Dogmans Spooky Tooth Cycles undead race pics and vids.

dogman dan

1 PW
It will take some time to get it all up, but I'll try to get all the links on the first post or two. you tube is realy slow today. All the stills need resizing.

Teaser.

[youtube]Fl4jbvF3qgA[/youtube]

All I got of the main was half a lap, then the cam card was full.

[youtube]g0Trg999Jqk[/youtube]

Heat race part 1

[youtube]reEUAFVqM0o[/youtube]

Heat race part 2. I finished 4th. With voltage dropping, the guy in the red shirt finally got me.

[youtube]QSDB1i9V1jE[/youtube]

fR 31's first heat video. He had to ride his slow bike when he blew the engine on his morini bike. :cry:
[youtube]wd_AzVm84Dw[/youtube]

Video of practice laps on ebikes.

[youtube]kKRQG8Kbm8Q[/youtube]

Stills in a video. Easier than resizing all of em. Those in the pics can get sent the pics on a disk or email.

[youtube]gjGU4SNobI8[/youtube]

Here is Dave31s main even't...slow bike getting laped...i feel his pain. check out the save the leader(Dqed guy for no glovers i think) makes at 5:45 of the video....that is the limits of traction. & I laughed at Dave's laughing taunts as he limps back by (if only for a second)
[youtube]XmKQDzR_auw[/youtube]
nice riding boys. looked like too much fun.
see you in April.

Looks to be a few purpose built 'race' bikes there, low engine mounting, upside down bars, seats mounted back
to allow a decent tuck tuned pipes etc..

Did anyone catch the lean angle 'ol Amberwolf had Crazybike 2 on?!

Amberwolf_cranked_over.JPG

Check him out! hang the knee out onto the asphalt next time AW...think there is
a racer hiding inside waiting to get out... Poor CB2 must have been shacking like the Starship Enterprise
going through a metor shower as you hammered her round the track mate hehe

KiM

LOL yes, I see Amberwolf leaned near his knee and didn't he crashed. I saw one of snapshot in youtube and he crashed into the gravel land. I mean he lost his front traction while at max lean turn right and crash on the gravel land outside the turn track.

Amberwolf.jpg

AussieJester said:
Did anyone catch the lean angle 'ol Amberwolf had Crazybike 2 on?!
chroot said:
LOL yes, I see Amberwolf leaned near his knee and didn't he crashed. I saw one of snapshot in youtube and he crashed into the gravel land. I mean he lost his front traction while at max lean turn right and crash on the gravel land outside the turn track.
I actually made the turn the next time, but I am not sure if I was going slower or not--I know I leaned further on the next time, because I was still figuring out exactly how far over I could lean and not lose traction. As low and vertically compact as CB2's mass is, I can lean pretty far over apparently. Probably farther than I already was. :)

If I had not touched the gravel I would've made that turn, and if I had leaned a touch farther early enough in the turn I wouldn't've been far enough out to hit the gravel. :lol:

I'm so used to having the cargo pods on there, which essentially prevent any kind of sharp turn at all, hardly any leaning, that I had a hard time figuring out how far over was safe. :roll: Plus I have never ridden at those speeds except in a straight line, usually down a hill, and that pretty dang rarely. :lol:

Check him out! hang the knee out onto the asphalt next time AW...think there is
a racer hiding inside waiting to get out... Poor CB2 must have been shacking like the Starship Enterprise
going through a metor shower as you hammered her round the track mate hehe
Actually, it didn't--I was surprised becuase I kept expecting the front wheel to come out of the dropouts or something else to fall off, but the only stuff that broke was in that crash. :lol: Even that was minimal--the HID lens fell out of the CFL headlight cups, and the righthand front turn signal got pulled off, along with the front reflector (held only by zip ties, so not surprising). Oh, and the brake arms were apparently misaligned after that becuase my second off-track occurence (but not a crash, fortunately) happened when I was making that other tight corner and needed to slow down, but the brake on the left side dived under the rim, and then niether motor nor brakes worked and I had to just let it go straight into the gravel, staying straight upright, feet out flintstones style to drag to a stop (for more than 15 feet I'd guess).

As for the knee-out thing...why exactly do people need to do that, anyway? When I was leaning ti felt "better" if that makes sense when I pulled myself closer to the bike on both sides. I didn't try putting knees out at all, so I'm not sure how that would have felt.

