• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

BD-36 or crystalyte brushed?

dirty_d

10 kW
anyone have experience with both of these motors? or know a lot about both of them? like technical aspects like speed and torque, or no load speed of the BD-36(crystalyte has theirs on their site) and winding resistance. they are both the same price, so im not sure which one i should get if i decide to go with one of the two.

Based on the ebikes sim and the kinds of speeds I was getting out of a BD36, I'd say it's right between a 405 and a 406. Other than that, I don't know all that much about the brushed C'lytes.

I've never seen the Crystalite Brushed, except on the internet, but If I had it to do all over again, I'd have bought a couple of Crystalites instead of the two BD36s for my 2wheel drive project.

Rumor has it that both the WE and the Crystalite brushed motors are made by the same factory, same basic specs, but the QC on the Crystalites is better... (Check my build thread in the photos and videos section for some of the QC related issues I had with my WEs)......Plus theCrystals come in a doublewalled rim instead of the single wall in the WE.

From what I've seen, when the prices of the CL and the WE are close, the CL doesn't come with a controller or throttle, while the WE does.

What I'd do is buy the brushed Crystalite wheel from whoever has the best deal on them (usually ebikes.ca, but they seem to be out of stock on the brushed) , then buy a YK42 controller and throttle from TNC.

yea thats exactly what i had planned to do, you can make the whole kit yourself a lot cheaper if you look around for the best price for each component.

Yup! Agreed! All 3 of my brushed 36 volt motors say C/L, but I got them from WE a long time ago! Scooter controllers work great and are cheep!
otherDoc

Nowdays the WE brushed hubs say AO-TE- MA on em. But it may still be the same factory.

Back