CroMotor - Dyno Proven Efficiency Data

Wow.. Impressive!

Luke are the little + and - contact plate on the IGBT designed as a fuse?.. I see a "S" shape on each one..

Doc

Doctorbass said:
Wow.. Impressive!

Luke are the little + and - contact plate on the IGBT designed as a fuse?.. I see a "S" shape on each one..

Doc

It was easy mate, just a few hours of nice clean easy work.
A little fuse element was my guess as well. Toyota was seriously slacking on safety with this rig. No welded contactor detection, and it has no faults if you UNPLUG it's main battery current sensor entirely...

Arlo1 said:
Doug and I did that on his Prius on the weekend :) we could only mod the star/regen part of the inverter for now. :) starts so fast ;)

That's rad. Find the right set of phase current sensors and it should work for you too.

If I'm not mistaken, this type of hardware level hack is unstoppable, and largely undetectable if done right. I'm working on getting a free P85D right now in exchange for creating a pathway to hacking it for higher performance.

liveforphysics said:
If I'm not mistaken, this type of hardware level hack is unstoppable, and largely undetectable if done right. I'm working on getting a free P85D right now in exchange for creating a pathway to hacking it for higher performance.

That's definitivly require your skill and i'm sure you have very good chances of succes Luke!

Then put it on the dyno and push it until we can see some great flammes in the motor :twisted:

Doc

methods said:
I was told by a reliable source that you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Doesn't sound so reliable to me. :lol:

I will of course arrange a visit in the near future. :)
<snip>
That's a long ebike ride and I cant afford the gas.
That's ok, I didnt' expect you to actually do it. ;) (it'd be fun though if it were possible)

So long as you dont take me on a ride like Justin did... (OMFG :shock: )
The man worked me like a slave, fed me rusty bolts, then tried to kill me in the rain in traffic.
[/quote]
No worries--most of the bolts I have left are nice and greasy (and gritty with dog fur too, so there's some protein along with the minerals).

Not much worry about the rain, either...on the rare occasions it happens I try not to be in traffic cuz hardly anyone actually knows how to drive in the stuff--most don't even know what it is, I think. :p

Now, the slave-working...no promises on that part. muhaHaHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:
Doug and I did that on his Prius on the weekend :) we could only mod the star/regen part of the inverter for now. :) starts so fast ;)

That's rad. Find the right set of phase current sensors and it should work for you too.

Sweet..... I think you need my help. :)
But just remember when I hand you a controller for something it will be at its limits already with nothing left on the table!

This is Doug on Sunday he didn't want to put anything over the open inverter and just start grinding to make room for the by pass wire. He was like... "I will just blow it out." LMFAO I know first hand from many many MANY electrical explosions at my shop how crucial it is to keep things clean....
[youtube]CFsRXUA2v8g[/youtube]

That Doug (above) is a savage EV warrior located near Seattle Washington.

I have been to his home and shop.
My family has done business with him on a long term joint project.

His shop is fully equipped for extreme modding. Lifts, tools, guys, you name it.
His garage is packed to the gills with EV projects of every sort (land, air, and sea)

*(I remember typing this same stuff like a year ago lol...)

As far as Lukes comment above RE hacking EV's by spoofing motor and battery current sensors....

Clever this is... yes.
BUT

Please remember all that are involved... that in the future this methodology will not work *well* without highly modified firmware. Nearly all EV's on the market have heuristics running that can detect abnormalities like this. All depends on the particular build you are running. It is inevitable that ECU's will monitor temperature probes, accelerometers, etc. So... always remember...

Be nice to the guys who can get the firmware to play nice with the agro communication protocols that are constantly evolving.
Forget the canned message spoofs of the 1980's... They are only stop-gap capable.

To have the *complete* EV experience in the near future (Think of the economics of Charge Transfer and the accuracy of those measurements... think of the mission criticality of swam vehicles)... it will be necessary for "hacks" to be of the absolute highest fidelity.

The only thing that can stop our Electric Revolution is...
People accusing us of attempting to "steal power"
People accusing us of creating unsafe vehicles (i.e. vehicles that are not grid compliant for auto-pilot)

Lucky for us... I spent about a decade getting ready to support and protect our right to independently manufacture and modify, validate, operate, test, etc.

Point being: Keep hacking as fast as you can but keep your eye on where the ball will land.
(Luke is man who wrecks many cars. Doug is man who drives very aggressively and rarely crashes. Patrick is man who flies in quad copters and submarines)

-methods

methods said:
That Doug (above) is a savage EV warrior located near Seattle Washington.

I have been to his home and shop.
My family has done business with him on a long term joint project.

His shop is fully equipped for extreme modding. Lifts, tools, guys, you name it.
His garage is packed to the gills with EV projects of every sort (land, air, and sea)
-methods
This is Dougs first time on in or around anything electric Doug is the first one in the video then we have the guys from Speed Factory who currently have the world record for fastest street legal civic! And thanks to you methods I built this 18 fet kit!
You were one of the key players in the EV revolution you should be very proud!
[youtube]KCUGjwviiJE[/youtube]

Back