Aussie Role Call

Hey mate, preferably I would love to make my own, but considering I live in a small 2 bedroom, 2nd storey apartment and don't have a garage/shed, it's slightly impossible. Looks like I'll have to order some more in, I just find it hard to believe the prices they want.

Thanks for your help.

shorza said:
Hey all, anyone help me on where to buy some cheap torque arms, or perhaps designing some for a bulk order.

If you make up a template out of say breakfast cereal cardboard and have a lazer or similar cutting service nearby get them to cut them you can get about 6 made for about $60 and sell the rest or angle grinder with 1mm cutting disk various drill bits and files, they should be about 5mm thick, btw did I see your bike for sale in ebay?

I might just have to do that, I live near the heart of Melbourne so i'm sure there'll be a laser cutter around somewhere.

Yeah that's my first build bike. Sad to see it go, but running out of room in this apartment with my never ending quest for more power. :twisted:

So I hear an incredibly good looking chap from the east coast is headed over to Perth in a few weeks and there's a ride happening on the 1st of April.
Were those details posted somewhere AJ ? I've had a few PMs suggeting there's growing interest in attendance.
Were official details put down somewhere ? I remember reading it but don't remember where ?
Maybe make a thread in the e-vents forum with a link back to here ?

Hyena said:
So I hear an incredibly good looking chap from the east coast is headed over to Perth in a few weeks and there's a ride happening on the 1st of April.
Were those details posted somewhere AJ ? I've had a few PMs suggeting there's growing interest in attendance.
Were official details put down somewhere ? I remember reading it but don't remember where ?
Maybe make a thread in the e-vents forum with a link back to here ?

Not officially, what time are you getting into Perth on the Friday Hyena?

We figured the best spot is where we started last group ride, will have you picked up by Timma2500 and
then Matt.P and myself will meet you at the carpark beside the Garret Rd Bridge in Bayswater. (The ride
will be ~30km so anyone wishing to attend make sure you have the battery capacity to travel
the distance at a moderate pace, upwards of 30km/hr)

Alternatively, We could collect you direct from the Airport as thats also stones throw from where we start the ride?

Let us know when your plane gets in and/or what time you expect to be at the Hotel and we
can firm up the times...

KiM

Sweet.
My flight lands pretty early, just after 8am. I'm tied up with work all weekend so wanted to make sure I had all friday to play :p

If someone can grab me from the airport on the way through that'd be awesome otherwise I'll make my way into the city. I can't check into my hotel (new esplanade hotel on the park) until after lunch so I'd just be leaving my bags at the desk anyway.

Hi Jay,

I live 10 minutes from the airport and would be happy to pick you up and take you to the ride spot, (also 10 minutes) if that ties in with paul and matt's plans. :D

Simon.

Group Ride on 1st APRiL 12NooN..

Meeting point same as last ride carpark next to Garrat Rd bridge in Maylands
Meet behind theBayswater Paddlesports Club 12 noon ride
commencing no later than 12.30PM

Matt.P is planing the exact route i believe he's going for a trial ride today to check distance
etc it will be around 20km but will confirm, so be sure you have adequate battery capacity to cover the distance
at a moderate speed, average speed of 40-45km for the journey at least, the ride is almost entirely flat
pimple size hills nothing more.

Being a Friday i'm sure number's will be down for certain though Matt.P, myself, Hyena,Timma2500
and i believe you also sico? will be there. Hyena lands at the domestic airport at 10am Friday morning
Matt.P is collecting him then dropping in to pick me and the bike up before heading to the meet point
we have given ourselves some leeway in case Jays flight is late etc etc etc...

Look forward to catching up with all that attend ...

KiM

Well Kim, I missed my deadline for the track day :( So I might come and meet youse for the ride. I'll be in the treadly since the Mrs has her e-bike at work! But do you have plans for the weekend? Hope to catch you there - number is 0422191511

jonescg said:
Well Kim, I missed my deadline for the track day :( So I might come and meet youse for the ride. I'll be in the treadly since the Mrs has her e-bike at work! But do you have plans for the weekend? Hope to catch you there - number is 0422191511

Damn shame Chris sorry too hear mate :cry: bright side it will be better prepared for the next practice day ;)
Its alot of work building a fairing from scratch Chris, making the molds is a pain in the ass so time consuming as your finding. I wish you weren't the other side of town i
really want to help with things :( ...

