Aussie Role Call

WOW :shock: Bad news-good news. :roll:

Good to hear he is not permanently incapacitated.

Awaiting updates on possible ways to alleviate his lack of funds. Get well soon, Lawrie.

cool that''s good to hear in a way. that time on your back sucks hope he has a tilling bed as that makes it allot easier to read or do stuff on the lappy

i wonder if hes at ward 11 yet?

Hi Guys,
Just letting you all know that I'm doing well in Shenton Park Rehab (yes ward 11). I've got a crushed L5 Verterbrae thats gonna take a while to mend but all else is going well... luckily. Many thanks to everyone for there help, offers of help, and general concern for my well being. I really appreciate it.

It was a good day -- that finished early in my case, but hopefully we can do the day again next year some time. Anyone wanting to call by, please do, otherwise i should be back at ES from time to time as the hospital has manged to dig up a laptop stand...

Cheers,
Lawrie

lalaland said:
Hi Guys,
Just letting you all know that I'm doing well in Shenton Park Rehab (yes ward 11). I've got a crushed L5 Verterbrae thats gonna take a while to mend but all else is going well... luckily. Many thanks to everyone for there help, offers of help, and general concern for my well being. I really appreciate it.

It was a good day -- that finished early in my case, but hopefully we can do the day again next year some time. Anyone wanting to call by, please do, otherwise i should be back at ES from time to time as the hospital has manged to dig up a laptop stand...

Cheers,
Lawrie

Great to hear from you again Lawrie, Ward 11 yup. know it well, as far as hospitals go Shents aint all bad
but... still a hospital after 5 in RPH an 6 in Shents I was very over hospitals. Shall get down next week after pay day mate, i need to hit up Rehab Engineering and see about a new wheelchair anywayz haha...shall bring down a big Jar of Minties and assorted candy :lol: will keep the nurses hovering around you till the jars empty :mrgreen: On a serious note, do you have a personal DVD player available? If not and we can arrange one for you, i can/will
bring you enough latest release movies to watch back to back for the rest of your stay, I KNOW how boring and
long the days are when all you can do is lay there and look at the ceiling... Let us know anywayz
Lawrie i'm sure we can arrange something!

Cya soon bloke...

KiM

p.s Lawrie, i broke l5 l6 vertebrae myself we now have two things in common e-bikes and broke backs in same spot LoL

Lawrie,

Great to hear from you. We were all very concerned when AJ posted up the news of the accident.

Keen to help out how ever I can. Hospitals can be pretty frustrating places, so let us know what might make the time go a bit easier and we will see what we can organise. Otherwise post up a paypal account and we can donate to help you rebuild the bike. If you are up for it.

Anyway, all the best for a speedy recovery.

- Adrian

Phew.. i wish you a speedy recovery ! I HATE hospitals... i canot even begin to explain how much i despise that place.. but on the flip side they have their benefits.. ...

I 2nd the motion for a paypal addy !!! :D .. can't offer a whole lot but would certainly send a few canadian loonies your way.. every bit helps in times like these ! 8) Don't be shy.. post it up !

Nice to hear from you Lawrie and that you are on the road to recovery(or bed), it started a good day but got a bad taste in it,
I'd be happy to chip in for the mending of the trike,
All the best mark.

Wow that sounds like a bad stack Lawrie, good luck for a speedy recovery. I'm glad I'm not the only Aussie member who can't stay on his ebike :oops:

On a light hearted note, you know things aren't going to end well when you rock up to a meet and half the members are already paraplegic :lol:

I'm happy to paypal across a few bucks too, for a few e-beers :)

Thanks again guys
@ aussiejester - 3 things in common , you forgot "rugged good looking" :wink:

Yeah the hospital is certainly frustrating, but being here also makes it really hit home how lucky I am compared to what a lot of others have to go through. Anyhow all being well I should'nt need financial help... even if I miss a month or too at work things will be OK. But I love the idea a helping people out in need, if everyone had that attitude we could do away with insurance!.

As far as the trike goes - I will probably have a go at fixing the frame myself- Ive got a very nice TIG welder that can almost weld anything ...just that my skills arent quite up to the machines capabilities :(

Cheers,
Lawrie

Lalaland said:

BWAHAHA.. yes...3 things :: wink ::

lalaland said:
As far as the trike goes - I will probably have a go at fixing the frame myself- Ive got a very nice TIG welder that can almost weld anything ...just that my skills arent quite up to the machines capabilities

I reckon Timma2500 would be more than happy to drop by and show you a thing or
two when your back on your feet Lawrie, he is pro TiG welder ;) Shouldn't
take much to get the trike straightened, cut-n-shut type of affair to replace the bananaed bit and
she will be good as new ;)

Shents can be damn depressing when you see the state some of the patients are in, especially the head
injured, more often than not from motorcycle accidents too i was told.

Sounds like your in good spirits anywayz mate, check in when you can let us know how your travelling
offers still there for some dvds just letz us know if we need to organize one of the lil personal dvd players
with a small screen for you ;)

KiM

Hi Lawrie,
Great to hear you are on the road to recovery.
I'm extremely relieved that no nerve damage was caused by us moving you and me driving you home.
We should of insisted a little stronger that you took an ambulance.
Get well mate,
Matt.P.

1000w said:
Hi Lawrie,
Great to hear you are on the road to recovery.
I'm extremely relieved that no nerve damage was caused by us moving you and me driving you home.
We should of insisted a little stronger that you took an ambulance.
Get well mate,
Matt.P.