I'm not sure there is a racer waiting to get out, but I definitely like doing it, I just don't think I have the reaction times needed for really fast stuff with other people on the track...we'll see about that next time around, though. For now, I'm having a hard time not pegging the throttle on the road during my commute now. ;) 20MPH just doesn't seem fast anymore!

amberwolf said:
As for the knee-out thing...why exactly do people need to do that, anyway? When I was leaning ti felt "better" if that makes sense when I pulled myself closer to the bike on both sides. I didn't try putting knees out at all, so I'm not sure how that would have felt.

Its actually just part of the deal that comes with body positioning on a bike when performance riding AW...the dragging of the knee comes about when the body is positioned forward and to the side of the bike (to the side your turning) the knee is partly used as used as a 'feeler gauge' of sorts to judge your lean angle, hanging off the bike and using the knee allows to keep the bike more upright and maximize the surface area of the tire in contact with the ground, in short, it allows you to corner faster.... I have also seen riders lose traction on the front end of the bike in a turn and literally 'pick the bike up' with their knee saving it from a certain fall. Its not necessary to drag your knee to corner fast, and i wouldn't recommend trying it on any roads either unless you know them well hitting a bump or dragging your knee through a pot hole it tickles a lil...You should also have 'knee sliders' on your knees so your 'pants' dont catch..

KiM

Impossible not to love AmberWolf.

Great racing Dogman! You did us all proud!

No kidding. It was great to meet him and the others in person. I was slow to turn around to look for him, thinking he was half a lap back, then heard the crash and only caught the dust cloud on the vid. He was keeping up easily with my demo bike, that goes 27 mph. He just got the front wheel in the dirt. Very common on turn 2 and the last turn. Awesome to see him leaning it like that on the first laps on the track!

He offered me a lap or two on CB, but I was so tired by then I reallly needed to recharge for the racing. The racing is fun, but really 75% who attend are very happy to just do some laps durning the practice sessions. Fun as hell at any speed you are comfy at.

So Sauty had a watermelon eating grin on his face all day, after some laps on the pocket bikes. Gotta do some laps on one, or the Zero on another trip.

The knee thing is all about getting some more weight on the inside of the bike. Grand prix riders shift the entire ass over there. I find that is kinda hard to shift the ass much on regular bike seats. CB is so low already, it's an obvious advantage.

Evoforce kicked some ass too! Let us not forget he took 4th place in the main on his daily commuter, which btw had knobby dirt tires on! Awesome!

Since I dnf'd Evoforce is now the unlimited electric bike National Champion!

Wait till he gets the fast bike really finished!

Awesome!

AussieJester said:
Its actually just part of the deal that comes with body positioning on a bike when performance riding AW...the dragging of the knee comes about when the body is positioned forward and to the side of the bike (to the side your turning)
Ah....well, since I'm leaning *back* for aero rather than forward, there's not a "need" or apparently a natural moving of the knee toward the track; I seem to be moving opposite that kind of positioning because of my recumbent setup.

I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I tried forcing my knee out or not (I would also have to modify the seat so that the front lower tube of it does not protrude where it does now, as that will prevent knee-out at some leg/crank positions).

Once I get back with Evoforce and get my leg guards back (I accidentally left them in the trailer when I separated from the rest of the group at the Mesa-end of the light rail for the rest of my trip home), I will experiment with this, if I cna find a good safe empty place to try turns at speeds high enough to be able to lean hard over on.

the knee is partly used as used as a 'feeler gauge' of sorts to judge your lean angle, hanging off the bike and using the knee allows to keep the bike more upright and maximize the surface area of the tire in contact with the ground, in short, it allows you to corner faster....
Ah. Makes sense. Although I will need to cover the leather knee pad portion with slick plastic (like from an elbow pad or something) to make a skid-plate, so the leather doesn't grab and rip off or worse twist the pad around. (it's already torn on the rigth knee from my slide :lol:).

I have also seen riders lose traction on the front end of the bike in a turn and literally 'pick the bike up' with their knee saving it from a certain fall.
As heavy as CrazyBike2 is, and as weak as I am, I do not think I could actually provide enough strength to do that, but it is worth a shot. Another problem is that I am so low on the bike that I think my knee is below the point at which I can use it as a fulcrum to drive the bike upwards, and would instead end up helping the already-lifting wheel to lift more. :(