Will be great to catch up Chris 12 noon we should be there you right to pedal 20km at 40+ clicks average?

KiM

Group Ride on TODAY 12NooN..

Meeting point same as last ride carpark next to Garrat Rd bridge in Maylands
Meet behind theBayswater Paddlesports Club 12 noon ride
commencing no later than 12.30PM

KiM

AussieJester said:
jonescg said:
Will be great to catch up Chris 12 noon we should be there you right to pedal 20km at 40+ clicks average?

KiM

If he can do that then he's a fit bugger! :shock: :) I'd be pretty surprised if we end up doing that speed (average) around those river paths, but I guess we'll find out. How many Watt hours will people have, I only have 660, si I'll be pushing it if we go that fast for 20km.

I'm tired and stringy today, but I'll do it ;) I ride 20 km a day to get to work, so it's no big deal.

See you there :)

Hey I got off early from my course today and swung past the Garrat Bridge rowing club car park at 3:20pm, but looks like I missed you all.

I will try my damndest to make the next one.... maybe in teh hills near Kim :)
Hope you had a good ride.

Greg

You missed us by about 3 hours, although I was back there about 2.45 as I had to drive and pick up the kids. Here are some shots of the lads who turned up for the ride:

P1010664_800x600.jpg

P1010665_800x600.jpg

Some bike I saw there:

P1010666_800x600.jpg

Other bikes:

P1010667_800x600.jpg

Riding off:

P1010668_800x600.jpg

It was great to meet up with people. The standard of construction and detail in the bikes there was just awesome. It put my bike to shame.

I don't think that Hyena is a convert to the (non-frock) RC drive though!

Simon.

sico said:
You missed us by about 3 hours, although I was back there about 2.45 as I had to drive and pick up the kids. Here are some shots of the lads who turned up for the ride:

View attachment 4

View attachment 3

Some bike I saw there:

View attachment 2

Other bikes:

View attachment 1

Riding off:

It was great to meet up with people. The standard of construction and detail in the bikes there was just awesome. It put my bike to shame.

Simon.

Thanks for taking the time to grabs some pics Simon, as you know i wasn't the most mobile thing
on the day without my wheelchair too scoot about on LoL... Was a great day for me, i think all
seemed to enjoy themselves, fantastic to finally catch up with Jay and other new faces (Simon included
in those ;) ) I really look forward to doing the longer run now down past the city and back along the
South Perth foreshore ...

Thanks again Simon oh, stealing your pics for my cruiser work log thread hope you don't mind :)
shall chat soon mate ;)

KiM

way, who are all those blokes, man are those shorts?

is it hot or something down there? i still got long johns on.

can you guys charge at that pub? is that coffee? i thought that was a northwest thing.

dnmun said:
way, who are all those blokes, man are those shorts?

is it hot or something down there? i still got long johns on.

can you guys charge at that pub? is that coffee? i thought that was a northwest thing.

That's scary, stop looking at my legs :mrgreen:
lol, love our winters, have 2 mates who wear shorts all year round :lol: Does not get below 0 C here :mrgreen:
It was great day to ride, low 30's. Did not ride my self, came to look at the bikes, some nice builds there.
Hope to have my bike ready before the next ride.

Yea that's coffee, more a scotch ma myself, had to much to do still that PM, drinking would stuff that up :oops:
And I am from Europe originally.

Jehu

dingotookmybaby said:
sico said:
It put my bike to shame.

Don't say that it makes mine look worse, glad yous had a good time, shame I couldn't make it

Yeah, hopefully next time its a weekend. Your bike was pretty tidy in to my memory, mine includes a nest of cable, but I'll chip away at it.