Cheers for driving me home mate and unloading the trike. By the time we got to my place I was thinking that maybe I should have just got an ambulance, however as with a lot of things, its easy to say what you should have done when you've had time to think.

Its a little difficult to be insistent with someone youve only just met a few minutes earlier... Anyway, plenty of lessons from the day

Lawrie

AussieJester said:
Lalaland said:

BWAHAHA.. yes...3 things :: wink ::

lalaland said:
As far as the trike goes - I will probably have a go at fixing the frame myself- Ive got a very nice TIG welder that can almost weld anything ...just that my skills arent quite up to the machines capabilities

I reckon Timma2500 would be more than happy to drop by and show you a thing or
two when your back on your feet Lawrie, he is pro TiG welder ;) Shouldn't
take much to get the trike straightened, cut-n-shut type of affair to replace the bananaed bit and
she will be good as new ;)

Shents can be damn depressing when you see the state some of the patients are in, especially the head

Sounds like your in good spirits anywayz mate, check in when you can let us know how your travelling
offers still there for some dvds just letz us know if we need to organize one of the lil personal dvd players
with a small screen for you ;)

KiM

News is good today. No news from the doctor - but suddenly I'm having a chest to thigh cast made which is going to be the mould for a 'poly jacket' which means they are intending getting me upright a lot earlier than I was first told. The guy across from me who got thrown from a horse and has a similar injury is doing the 'what about me' thing...

Meh. Hospital made a mistake with their dates . Back on original schedule....

AussieJester said:

All hospitals are like that after a while, I think, boring as hell when you can't get about and do much. I remember having the "popularity" of motorcycle accidents rammed home when I was wheeled out of surgery into the ward (for what became a fairly lengthy stay). Everyone else on in the room on my ward (Elliot ward, Northwick Park Hospital, for the curious), except one who'd fallen off a ladder and broken his back, was a motorcycle accident victim. I had wondered why there was a cheer of "here comes another one, mates" when I was wheeled in (my scuffed leathers and boots were draped over the end of the trolley and were the first things they saw as I was wheeled in). The guy opposite me in the ward was the dealer I'd bought my bike from (an Aussie called Kim, as it happens).

Jeremy

Jeremy Harris said:
The guy opposite me in the ward was the dealer I'd bought my bike from (an Aussie called Kim, as it happens).
Jeremy

Must of been a hell of a nice guy with big muscles and killer looks Jermey? LoL :mrgreen:

Bugger on the mix up with the schedule Lawrie :-( Are you well enough to be wheeled out onto the veranda
and sit outside?

KiM

Jeremy Harris said:
I remember having the "popularity" of motorcycle accidents rammed home
When I came off my ebike a few months back and broke both wrists and elbow they assumed it was a motorbike due to the speed I said I was doing and the armoured jacket I was wearing when I came in. It got me priority treatment through the emergency dept and the nurses were extra nice to me :mrgreen:

AussieJester said:
Jeremy Harris said:
The guy opposite me in the ward was the dealer I'd bought my bike from (an Aussie called Kim, as it happens).
Jeremy

Must of been a hell of a nice guy with big muscles and killer looks Jermey? LoL :mrgreen:

Bugger on the mix up with the schedule Lawrie :-( Are you well enough to be wheeled out onto the veranda
and sit outside?

KiM

The hospital wont allow those with full -spinal precautions out so they've told me. Mate, some days there are sure some young attractive nurses in here ...

lalaland said:
The hospital wont allow those with full -spinal precautions out so they've told me. Mate, some days there are sure some young attractive nurses in here ...

mmmm young nurses, only good thing about hospital, well that, and the morphine :lol: I,m guessing you might also get to see the chickie babes in physiotherapy later on too, used to have physio students come in when i was there as part of there training, god daaaamn

KiM

lalaland said:
Thanks again guys

Yeah the hospital is certainly frustrating, but being here also makes it really hit home how lucky I am compared to what a lot of others have to go through. Anyhow all being well I should'nt need financial help... even if I miss a month or too at work things will be OK. But I love the idea a helping people out in need, if everyone had that attitude we could do away with insurance!.

As far as the trike goes - I will probably have a go at fixing the frame myself- Ive got a very nice TIG welder that can almost weld anything ...just that my skills arent quite up to the machines capabilities :(

Cheers,
Lawrie

i'll drop in tomorow as i have appointments up their

Hyena said:
Wow that sounds like a bad stack Lawrie, good luck for a speedy recovery. I'm glad I'm not the only Aussie member who can't stay on his ebike :oops:

On a light hearted note, you know things aren't going to end well when you rock up to a meet and half the members are already paraplegic :lol:

I'm happy to paypal across a few bucks too, for a few e-beers :)
god your just jellus we're legless before we go to the pub and still get severed

get well lawrie,mm hot chickeepoo nurses made my last hospital stay very bareable.

Just thought i'd post another vid of that river E ride folks starting with a pan of that bloody ditch that Lawrie didn't see (in time)

[youtube]7SGDo_-newU[/youtube]
cheers mark

Jesus that's the slowest I've ever seen a bunch of ebikes move. I doubt you were using the street legal 200w between the lot of you :lol:

Hyena said:
Jesus that's the slowest I've ever seen a bunch of ebikes move. I doubt you were using the street legal 200w between the lot of you :lol:

lmao.. read my mind... wanted to scream out SISSIES..... ( But.. all things considered.. i've been present at a serious ATV group ride accident, the pace slows way down after an " incident !! " :eek: )

How's the healing lalaland man ?

Back