Its not necessary to drag your knee to corner fast, and i wouldn't recommend trying it on any roads either unless you know them well hitting a bump or dragging your knee through a pot hole it tickles a lil...You should also have 'knee sliders' on your knees so your 'pants' dont catch..
"Tickles"...:lol: That's the kind of tickle I think I'd like to avoid. :p

dogman said:
Awesome to see him leaning it like that on the first laps on the track!
Well, there wasn't really any way I could turn hard enough if I didn't, although it was danged spooky the first time I leaned over because I was expecting to dig the cargo pod (even though it was not on there at the time) into the track and spin the bike on the front corner of it. :) I've done that a couple of times on the road trying to make a corner without slowing down back when I first put them on there sometime last year. :lol: I kept trying to force myself to lean it over further and further each time I cornered; it's really hard to do because everything in me says NOT to do that. :)

He offered me a lap or two on CB, but I was so tired by then I reallly needed to recharge for the racing.
So far I've only gotten three people to ever even sit on CB2, and only two of them to actually ride it; both of them pretty much only straight up and down the street, kind of afraid to steer it since it's non-1:1 steering ratio does take some getting used to. I really wanna see other people on it that actually know how to handle a bike at speed; hopefully that'll happen before I wreck it doing some experiment. ;)

The racing is fun, but really 75% who attend are very happy to just do some laps durning the practice sessions. Fun as hell at any speed you are comfy at.
OH, yes, indeed. :D

The knee thing is all about getting some more weight on the inside of the bike. Grand prix riders shift the entire ass over there. I find that is kinda hard to shift the ass much on regular bike seats. CB is so low already, it's an obvious advantage.
Hmm. As far out as I am able to lean on it, I wonder if I could simply pull myself up off the seat a little with the bars to further get weight out towards the inside of the curve? Another experiment to try if I can find a place safe enough to do this stuff here in Phoenix.

Wait till he gets the fast bike really finished!
As long as he doesn't let me near his spokes and tires he'll be ok. :lol:

Freakin' good show guys, it was really cool to see you and CB2 out there AW. That is a proud thing being able to corner that sucker at that kind of speed! I am impressed it hit speeds that high, I had no idea it was capable of that. Anyways, kudos on getting up after the crash too.

AJ you need to get your arse over here and I'll get down there too next year! (Ha ha...we'll see... with school I barely have time to get drunk off my ass) :lol:

dequinox said:
AJ you need to get your arse over here and I'll get down there too next year! (Ha ha...we'll see... with school I barely have time to get drunk off my ass) :lol:

Yes i would love to get over there perhaps for the e-bike challenge if it ever happens? Unfortunately my prediction of the World Challenge
thread resulting in nothing more than a few dozen pages of great ideas/suggestions and talk before discussion died along with the thread.

Definitely wouldnt mind getting over Michigan way to a show a certain Thudster how to fish proper in them Lakes
and give him a few archery lessons while i am atz it :p before popping up into Seattle to stir a certain hairdresser car
driving racer in person :p on my way to the Great White North to see ol FrankG on hisfarm...Maybe one day i will get
there, i started playing Powerball (Lotto) "one powerball and im outta here" :mrgreen:

KiM

Great stuff, good to hear all did well ish, I would never thought CB2 would see a race track let alone race,
well done all

Dang, i really need to get down to AZ and try this, only a 9 hr drive from here :roll: :lol: .

Here is a few photos posted by Spooky Tooth Cycles on FB

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=248472&id=68268739499

The one by himself in pic # 30? No, I don't know who he is, but i remember seeing him there.

I notice they got a couple really good pics of my crash/slide in there. :lol:

Really good pics. Thanks for the link, you can download em in high resolution too! Nice. Can't make my mind up which one to make my new background.

The guy in the pic with the go pro seems to not be posting on You tube, too bad, but some don't. He's the guy I bumped the rear wheel of in the heat race in the 3rd or 4th corner of lap one. Then later in the vid, I think he's the guy there off in the dirt on the 2nd corner. Corner 2 is a bear, and often where guys swing wide into the dirt. I've been wondering if he tangled with others and crashed, or just gets suprised by turn 2. In the pic it looks like he leans all wrong but perhaps just got caught in that moment when you lean over to the next corner. So he's just starting to lean to the other side in the pic.

He does get it leaned a long way over for bike tires, so maybe he slides out? He sure does ride agressive, that's for sure!

did you add the vids at the top of the thread? seem like there are more there now...

i was recently taking a turn at high speed. thought of this race. takes balls to go low! my hats off.

yeah, that wipe, amber... looks like an ouchie.

Yeah, I was watching them try to get it started in the lineup. Too bad. I was using too small a card, and only got lap 1 of the main when it got full. So I know the feeling.

Back