• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

brushless motor

bentech

10 mW
Hi, i have a brushless motor out of a chevrolet equinox power steering system.
I dont have a controller to do test on it and i'd like to know if theres any way to know some specs
of this motor (watt and Kv) I have do research on the net with the number wright on the motor
but i can't find anything.

any help please !!

Unless you can get the specs from the manufacturer, or test it with a controller, there's no way to get the information you're after.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34713

If the KV is indeed 145 and it's a 12v motor you would be running under 2,000rpm with a 12v battery.

Note BigMoose questioned the shaft on what might be the same or at least a similar motor. 12v, 15a, what could is it really?

Dauntless said:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34713

If the KV is indeed 145 and it's a 12v motor you would be running under 2,000rpm with a 12v battery.

Note BigMoose questioned the shaft on what might be the same or at least a similar motor. 12v, 15a, what could is it really?

this is not the same motor. The one you link in your post is a cobalt power steering motor and its a brushed motor. I work for a chevrolet dealer and i have
about 50 of this motor. I alerady built a bike with this motor and i can cruise at 20 mph on a 8S lipo battery and the motor take it easly. i also try with 2 motors
and i have a top speed of 36 mph on 8S battery. But thoses suckers was pulling 60 amps at this speed.

Thats why i want to try with a brushless motor. So i can run on 16S + lipo

why not use the controller that goes to that motor on the car? you might be able to modify the controller to get more power otherwise you will have to buy a small BLDC controller. not a big motor to begin with so i doubt if it will take much power.

Back