Battery Connector Wiring on EBikeKit Controller

BrandonB

10 W
Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure of what to do here but wanted to get confirmation before I mess something up. I am changing the battery connector on my EBikeKit controller from a Molex connector to a Deans style connector, and as shown in the picture, I have two ~14GA wires and an ~18GA red wire. Am I correct in assuming that I can connect this wire in line with the larger red wire, or should I leave it disconnected? I seem to remember it being for something like an inline charger on my old Razor scooters, but I will be using a seperate charger to charge the batteries.

wiring.jpg

Thanks!

I am not familiar with that specific controller, but it looks like the common setup where in addition to the power input, a smaller red wire is brought out to use with a power switch. So you can connect that directly to the larger red wire. If you want to have a power switch, connect one terminal of the switch to the small red wire and the other terminal to the large red wire. The red wire is the voltage input to the voltage regulator that feeds the logic circuitry. The big caps and the mosfets will always be connected to the main power but will draw little or no current if the small red wire is not connected to the large red wire.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I wired it inline with the positive wire to test, I will wire in a switch aswell to prevent the inrush of current from ruining my plugs over time.

Back