The price list (I believe this is for the soft case):

http://www.coddpower.com/price/pack%20price.pdf

And the only email reply I ever received from them:
HI !

I'm glad you see your MAIL .

48V 20AH LiFePO4 Pack BMS System You can choose the following specifications :

1: Continuous current: 20A, peak current: 40A
1: Continuous current: 30A, peak current: 60A
3: Continuous current: 60A, peak current: 120A (Need to add 35 USD)
4: Continuous current: 100A, peak current: 200A (Need to add 46 USD)

Express to Australia need :160 USD (3-7 Days)

So it's a great deal, if you can make it work. If they don't want to reply when I'm trying to give them money, then I'm not going to try too hard.

Q&A from yaping19992010 on ebay:

Questions:
1. How much for a 36V 15Ah battery pack?

2. What is the continuous discharge rate, and the peak discharge rate, of your batteries?

3. What brand cells and BMS do you use?

4. Can you ship using EMS to Canada?

5. Since you don't accept returns, what happens if the battery pack has some bad cells in it, or if the charger or BMS breaks? Do you replace them free of charge like other suppliers?

Answers:
1:36V 15AH PACK need 275 USD

2:BMS Continuous discharge :30A , Peak current:60A

3:use CODD POWER 18650 1300 mAh Cell and SING BMS System

4: We currently only support cell transport EXPRESS

5:If you find that I sent to your charger or BMS fails, we will be responsible for you to solve!

This guy was sent a defective charger that was replaced:
http://gioebike.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1070

Bump; seem like a real good price and one of the only vendor offering 72v 10ah / 20ah pack at reasonnable price.
60a discharge from both so it should be a123 chemistry
Really thinking of getting one but it's a lot of money if it fail after a month from bad cells... any review since 2011!?!?!?

vodk1c3 said:
Bump; seem like a real good price and one of the only vendor offering 72v 10ah / 20ah pack at reasonnable price.
60a discharge from both so it should be a123 chemistry
Really thinking of getting one but it's a lot of money if it fail after a month from bad cells... any review since 2011!?!?!?

Someone else bought a battery from them several months ago. The battery was crap.

The name of their company couldn't be more appropriate.
Avoid.

Cheeseboy said:
do you have a link to the person's experience?

would be interesting

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36894&p=536295&hilit=+codd+power#p536295

Just put in Codd Power, two words, into the search and you will see plenty of other results.

Thanks, yeah his battery was clearly faulty!

vodk1c3 said:
Thanks, yeah his battery was clearly faulty!
I can't see anything in that above-linked post that says the battery was faulty. Too often on this forum, people are too quick to rubbish stuff just because it's cheap, so they don't look at problems with an open mind. If the guy had had a Ping battery and he asked the same question, I think people would have immediately pointed to his phase connections. All his symptoms (to me) point to there being very high discharge from the battery. And later I think he admitted that he had the wrong phase connections, which would cause voltage drop on any battery. A watt-meter would have given all the information to diagnose his problem, but nobody measured his current from the battery, so I think it's wrong to draw any conclusions about it being faulty.

d8veh said:
I can't see anything in that above-linked post that says the battery was faulty. Too often on this forum, people are too quick to rubbish stuff just because it's cheap, so they don't look at problems with an open mind. If the guy had had a Ping battery and he asked the same question, I think people would have immediately pointed to his phase connections. All his symptoms (to me) point to there being very high discharge from the battery. And later I think he admitted that he had the wrong phase connections, which would cause voltage drop on any battery. A watt-meter would have given all the information to diagnose his problem, but nobody measured his current from the battery, so I think it's wrong to draw any conclusions about it being faulty.

Those batteries were rated at A123 spec which suggests that they are supposed to be A123 cells. 120 C pulse and 70 C continuous so to get that amount of sag at just 2C suggests that they are poorly performing. The controller was rated for 40 amps - the battery 20 amp-hour.

d8veh : yeah that was a fast conclusion; wish we could get more details from the guy who tryed...
70v 10ah @ 470$ shipped is tempting to me... maybe i'll be the second guinea pig... who knows

From sales@lifepo4.in (coddpower???) :
Hello !
We use high discharge rate 26650 CELL production 72V 10AH PACK
Thanks

Coddpower site advertise 2 type of 26650 cell, one witch is low discharge and the other with really high discharge...
Still confuse about what to get for 72v... victpower a123 pouch, bmsbattery (2x36v a123), coddpower (unknown), hobbyking (24s, charging slow/expensive and shorter lifespan than lifepo4)...

Hi guys,

so finally someone ordered something from this company???
Code:
www.lifepo4.in

I really think about to order from them, but can not decide if to do it, ´cause it´s so hard to find some review about them.
So please if there is anybody with experience with them, please give us your feedback. :wink:

Many thanks.

I would suggest not doing it; from the simple and good reason that no one want to repair a 100-200 cells battery if something go wrong. This also multiply the points of failure. I would stay with larger or easily replaceable ones.

Back