Double Battery Chinese EBIKE

Hey guys, what do you think about this double Battery e-bike? seems great for long distances.

Link: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-new-model-electric-bike-dirt_60236787338.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.7xfhUs

Bad design choice from the factory. Unnecessarily adding weight into the wheel makes it slower. They could have designed a larger battery pack to fit into the triangle which would have been okay, though 350W on a fatbike is going to be disappointing either way.

So it is added complexity for zero gain, except to be able to say 'dual battery' which is a marketing gimmick. As if 18ah total capacity in a 36v is impressive on a fatbike.

Maybe this will sucker in a few gullible people but I bet it will fade away into obscurity.

Nice idea for a sorta stealthy bike. Until they added the battery in the triangle. Now just a fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminus said:
Bad design choice from the factory. Unnecessarily adding weight into the wheel makes it slower. They could have designed a larger battery pack to fit into the triangle which would have been okay, though 350W on a fatbike is going to be disappointing either way.

So it is added complexity for zero gain, except to be able to say 'dual battery' which is a marketing gimmick. As if 18ah total capacity in a 36v is impressive on a fatbike.

Maybe this will sucker in a few gullible people but I bet it will fade away into obscurity.

Well, what if it's a 48v 14ah + 4-5ah(wheel) with a BBSHD motor

Slightly better I guess. Integrating battery into the wheel of a production ebike still makes no sense though. This battery is basically the same voltage and capacity, and would probably fit right into the triangle. No need for adding rotating mass to the wheel, or extra wiring, or using a custom hub that holds batteries, or any of the other points of unnecessarily complicating the electrical system. The bike might even be popular if they built a large hardcase shell into the fatbike triangle for a big battery like this and had a BBSHD.

Back