E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Mammalian04 said:
devman said:
moscow rocket
cromotor + max-controller + 20s6p lipo = 75mph

Very cool looking bike. What kind of rear wheel is that? What size?

Aluminium Rim DHL 100 24 inch
+
MONSTER TIRE 24 X 4 1/4 INCH STREET HOG II

ordered from classic-cycle.de

Allex said:
devman said:
moscow rocket

Nah, so you really took it to the 120km/h? Maybe you meant 90km/h? :)

yes you're right 91.5 kph . but its normal mode:)
on the weekends try boost mode!

devman said:
moscow rocket
cromotor + max-controller + 20s6p lipo = 91kph

Very awesome and unique Phasor Build. That rear is a biggin for sure. The color is awesom with the aluminum frame covers.

devman said:
Allex said:
devman said:
moscow rocket

Nah, so you really took it to the 120km/h? Maybe you meant 90km/h? :)

yes you're right 91.5 kph . but its normal mode:)
on the weekends try boost mode!

Yeah 91.5, that's because Normal mode is limited to that speed. How much amps do you use in Boost mode?

Rodney64 said:
Just rode Phasor up to the pub with the new 24 fet controller

-how was your sinwave 18Fet controller?
-do you have some more pics also from the inside from the controller?

BR
ecross

ecross said:
Rodney64 said:

BR
ecross

Buon domanda Ecross, yah Rod, whats the scoop with the Sinwave? Is it the cats meow?

Rix said:
ecross said:
Rodney64 said:

BR
ecross

Buon domanda Ecross, yah Rod, whats the scoop with the Sinwave? Is it the cats meow?
I haven't tried it yet but maybe this weekend. I've changed all the connectors over to bullets so it should be just a matter of unpluging the 24 fet for a test.

battery mockup today.

I'm trying to squeeze 12 lifepo4 bricks into the frame. its gonna be a tight damn fit, but I think I can do it. should give me a 80ish volt 13.5ah pack that weighs 24lbs (ouch) but hopefully is less likely to burn down my house or work, and only cost about 1000$.

I've actually got 3 battery options
1: is a 74v 13 ah li-nmc pack from hpc for 1600$ (but only weighs like 13lbs) down side is it wont last as long as the lifepo

2: have em3 build me a custom pack when the 25r cells come in. again hopeing for a 80v 13ah size pack. probably similar price to option 3.

3. go with the lifepo4 bricks I mocked up today. gives the bonus of using the bms from the adapto, which looks like it has neat features. downside is im scared to deal with hobbyking for that big of an order. heard horror stories. that and its going to be a rast nest and a lot of soldering to get the packs together and working with the bms.

any ideas?

Attachments

• battery_mockup.jpg
    battery_mockup.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,891
I would def. go for number two :)
file.php

I you go with the 25R cells, should get a bit more than 13ah in that. I figured I could get around 30ah worth of cells with peak voltage in the 50-58 range in my fighter. Hyena figured he could have a 74 volt 24ah pack for his the Fighter if I recall correctly.

the trick is the triangle shape of the opening on the phasor frame. to pass a battery through that shape I think I get a higher power pack because I can put the bricks through the opening one by one and fit into the crannies of the frame.

one large pack by em3ev I think is actually going to be less power (I'm contact em3ev to check my options

mocked up a battery based on the 25r cell. email is in to em3ev to see if its possible.

if my math is right I can fit a

19s 6p
nominal charge 68.4v 15ah
fully charged 79.8v 15ah

which with wrapping and wires should be in the 17.5lb range

Attachments

• custom_pack.jpg
    custom_pack.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,879
If the packs only 85 wide it may be capable of being higher as the bottom drops in first so will slide down. I did some cardboard engineering prior to making my packs. As you know the width then its all a matter of trial and error.

yeah I spent the day doing cardboard cutouts.

I've messed around with the spacing and if they can be packed this tight I've managed to get a 20s7p pack with what looks like room to spare.

that or I did a version that was 22s6p but its starting to get into danger voltage for the mini-e controller.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/oagacnnw6lwwhft/AABsbDWmE8keqAxdnBDjNovva

Question guys. Starting to get my bike together but still taking my time so I do it right. I bought a stem then realized I could use a direct mount so going to purchase one of those
as I like the look better.

The question I have now is about my head tube. It seems tall. I assume that id not want to move the lower crown , but not 100% as i have never dealt with it before or is my only option
to cut the steer tube ?

Yea I know my desk is a mess :0 need to clean up the ole garage.

dpearce said:
6 Limited edition shifting powdercoat colors now available

These look amazing, thanks for the update David.

Rodney64 said:
Phasor wheelie my white phasor.

I wish I could do this, I've got scrawny arms and I'm guessing that I'd drop the bike. I've already wiped out and dropped the phasor at 7-9mph on a turn with light sand over gravel with shinko/razorback setup.

Back