Cyclone 4kw - replace std throttle.

asosol

10 µW
Hi all.
I have a cyclone 4kw kit.. the default throttle hurts my hand, so I want to replace it. The new one has 3 wires only. but the standard has a integrated key and a voltage meter.

Does anyone know how to switch this out? .. should i just connect the wires for they key together, and then attach red for voltage, black for negative and green for throttle?

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That is probably correct, but you should use a voltmeter to verify what voltages are on whch wires for the original throttle and the controller connector (while the controller is turned on by the key), so you can be sure of connecting battery stuff only to battery stuff (since the key wires probably switch battery voltage to the controller's LVPS input), and 5v / signal stuff only to 5v / signal stuff. Accidental crosswiring can cause severe damage to things. :(

Yea you are right. I just replaced the plastic grips for now to see if its better. If not ill have to try it.:) thanks for the comment

FWIW, anything i have to hold in position for long with my hands hurts them, if not while holding them then after I let go, or they go numb and I can't tell if I'm still holding it, so I use the Cycle Analyst v3 to convert a cadence PAS into a speed control for the SB Cruiser heavy-cargo trike (so the faster I pedal the faster I go, up to the 20mph limit).

I do have a metal ATV thumb trhottle (for durability) that pulls a cable-operated throttle, mostly as a kind of go-button to get started in situations I can't start pedalling to get the motor running, or for times when my hands hurt less than my legs do.

In case you go looking for alternatives. ;)

Back