72v 1500W 40A Hua Tong CA08 XM06AD_P04.1 controller

My methods above i have been using for years, my previous switch was a cheap type yet it still work for a very long time, about 2years, until the 2 way plastic switches.. I pressed until is damage. now my current 2 switches is alot better quality, i think this will last me a very long time, easily 5years. i think i will use this for any controllers if is a 48v, if is a higher volts.. i think got to do a testing again... 100ohm, or 200ohm, 300ohm, 400, or 500ohm ? test it directly to the battery 88v or 80v.. see until the sparks disappear. try not to used resistor 10watts 1000ohm or more. It output no current to the controller. it needs abit of current to reach the caps.

there is a method used in kelly controller, has the diagram how the circuit works for the controller. it is the same can be used for this controller.

I started with one 10W 510ohm resistor. It wouldn't allow enough current to charge the caps. Added another in parallel, but still wasn't enough. Three in parallel for 30W 170ohm works perfect for 50-100V battery pack.

My ebike is alive. The ride is crazy :shock: Don't know how I can deal with the throttle being so jumpy though.. makes it feel very unsafe if I accidentally throttle it too much.

Is there someone here that has tried this controlller on a 9c hub ? If yes does the phase wire match ?

Not that I know of, but the problem is that the website we were using for lyen controllers is now gone because of the new ownership issues. Good luck finding it. Keep us posted, its valuable.

This might help using a 9C motor.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28383&hilit=9c+yellow+blue+green#p409498

Is there someone who opened the controller ? Can you see if the battery wire and the voltmeter wire are directly in parallel or is there something between them ? Because the voltmeter plug could be used to bulk charge the batteries or to feed a second controller...

i have open up the controller afew times. i cannot see they join in parallel, i have took the volts meter out Too. they are not useful wires. the volt meter wires are very thin, cannot do anything much except to check volts.
ken

Yes it does. the voltmeter is the wire in this photo and you can just the the V+ pad in the top of the picture

hi.. every one and good morning !
This hua tong controller will work with cyclone MOTORs too !! im very happy and it really work for hua tong controller. Cyclone controller are a crazy expensive pricing USD160.00.. im really happy and this motor really Work and run very well from hua tong controller. it took me many months to find out why it don't work, it was totally my fault becasue i didn't check the wiring connection properly. so if anyone cyclone controller do not work... please you can really find other source controller to work with..

cheers
kentlim

It should work with any brushless motor. What I'm looking for now is reverse and a way to up the regen voltage, and any other things that might be useful. Just don't want to mess with it till I get the spare I ordered in case I blow it up.

Have you found use for reverse? I never found it useful to have it. This regen mod im hoping you'll figure out wes. would definitely use it especially at the speed of these bikes.

Reverse would come in handy for trikes. But basically, I just think it would be nice to know what all features it does support and document them somewhere.

If it's a 100% power reverse then it would be useful for a retro-direct 2 speed, however, reverse are often programmed at only around 30% of max power.

I tried rigging up the voltmeter today but ran into a problem. The "alarm" plug that's supposed to be Battery+/5v/ground isn't giving me the 5 volts I need to run my voltmeter. It's only giving out 4.2 volts and that's not enough to turn it on. Anyone else had this problem and figured out a way to get the wire to give out 5v?

There's a 5V bus inside the controller. Use it. The grey alarm lead isn't connected directly to the 5V bus, but to A3. I got 4.6V out of it.

OK, I found the phase/hall match ups for Lyens controller. They should be the same as the Hua Tong controller.

Below are the known color linings for both hall and phase wires:

Lyen Controller to Crystalyte motor wire color lining:

Controller: Motor:
HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

PHASE:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

Lyen Controller to Ebikekit 9C motor wire color lining (around 2A unlaced freewheel at 44.4v):

Hall:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

Phase:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

or

Hall:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

Phase:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

Lyen Controller to Puma/MAC/BMC geared hub motor wire color lining including motors from Ebikes SF, motors from Australia, and the silver color ones (around 4.7A for Puma/MAC and 3.7A for BMC unlaced freewheel at 44.4v tested on 4/5/2011):

Hall:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

Phase:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

or

Hall:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

Phase:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

or

Hall:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

Phase:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

Lyen controller to Ezee geared hub motor wire color lining:

User tested (works with 3 combination):

Hall:
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Blue

Phase:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

Hall:
Yellow Green
Green Blue
Blue Yellow

Phase:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

Hall:
Yellow Blue
Green Yellow
Blue Green

Phase:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

Lyen Controller to Maxi Might motor wire color lining (3/28/2011):

HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

PHASE:
Yellow Blue
Green Yellow
Blue Green

Lyen controller to Cyclone motor:

Red Yellow
Black Orange

Hall:
Yellow Red
Green White
Blue Black

Phase:
Yellow Red
Green White
Blue Black

Throttle:

Controller > Throttle:
Red Red
Black White
Green Yellow

Lyen Controller to Golden Motor MagicPie motor wire color lining (5/19/2011):

HALL:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

PHASE:
Yellow Green
Green Yellow
Blue Blue

Do you know what the phase angle is for the motors listed above ? Because it's the first time I see such a connector on a controller.

I'm pretty sure they are all 120.

I don't think its programmable or has 3 speed switch, though the 3sp would be awesome since our throttles can be quite jumpy when you've got so much power going to the wheels.

Did anybody of you who opened controller noticed which FETs are inside?

The fets are 4410's, rated for 100V.

Back