battery range

666yeti666 said:
By the way, my single drive will consume 375mA/km with an average speed of 15km/h.

Yeti, I add you in the following table assuming 0.4 Ah x 22.2 V = 9Wh, 9Wh/km x 15 km/h = 135W

@ yeti : 9Wh/km x 15km/h = 135W ...
@ Torqueboard: 11 Wh/miles x 20 miles/h = 220 W …
@ Matt: 18.8 Wh/miles x 15 miles/h = 282 W …
@ beto_pty: 12 Wh/km x 40 km/h = 480 W …
@ made_in_the_alps : 15Wh/km x 35km/h = 525W ...

Update, for the records, based on datas from Eboard Single Motor Distance/Range/Mileage?

@ Psychohiller : 18.5Wh/miles x 20 miles/h = 370W
@ Janchristian : 20Wh/km x 40km/h = 800W (based on Top speed - not average)

could be an idea using the weight in the formula? for example using a "costum unit" like Wh/km*kg?
A bigger weight requires a bigger energy to accelerate and mantain a costant speed.

if we want to do something really accurate, we could using the gps data and find out the % of flat ground, % uphills and so on. :mrgreen:

yep,
agree on the "custom unit" or "indicator" I was thinking "Wh/km" / "km/h" since we want the "Wh" to be the lowest, and the distance and speed to be the highest.
agree also that altitude is not included, or said in other word : the assumption is that we all mostly run on flat ground when we gave our consumption numbers

Added myself to the list:

@ Murfix: 12,78 Wh/km x 22,1 km/h = 282 W
@ Psychohiller : 18.5Wh/miles x 20 miles/h = 370W
@ Janchristian : 20Wh/km x 40km/h = 800W (based on Top speed - not average)

Same as Matt :D

I want to take the jumbo place :wink:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=58329
Despite I've an comersial board it can be good as a reference.

@ Barndom: 30 Wh/km x 10 km/h = 300 W (comersial board, 600 W brushed with SLA's)

it's possible,
the outcome of this exercise seems to rather show that in most cases,
the set up does not tell much and the used power rely mostly on riding style (speeed)

Added Barndom "upgrade" + austindavid -
@beto, I think we found a serious challenger ahahahah just kidding :mrgreen: Austin runs an AT board with inflated wheels I guess, and/or he might just be a little less aerodynamic than us lol

I think i have the worst range out of everybody.
6s 10ah running twin TACON 245kv motors on a mountainboard with a range of 6miles with slight inclines!

Should the type of board also make a difference? emtb vs longboard.
How dry do you run your batteries? I only go down to 3.6v (lipo)

BShady said:
6s 10ah running twin TACON 245kv motors on a mountainboard with a range of 6miles with slight inclines!
Hi, so... 22,2x10=222Wh for 9.6km. 23Wh/km, what is your average speed ?
(so far, most of the values were taken along flat rides)
BShady said:
Should the type of board also make a difference? emtb vs longboard.
How dry do you run your batteries? I only go down to 3.6v (lipo)
well... there is a kind of shift of extra consumption for the ones running "inflated tyres" - like Murfix and Austin
I only go down to 3.6V/cell too
and to get back on the original topic, there seem to be something fishy with "Matt" board, since he consumes roughtly as much as an emtb, or the numbers he provided were from a ride with slopes, or..., or... or...

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
BShady said:
Hi, so... 22,2x10=222Wh for 9.6km. 23Wh/km, what is your average speed ?
(so far, most of the values were taken were on flat road)

About 10 mph. (I'm just a beginner at riding boards!)

I realized last night that the chart was in Kilometers...my board rated here (pintail) goes 33mph/53kph :D

psychotiller said:
Haha! No that would be fully charged top speed. 35-40kph usually.

hu? ya my top speed for 50% is 13mph. i bumped it up to 75% and i felt the difference. at 50% i can keep the board stable even on full trigger(13mph) but at 75% i had trouble controlling it at around 3/4 trigger

@BShady, I think psycho' was commenting my remark about his numbers -
regarding yours, it still seems to consume a bit too much... but if this includes some uphill rides, not enought inflated tyres, unefficient ESC then it might be reasonnable
psychotiller said:
Haha! No that would be fully charged top speed. 35-40kph usually.
Fine thxs. I might update but leave you close to torqueboard for now

seems like
- yeti, psycho, torqueboard and Beto_pty are having the more efficient rigs
- transmission losses and Rolling resistances are more significant than aerodynamic drag below 25kph
- AT boards can consume few 100W more than skateboards

I am getting 14-15mile range with 6s 10Ah lipo and dual 50mm motors. Usually fairly spirited riding, slight hills, about 15mph average speed, and 22mph top speed. I only charge up to 24.9V also, if I do a full charge the hobbyking controllers glitch, I have to wait until they drain a bit and then reset the controllers.

Back