battery range

Belts are really efficient, up to 99%. I have noticed if they are too tight, or not aligned well it will effect the rolling resistance significantly. I run mine as loose as I can without them skipping. I can usually push them and they will deflect a few mm without significant effort. Try it out just coasting, have them tight and give a few kicks and see how far you roll, then loosen them up and try it again.

updated psycho's numbers + Rs4race and onloop added
it seems now more obvious that riding around 25kph requires about 300Welec power.
for some reasons, some seem to ride up to 10kph faster with the same power.

average speed [kph] / "Electrical consumption[Watt]"
yeti 15 135
torqueboard 32 220
Matt 24 282
Murfix 22 282
Barndom (brushed and SLA's) 10 300
psycho 35 320
Slistack 29 350
BShady 16 368
beto_pty 40 480
in_the_alps 35 525
rs4race 24 260
onloop 25 275
austin 40 900
Barndom II 14 274

Could it be in the gearing? My pintail's gearing is 1.77 and my wheels are 80mm. 290kv motor. It has crazy amounts of torque and acceleration is smooth. It has never seemed to work hard on long rides. And no, I'm not extra aerodynamic :lol:

got a update after another test run yesterday.

6s 10ah, average speed of 20kph, range of 13km. CRAZY THING IS THIS WAS ALL ON GRASS not on paved roads!?
if my math is right than 17Wh\km

i got 3km more adn lowered my wh\km from 23 to 17. all on grass

i fixed my alignment a little and lowered my motor timing to 15 instead of 20.

razad7@gmail.com said:
how can i check my watt\hour ?
wanna see how am i on the list,
Thanks
You can get a descent measurement if you take your battery cells count (in serie) multiply it with 3,7 (V for Li-Po) and multiply that with the amp hours (Ah) on your battery. Ex: 6S, 5000mAh will be 6S x 3,7V x 5Ah = 111 Wh.

Barndom said:
You can get a descent measurement if you take your battery cells count (in serie) multiply it with 3,7 (V for Li-Po) and multiply that with the amp hours (Ah) on your battery. Ex: 6S, 5000mAh will be 6S x 3,7V x 5Ah = 111 Wh.

this method is actually not a "measurement" but is the backup evaluation when "power meter" measurements are not provided.

@Psycho'
This evaluation is almost a "well to wheel" evaluation - meaning it does mostly consider what you "pay" (the electric consumption) to what you "get" (an average riding speed) : the complete loop from battery power to speed is, so far, not descretised and remains a "black box". ( so far, the initial guess than the aerodynamic is a non negligible driver between power and speed, has some sens, but is for sure, not a sufficient driver to explain the complete spread, mostly below 25kph)

I have no idea if this will help any, but might as well! :D

My longboard= 6S, 5000mAh, gets exactly 5.01 miles full speed around the block continuously @ 26kph (Just over 16mph)
Motor is warm. ESC is cool, despite me blocking up that annoying whirring cooling fan.

And a rather emberassing 'rubber grinding/chugging' noise when going up steep
(Its running a 280kv, with a 14/40 gearing.)

Back