Battery with 3 pin discharge - how to wire up for 2 pin?

ronniec95

100 mW
Hi
I have a triangle battery from EM3EV purchased many years ago which has 3 pin discharge wires: Neg(black), Pos(red) and white(?) which connected to the controller and then from the controller are 3 phase wires to a geared hub motor.
I've replaced the whole kit with a BBS02 but given the battery is still going strong, I'd like to continue to use it.

Do I just wire up the pos/neg straight to the BBSO2 and terminate the white one - what is the white one anyway?

I don't want to short out any connectors unncessarily.

Hi
I have a triangle battery from EM3EV purchased many years ago which has 3 pin discharge wires: Neg(black), Pos(red) and white(?) which connected to the controller and then from the controller are 3 phase wires to a geared hub motor.
I've replaced the whole kit with a BBS02 but given the battery is still going strong, I'd like to continue to use it.

Do I just wire up the pos/neg straight to the BBSO2 and terminate the white one - what is the white one anyway?

I don't want to short out any connectors unncessarily.
The EM3EV (bluetooth) BMS has a temp sensor, so it may be a temp sensor monitoring wire that a controller might use to roll back power if low or high temp settings are exceeded. I would just leave it disconnected.

The old EM3EV A123 pack I have here has one smaller gauge wire that is for precharge, it has a resistor in series with it. The two larger gauge wires are the actual positive and negative.

Precharge is used to slowly charge up the controller capacitors to extend their lifespan (and that of any other parts in series with the main current path) by minimizing high current surges thru them during battery connection. It also prevents the big spark on connection taht can damage the battery/controller connectors.

Back