E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Rodney64 said:
What's the difference between a 4060 and 4065?
I've heard of both or are they both the same but incorrectly labelled.

HPC cycles has a custom wound 40xx for them exclusively, even though I don't think sales from Crystalyte would restrict only to HPC. This is what I learned. The 3525 has a 6 turn stator. I found this on ES. I am thinking the 4080 is a 4 turn, and the 4065 is a 5 turn. I think the 4060 is actually a 6 turn stator and rated on a 90 volt scale instead of 72 volts. I have not confirmed any of this yet. I think there is a language barrier between Kenny and I with emailed questions. I actually started asking this quiestion because Korpin said HPC has motor optimally wound for 100+ volts. I asked Korpin if HPC had a new motor w/ 6 turn stator. He never answered that question. By deduction, Korpin with 117 volts hot off the charger is running mid/upper 40s for top speed, so a 6 turn stator would be about 40MPH on the 90 volt HPC battery. Like I said before, haven't confirmed any of this.

Rick

Rix said:
Nice Matt, Phasor looks great with the 19 MC on the rear and 26MTB on the front. Were those spokes you got from me the correct length, or slightly long?.

Rick

The spokes were fine in length. The holes in the rim were too small for the nipples though. Nothing a little sanding cant fix though. Thanks Rix.

jesset33 said:
If only duro still had the 26:3.00 tire

I know. I bought some from an ebay vendor who is not around anymore and they are not sold anywhere else?

jesset33 said:
If I find some I'm buying them
http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/duro-wildlife-leopard-tire.html

I found this and it has identical tread as the razorback but it's $25 more then the eBay seller was going for a year ago. I'm probably going to buy this because the front tread of the razorback lasted a while. There is also kenda flame but I want knobbies that match my rear knobby motorcycle tires. http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/kenda-flame-26-x-3-0-tire.html

mattrb said:
jesset33 said:
If I find some I'm buying them
http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/duro-wildlife-leopard-tire.html

I found this and it has identical tread as the razorback but it's $25 more then the eBay seller was going for a year ago. I'm probably going to buy this because the front tread of the razorback lasted a while. There is also kenda flame but I want knobbies that match my rear knobby motorcycle tires. http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/kenda-flame-26-x-3-0-tire.html

Yah, even at that price, its not bad as they will last well over 1000miles on the front.

jesset33 said:
Well I'm buying 3
1 for the front 2 for the rear as they cop the abuse :D

Let's see how long a actively cooled 9c last running at 4.5kw :D

I think your 9C will impress you with is durability. Back in the day, Hyena ran a 9C for what seemed forever with 5kw flowing through it, and it never burned up on him.

mattrb said:
I went out riding last night. Saw a fox at the beach downtown, it ran from my light. Then I saw a little kitten and it ran in some bushes. I need to change out my front 26x3 Razorbacks soon, the tread is getting to 20%.

hey what kinda chain is that?..looks pretty heavy duty....I saw a bike just like yours at HPC a few weeks ago

how do you guys with cromotors fit a disc in there?

I've got a phasor that was built for cromotor spacing, but when I try and fit both a 16t cog and a brake disc, I run out of room. It looks like there would be room to thread the 16 cog on further but the mechanism that allows you to use the tool to back out the cog means it sticks out a little far. (ie there is a point where you cant thread it further onto the cromotor).

I can almost get it to fit, but then I'd need to make a custom spacer to get the calipers to mount. In this pic it looks like it fits but the motor isn't sitting all the way down the dropouts. because the swingarm tapers slightly, as I push the wheel into place the disc hits the swingarm.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,374
kind of. it came on the motor so I didn't think I was supposed to pull it out, but it also looks like its an adapter so that a mtb disc's holes will line up for screwing in to the motor.

maybe I'll pull it off and see if there are still the threads for attaching the disc

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,375
wingsuit said:
kind of. it came on the motor so I didn't think I was supposed to pull it out, but it also looks like its an adapter so that a mtb disc's holes will line up for screwing in to the motor.

maybe I'll pull it off and see if there are still the threads for attaching the disc

I don't have experience with the Cromotor, but it looks like you could pop that spacer off, and if there are holes tapped into the side cover, get some shorter screws. The concern I would have could be that there would be enough clearance in the space between the disk and cover for the caliper to fit in over the disk. That space looks to be at least 6mm thick, maybe a 2.6mm spacer like this one could give you the clearance needed between the disk and swing arm.

Rick

Attachments

• spacer.png
    spacer.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,377
I had the same Problem...
Read about my topic... You will Find pics what i have done to bring it in the right way...
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61429

... (i shorted the "spacer" u mean about 3mm)

Looks like there will be another option for hubmotors coming out from Crystalyte. The TC40xx series seems the most promising for power, speed, and lightish weight when compared to the Cromo and 54xx. The difference is the flange will use standard spokes, which as we all know, can be laced to MC rims. Cross posted on other threads.

Rick

Attachments

• TC 30xx  TC40xx.jpg
    TC 30xx TC40xx.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,278
  • TC35x.jpg
    TC35x.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,278
  • TC40 Dimensions.pdf
    484.9 KB · Views: 55
moscow rocket
cromotor + max-controller + 20s6p lipo = 91kph