bairdco racing at adams, september 15, 2012

RWP said:
I am planning to bring the eCortina and maybe another one that is not quite ready (not enough battery). Probably with an 80100 stock or rewound...not sure yet.
Really looking forward to kicking some butt :mrgreen:
Anyone know the schedule or bike numbers or---just more details?

Hopefully can keep #116, already made stickers for it :?

Bring it SoCal!

20120906_012955.jpg

20120906_013000.jpg

I love it! That's a hell of a contraption you've got Farfel! I can't wait to watch it rip!

Let's get a Roll Call going guys!

PM me if you are coming and I will add your name to the liszt.

Bairdco, we need a name for this race since it should be a legendary showdown!

September 15, Day of Reckoning (?)

1. SoSauty
2. Farfle
3. Etard
4. LiveForPhysics
5. RWP
6. Thud
7. Zombiess?
8. Stevil Knievel?
9. Nicobie
10. Acuteaero
11. Paul D? NO SHOW :cry:
12. E ticket
13. Alan B?
14. ?????

Let me know if you plan on coming guys.

Yes, it's a bicycle, with two bicycle motors, and a largish bicycle battery pack, it just happens to have a motorcycle seat, and no pedals in that pic lol

etard said:
12. E ticket?
I'm e-biking to Adams (~85mi RT) to spectate and cheer on the e-Racers. 8)
Won't be schlepping the big camera this time. :(

This is probably not for this thread.

My question about bicycle/motorcycle is not personal. I ask myself day in and day out that question. I wouldn't have built the eCortina if I wasn't interested in pushing what a bicycle is... But in my mind anything over 35ish is getting into blurred territory. Once Tim had the eCortina over 55mph, long straight very slight up hill (geared specifically for that attempt)...I ask myself is this bicycle territory?

The lure of a very light weight motorcycle also runs in my mind almost daily. It excites me to think of a 125# 75mph electric motorcycle using DH bicycle and moped parts...

So when I ask 'is it a bicycle or motorcycle' it's not personal - it's a thread that consumes a part of my daily bandwidth.

I so look forward to going to the races with you all!

I had planned on leaving MI the 11th but i have to push it out a day......I am driving the 3k miles to the event on saturdy.

All of my trip buddies have punked out on me.....

Any one wanna jump in along the way for an epic adventure? (Spinningmagnets you game?) I have the next week off but plan to leave California monday morning early. & wander back to michigan

taking I-80 thru vegas....shoot me a pm if your serious & have the time.

I am definatly making the trip.
vacation 2012 has officaly started as of 5:00 pm today.

etard said:

PM me if you are coming and I will add your name to the liszt.

Bairdco, we need a name for this race since it should be a legendary showdown!

September 15, Day of Reckoning (?)

1. SoSauty
2. Farfle
3. Etard
4. LiveForPhysics?
5. RWP
6. Thud?
7. Zombiess?
8. Stevil Knievel?
9. Nicobie
10. Acuteaero?
11. Paul D?
12. E ticket?
13. Alan B?
14. ?????

I will be there with deathbike set on-kill.

I am very likely carpooling down with Acuteaero.

I am trying to get Methods to come race with us as well.

PaulD will unfortunately be in China.

Farfle said:
Get methy down there!

I will do my best, you know he has a kid now though, it's kinda like having your soul die and it takes your free-time kicking and screaming with it, but maybe I will just kidnap him by force and he can wake up in the trunk of Aceutearos Prius hauling ass for the track.

Thud said:
Any one wanna jump in along the way for an epic adventure? (Spinningmagnets you game?) I have the next week off but plan to leave California monday morning early. & wander back to michigan
If I could finagle the weekend off and you were coming thru phoenix, I would grab your bumper as you went by...but I dun think I can connive my way out of working. :(

Thud is a sratch.......fuggin rc controllers let me down again.

then I seized up my gasser running lean......pretty bad day overall. instead of driving 68 hours over the next few days I think I will chill out.

I have 10 days off from work anyway.....I am going to clean the shop up & then go fishing.

good Luck racers & have fun.

Holy chit Thud! I didnt know you were back playing the fail controller game again. I'm sure someone here could lend you something my man. It won't be the same without you. :'(

All controllers fail me :wink: .....I am dangerously close to booking a
flight out & hanging out for the weekend.
any one have a loner or need a pilot for their race bike?

Thud said:
All controllers fail me :wink: .....I am dangerously close to booking a
flight out & hanging out for the weekend.
any one have a loner or need a pilot for their race bike?

No shit! My rider just bailed on me thIs morning, Will see who turns a faster lap tho, but may have you ride mine.

If you tell him what kind of motor you're using, maybe LFP can borrow one from somebody and tune a Sevcon to it for you to race with. ;)

Alright.....king of flip flops is back on....

I detuned the bulley & she's geared for failure.....& ive kidnaped my 22 year old son for the trip....leaving for points west this morning.....lord wlling & the creek don't rise, I will be there.

Back