DIY Ebike frame from scrap metal. (Teleport prime 120 clone)

Jacka98

10 W
Im planning to build pretty similar frame to teleport prime 120. Im gona make the battery box littlebit bigger so I can fit my battery. The frame is still in progressee.png

Good start. Make it a mid drive. Use a modern tapered headset. Make it accept big wheels/tires like fat bikes use.
I will put a hub motor because I will take the parts from my old ebike to this new frame. But if this frame works good I think I will build frame with mid drive. It would be better for offroad.

Cooling fins around the hub circumference is... Wonderful design. Where is that unit sourced?

Looks great! Also with the angle of the photo, it looks like the two legs of the wooden table behind it are part of the frame. Had to look twice and wonder why your frame would have been skillfully-welded metal, as well as haphazard wood scrap
Yes the wood table wasn't best background for the frame, it blends pretty good to it :D

I made a little mistake. The bottom bracket tube was little too big, so the threads isn't really good. The bottom bracket does thread good on there, but I don't know if it will hold. I will put some loctite and see if it will hold in place. But if not I might weld it.
Image2.jpgIMG_20240115_212247.jpgImage3.jpg

Your work is outside in the snow?
Yes I work outside. In winter when its cold I can't work too long because my fingers freeze. and lately its been around -20°C to -30°C so the project hasn't progressed very fast.

I made a little mistake. The bottom bracket tube was little too big, so the threads isn't really good. The bottom bracket does thread good on there, but I don't know if it will hold. I will put some loctite and see if it will hold in place. But if not I might weld it.
View attachment 346185View attachment 346186View attachment 346187
I assume you mean the threads only cut a small amount into the tube, so you should have used a smaller tube. What did you use and what would you use next time?
i see the swing arm bearing fits ok, what parts did you use for that? The arm I'm building is very similar and would appreciate any tips.

Yes I work outside. In winter when its cold I can't work too long because my fingers freeze. and lately its been around -20°C to -30°C so the project hasn't progressed very fast.
How long can you work in those temps? How about build a wood stove with ducting to blow warm air on your hands while you work?

How long can you work in those temps? How about build a wood stove with ducting to blow warm air on your hands while you work?
Maybe 30-60min, depending what I'm doing and can I use gloves. Then I need to take little break. That is pretty interesting idea(y)

I assume you mean the threads only cut a small amount into the tube, so you should have used a smaller tube. What did you use and what would you use next time?
i see the swing arm bearing fits ok, what parts did you use for that? The arm I'm building is very similar and would appreciate any tips.
Yes thats what I meant. I used 34.5mm inner diameter tube for the bottom bracket, but 33mm would be probably right size. Bearings fits good and firmly. I have mini metal lathe what I used to make the bearing fittings.

I think that you could also find ready to made bottom bracket so you just need to weld it to the swing arm. And for the bearing you can use bearing housing like these

hfb-housing-bearing-units-500x500-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

This is my kind of Tony Stark build... Eager to see the completed project!
Given the terrain, I would think about going 2WD. Excellent work; best of luck!

Last edited:
This is my kind of Tony Stark build... Eager to see the completed project!
Given the terrain, I would think about going 2WD. Excellent work; best of luck!
Thanks! I'm also excited to see how its going to ride. I like the 2WD idea, but the extra weight to front wouldn't be good.

What's the battery specs and what controller are you using?

Last edited:
Back