AJ said:
Thanks again Simon oh, stealing your pics for my cruiser work log thread hope you don't mind :)
No worries at all, looking forward to new updates :)

I think a few of us were wearing shorts ... that's pretty much the style over here at the moment, though some may long for the tighter, shorter shorts of the early 80s :lol:

Simon

sico said:
They have their place, but riding past police HQ on a bike with no pedals wasn't one of them! :lol:

I had a great day. Huge thanks to Matt, not only for picking me up at the airport and dropping me back and my hotel afterwards but also for putting off the sale of the cruiser so I had something to ride on the day. With Aussie Jester being such a turd, this guy brings balance to the force :mrgreen: :p

It was good to see everyones bikes, many of them set the bar very high.
I thought Matt's cruiser went quite well and the new owner should be happy with the performance from the big cyclone. It scooter along quite well with the controller dishing out 70 amps. In a drag race with a certain other chain driver cruiser there it was neck and neck. Mind you the other one fell apart a few minutes later :lol: The power and acceleration of both was quite comparable to my DD hub in the low to mid range - although with higher voltage mine pulls harder for longer - which is to be expected.

I liked your red bike too Matt. Very neat and for the average punter who wants something more gutsy than a poxy little bafang or similar they're a good option. If the new gears keep holding up well I think they're a great option for people that don't want huge power. With the cruiser gone I see something more powerful in your future though :wink:

I liked Pauls white bike too, although being loud and attracting attention the little cyclone did sound cool as it shifted through the rear gears. The frame mods are super sweet and I look forward to having some of his creations in my garage as soon as he's set up to do so :)

So yeah, a fine 3 course selection of non-hub motors was offered up for my sampling but I think I'll stick with my high powered frock motors for now :)
(spending many hours trying to get AJ's cruiser running may have something to do with it :p )

I have a back log of work to catch up on from my time away (including a kit for Richard and some upgrades for Kevin's bike) but I'll edit the footage from the day and get it uploaded in a few days.
A word of warning Aussie Jester, if you don't get that gearbox fixed up quickly you'll be outrun by Kevin's frock motor on the next outing now that he's going to 80v :p

Hey guys,
Haven't really looked in the general discussion thread until now but noticed this and thought I'd say hi.
I have just finished my first ebike build, thanks to a heap of help, especially from Hyena and Lyen, and also electronics help from Gary.

I currently have a Lyen 18fet and 9c 8x8, running off 18s lipos and couldn't be happier!!! Maybe a little happier when my HS3540 arrives ;).
No way I could have done it without this awesome forum.
Anyways, i'd love to meet other e-bikers in the area if anyone is interested in a group ride or something. Theres a great bike highway near me and its bikes only in some sections so perfect for testing and speed runs. :D

Also if anyone local is a pro battery box builder, I would love to have a chat. I'm struggling to design something practicle (lipo proof) and buildable with the limited tools I can keep in a unit.

Yes I think us Brisbane riders should get together for a road trip. I'm on the Northside & always do the Redcliffe to Boondal bike way. Where is everyone else.
Sick of reading how the WA guys have all the fun, they don't even have real beer over there and they play that silly football.

Hardcarve1 said:
Yes I think us Brisbane riders should get together for a road trip. I'm on the Northside & always do the Redcliffe to Boondal bike way. Where is everyone else.
Sick of reading how the WA guys have all the fun, they don't even have real beer over there and they play that silly football.

ROFL... Yes we play "silly football" we prefer it to that bum sniffing code you call "Rugby League" haha
grown men hugging an pushing their heads into team mates butts should be renamed "Rubme Please"
Great game though long as you have no neck a flat nose cauliflower ears and half a brain :mrgreen:
LoL@ Real beer bwahaha too funy...Queenslander's claim to fame in the beer stakes is 'XXXX' Beer (four X Beer
for the overseas readers) Too experience for yourself the taste of XXXX international readers, gobble the
end of a horses knob and suck hard :p will likely taste better than XXXX and not leave an after
taste like you been kissing the ass of a horse...not quite as bad as XXXX but you get the idea :mrgreen:

Welcome to the Aussie Role call thread :: ducks and waits for come back:: :mrgreen: :p :lol:

KiM

Back