6" Pneumatic Riverbed Board has new Aluminum Wheels

drmacgyver said:
Gorgeous wheels, man! Is there a significant height difference?

I think, unless you use a drop down deck there will be. It would be like most of the retail boards. I used this drop down/drop through and everything fell in place with no wheel bite.

Cool, drop down/through seems like the answer. Wheelbite is nothing a dremel can't handle. Hows the turning radius affected, if at all?

drmacgyver said:
Cool, drop down/through seems like the answer. Wheelbite is nothing a dremel can't handle. Hows the turning radius affected, if at all?

Unaffected as far as I'm concerned. Pneumatic wheels just have a different feel than urethanes.

drmacgyver said:

Rubber tires allow you to make enormous lean on the board without making the wheel slip/slide, unlike a high duro urethane. This directs the board towards your intended line, making the turn quick and effective as long as you have momentum.

Trade-off is of course battery life, because of the high rolling resistance. Thread pattern and rubber material will also affect range.

Ahh, okay cool. I've got 2x3s8000mah zippys waiting to replace a 6s5000mah, so hopefully the extra capacity will at least even out my range back to what I've been getting on 83mm urethanes. Regardless of the trade offs, pneumatics are a necessity.

I agree- the pneumatics are far superior for everyday use..I find if I just pump them up to above the max pressure and the range increases significantly- They do become harder but still roll better over obstacle better..

Those look freakin' sweet! :D I'm really excited to hear how they ride so I can get a set. Do you know the total weight of all 4 assembled wheels?

Thanks! These tires are the real deal. They are weighty! Seems like they could even work with no air. I'm thinking the hubs and 6x2 tires are a little under a lb. each. I don't have a scale. Can't wait to do a test ride :shock:

The other tires I've got are really light (like a foldable road bike tire)

Getting a blow out at the speeds we go would be nasty, so I think the extra weight is a fair trade off for bulkier tires. Have you tried them out yet?

drmacgyver said:
Getting a blow out at the speeds we go would be nasty, so I think the extra weight is a fair trade off for bulkier tires. Have you tried them out yet?

Not yet...I'm waiting on a belt to arrive for my 14t pulley. Pretty sure these won't get flats and even if you were capable of puncturing them you can ride them without air without collapsing them.

So the tires are from Matco and the rims are custom CNC or?
I would definitely like to get my hands on some of those alu wheels with the thinner tires you posted earlier. They can use 6x1.5 and 6x2 on those hubs?

scoot-e said:
I would definitely like to get my hands on some of those alu wheels with the thinner tires you posted earlier. They can use 6x1.5 and 6x2 on those hubs?

They can use 6x1 and 6x2 tires. I have one of my boards I"m working on -- on the 6x1. Those 6x2's look beefy :mrgreen: Might be able to run over little kids and old grandmas toes.

psychotiller might have another run. Glad i got mine when I did :)

scoot-e said:

I'm working on making some more soon. Yes, you can use the 6x1.5" or 6x2" tires on these hubs. The 6x2's are considerably heavier but I like them better. I'll let everyone know when they'll be available.

psychotiller said:
scoot-e said:

I'm working on making some more soon. Yes, you can use the 6x1.5" or 6x2" tires on these hubs. The 6x2's are considerably heavier but I like them better. I'll let everyone know when they'll be available.

Definitely let me know, I'll be first in line - will shoot you a pm
Great work
Any idea when you think you might get more, weeks months?...thx!

666yeti666 said:
nice built !

I have a question regarding the board. What is the brand and type number ?
And do you never have wheel bite in a steep turn ?

thx
regards
Sebastien

Generic. This is the closest I could find for you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371187091984?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You should know that it comes 7ply and that I added some layers of fiberglass to the deck to make it stiffer. With my 6" wheels I can loosen the trucks all the way without getting wheel bite. This is the perfect deck shape for bigger wheels.

Sorry Psycho, but I have to be annoying and ask... Any updates on the next batch? I'm dying for a set of those beasts :)

Haha! No worries. I'm just trying to get the funds together for an order...Holidays man, Holidays man :shock:

Back