Holy smoke

The first mode, the Eco mode was nice to get a feeling for the bike. Real slow acceleration and nice handling and smooth control about the whole throttle.

The next mode, called normal was already awesome. You push the throttle and up you go like "wooooooow, wait a second" haha :D I have tried to count how long it takes from 0-30kph. I think it was about 1,5 seconds. Means a LOT OF TORQUE... Incredible..! :mrgreen: and then Artur said it's just 35% of power, what the bike actually has.

BOOST MODE: ... I think the name sais already everything what you need to know :mrgreen: ... Artur was like: " Ok you have to be careful now" I: "Ok" A: "very gentle.." I: "Got it" and woom, front wheel was directly up in the air. It's just incredible. I'm still smiling when I think back to this moment haha:D. So after all the boost mode is more like scary than anything else. I have tried to go with my weig over to handlebars to not do a wheely instandly. Didn´t helped in any way. Because of the power I got pushed to the rear wheel I even turned the throttle more.. quiet scary haha :D But I would do it again if I could :D :mrgreen: Forget any roller coaster. THIS is the real thing :mrgreen:

The whole 7 houres of riding to munich and back were absolutly worth it. Artur is an absolutly symphatic person, a really nice and awesome guy. I can just 100% recomment Vector, deals with Artur etc. Nothing bad here. The bikes also looked reeeaaallyy good. I think Im gonna take the blue one with black fork. Looks just amazing..! :mrgreen:

-Elias

View attachment 3
image(3) (Copy).jpg
View attachment 1
image(1).jpg

Hi man, I bet you have the bike finished and ride and ride and don't have time to write us how great is that :-D

So you have QS Motor with Adaptto? How does it run?

Hi there, so many things have changed. I was with my thoughts everywhere^^ From building my own battery to using LiPo, to buy the whole bike, and finally I've ended with building my own one to save me some dollars (a bit more then just "some dollars").

I have everything ordered from Vector/Artur directly, except of the front tube and front tire which I have to buy on local store and on the internet at classic cycles.com. The only three things which are missing, is the battery (2.5kWh), headset and rear tire. Artur told me about a week ago it will arrive in two weeks, which means from now on still one week. Im shure it will take another two weeks until everything is here on my place in germany. I will report later about my build. Maybe on an extra topic, without all this "before the story really begins"-stuff.

~Elias

Kkozi said:
Hi man, I bet you have the bike finished and ride and ride and don't have time to write us how great is that :-D

So you have QS Motor with Adaptto? How does it run?

I don´t have it yet, but I have testrode it two times in Munich on Artur´s place. And it runs just incredible, I tell you! The torque is just so massive, you can´t immagine that without having testrode it. So Max-E with custom QS4 from Vector = WIN :mrgreen:

I plan to pick up the stuff from Artur in person. So I would like to test the bikes there too.

I decided to build:

-Black Vector frame with convex side covers
- Qs 205 v3 from Vector
- Used Rock Shox Boxxer fork
- Used or new Rock Shox rear shock
- 19" moto rims amd tyres from novabikes.eu
- Used Handle bar, maybe from Renthal
- Li-Po Battery, probably 25 Ah build (novabikes.eu)
- Sabvoton Controller from novabikes.eu
- Cycle Analyst
- Custom BMS Novabikes.eu
- some used parts (seat, seat tube)
- Shimano hydraulic brakes with pressure sensors
- Freewheel from Vector.

Kkozi said:
I plan to pick up the stuff from Artur in person. So I would like to test the bikes there too.

I decided to build:

-Black Vector frame with convex side covers
- Qs 205 v3 from Vector
- Used Rock Shox Boxxer fork
- Used or new Rock Shox rear shock
- 19" moto rims amd tyres from novabikes.eu
- Used Handle bar, maybe from Renthal
- Li-Po Battery, probably 25 Ah build (novabikes.eu)
- Sabvoton Controller from novabikes.eu
- Cycle Analyst
- Custom BMS Novabikes.eu
- some used parts (seat, seat tube)
- Shimano hydraulic brakes with pressure sensors
- Freewheel from Vector.

Testriding the bike is always a great idea. Didn´t believed that in the beginning. But it´s a good thing. What do you pay for fork, shock, moto rims, handlebars, lipos (what datas? how many s, and p?, and brakes?
Will you use Adaptto / What controller?

Some update on my build finally.

I was in Munich to pickup the frame, motor and other things included Adaptto Midi-E. I finally had a chance to test drive the Arturs bike. WOW. The acceleration in boost mode is incredible. I was so amazedbut have a feeling that is too mich for me :) So I decided to save some bucks and taha the Adaptto Midi-E. I think it will be the best way for me. So I left 1630 EUR in Munich and then bought some other used things.

So I have:

- Frame
- Qs 205 v3 motor with freewheel from Vector
- ADAPTTO CONTROLLER
- ADAPTTO BMS
- Rock Shox Boxxer RC fork + black spring (must test it)
- awaiting laced 19" moto rims with 2.5" tyres
- Hadlebar, seat tube, seat, shimano Nexus cranks
- Some basic shimano hydraulic brakes (for testing) I would like to try magnet and hall sensor paired with adaptto to rrach adaptive regen

I must buy the rearshock. I had a Rock Shox Vivid R2C 240mm but it doesnt fit the Vector frame. Could be mountet upside down without the cover plate but I would rather use a 220mm shock.

And the battery: I probably plan to use 10x 4s 16000mAh multistar packs. But not really decided.

Where do you buy the twist throttle?

Kkozi said:
Some update on my build finally.

I was in Munich to pickup the frame, motor and other things included Adaptto Midi-E. I finally had a chance to test drive the Arturs bike. WOW. The acceleration in boost mode is incredible. I was so amazedbut have a feeling that is too mich for me :) So I decided to save some bucks and taha the Adaptto Midi-E. I think it will be the best way for me. So I left 1630 EUR in Munich and then bought some other used things.

So I have:

- Frame
- Qs 205 v3 motor with freewheel from Vector
- ADAPTTO CONTROLLER
- ADAPTTO BMS
- Rock Shox Boxxer RC fork + black spring (must test it)
- awaiting laced 19" moto rims with 2.5" tyres
- Hadlebar, seat tube, seat, shimano Nexus cranks
- Some basic shimano hydraulic brakes (for testing) I would like to try magnet and hall sensor paired with adaptto to rrach adaptive regen

I must buy the rearshock. I had a Rock Shox Vivid R2C 240mm but it doesnt fit the Vector frame. Could be mountet upside down without the cover plate but I would rather use a 220mm shock.

And the battery: I probably plan to use 10x 4s 16000mAh multistar packs. But not really decided.

Where do you buy the twist throttle?

Awesome! Haha Im still smiling when thinking back to this amazing accelleration..! Holy crap xDDDDD HAHAHAHA :D Its so fun :D

Well, I have bought my twist throttle from Artur. But if I could, I would decide for a different one. Just like this one: A "half twist throttle with buttons"
Half%20Twist-500x500.jpg

This mode switch just right on your thumb is for shure better. But wait.. You got some handlebars from him? Awesome. Didnt have the oppitunity. Which battery Pack do you mean? Maybe such LiPos? I have ordered 5 of them from hobbyking: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__68821__Multistar_High_Capacity_4S_16000mAh_Multi_Rotor_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=multistar%2016000mAh

But I will buy five more to get 2.2kWh :twisted:

-Cheers, Elias

Back