72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

Edit

Gordo said:
The controller I showed is made by Ranton and uses 4110 FETs rated at 100V. I just received this confirmation from a lady I correspond with in Guangdong China, the home of Ranton.

If they are real 4110 that would be the steal of the century. Can you take pictures of the fets?

iovaykind said:
They're not real 4110 fets I can tell you that...

I was trying to be nice lol. Obviously they are not real 4110, just the fets would be more than the cost of the entire controller.
I just wanted to see if they were even fake 4110, even that would be nice lol.

stewrobb, waiting on your results about this controller. for $46 i'll just buy it with all the functions I need and call it a day. If you read my novara build thread you'll see that I have a controller that no longer works. Still have a spare, but that's the one with the weaker fets, and I might just go with the one you got depending on how it goes. thanks.

Where did you find that 18fet version?

not the same manufacture:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/499889288-72V1500W-55Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-18mosfets-wholesalers.html

the new controllers have 14awg power and phase wires :( 12awg was on the older ones.. still better, so wow they degraded the newer controllers quite a bit.

Anyone know what the next orange plugs are for? I tried to figure out its function but couldn't. The other plugs are basically the same as the old controller.. just extra two orange wires, that you can short together.. its not low speed thats for sure.

Rumberopie said:
not the same manufacture:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/499889288-72V1500W-55Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-18mosfets-wholesalers.html

I am afraid the controller from the link is not HuaTong

Rumberopie said:
Anyone try the 18 fet version?
The manufacturer declare 55a continuos!!!

Very interesting find.
This is a larger controller, weighing almost 2X the Hua Tong.
.95Kg 250mm x 120mm x 60mm vs .5Kg 200mm x 100mm x 60mm

Not free shipping either.

I've been waiting on this controller to ship out for a while now, they told me they forgot to enable the functions and had to go back and do it, thats why it took longer. It was shipped today and I am eagerly awaiting it, I do not expect fast shipping though, I figure I'll have it before November. iovaykind, you say you bought one, did it ship for you yet? If your in the states you'll probably get it before me, let me know. hopefully the regen is nice and smooth. I'll update as soon as I get it.

Good point about the weight Gordo. I wonder where that comes from, maybe a giant heatsink or non aluminum case? Don't think a larger component set would do it.

O fair enough lol, I'm fine being the Guinea pig, I am desperate. I must have misinterpreted you. Ill let you know

Stickers really mean nothing... I have no worries that it'll handle 100v 1500w 55a just fine, its just a matter of what kind of features it has enabled. 18 fet is awesome even if they're cheaper fets.

cohberg said:
Granted the stickers don't mean much but i'm looking at the pictures for the greentime GT-MC-721500 and the max voltage/wattage i see is 60V/1000W?

Look a little more closely and you will see the sticker is of a 36V/48V 800W controller. Means nothing.
1500.JPG

Edit; Reply from the seller; "The standard model which we sell on Aliexpress made by 4410-100V mosfets, I just confirmed with the engineer."

Again, to preface what i'm about to say, when dealing with the chinese, stickers mean nothing.
But based of off the lvc which is set for a 48v sla pack @ 10V per battery, the stickers i see, and the types of controllers this company makes its more likely that its a 75V fet controller.

I hope, just as much as the rest of you, that this is a 18 mosfet 100V capable controller.

stewrobb, you've been in communication with the seller right?
is it confirmed that the caps and fets are rated at 100V?

I just received my Hua Tong 72V-1500W controller. I ordered it Oct. 3 and it arrived on the 11th. It's from DHgate.com and I paid $37.62 which included shipping. It's a 15 FET model (IRFB4710). The caps are 100V. I have attached some pictures. When I get a chance I will see if it will turn my build2 modded Turnigy 80-100 outrunner at 18S, rewound 9T in wye, ~70kV, with internal hall sensors. I'll post results when I have them. Anyone know what the rated electrical rpm of this controller is?

Attachments

• P1050231.JPG
    P1050231.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,933
  • P1050236.JPG
    P1050236.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,933
  • P1050241.JPG
    P1050241.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,933
  • P1050251.JPG
    P1050251.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,933
  • P1050258.JPG
    P1050258.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,933
mauimart, what is the red plug (2nd from bottom) for?

edit: actually it looks like two new plugs the brown/black/red (red tipped) and green/black (white tipped)

Untitled.jpg

yes. those are two New plug, i have never seen them. More and more plugs is coming !! but looks it stay at the same price. Wow. REally cheap.. usd37, my i bought it at USD55.00 :cry:

Well, damn. That board looks different than mine, and I bought it just a month ago. How can they change board layout every month or so?

Mauimart, check out all those pads on board, and try to document all it's features.

Back