E.S. Quotable Quotes !

Liveforphysics wrote this gem of test-based knowledge that can save a few of us a bunch of money:

"All the Astro's being used on ebikes are a mistake IMHO. I used to believe. Lots of time dyno'ing various electric motors and building race bikes and burning up motors and re-winding and burning up motors has lead me to believe you're simply never going to get reliable high performance from a motor in a small package, unless your application is driving a prop at a near constant speed right in its efficiency zone"

liveforphysics said:
I don't exceed 190mph on every ride, maybe every 5th ride, because most days 170-ish is satisfying enough. I avoid riding in the rain because rain hurts a lot at high speeds, even through riding gear, and I run dry condition slicks on the street.
:shock:

Jozzer said:
liveforphysics said:
The only path to ensure failure in the EV battery industry is to pick a chemistry and stick with it.
Better yet - pick a chemistry, stick with it - then refuse to sell your product to 80% of enquirers because you are scared they will build bad packs and start fires - then build some bad packs yourselves and start your own fires!

Posted in a thead titled: Which bicycle can comfortably and confidently handle 35mph?

dickselectrictoys said:
yur talking my same interest." first of all...the bearings/front & rear, have to be heavy duty/heat bearing/not let available for bicycles that can handle 20 to 35 mph. very unsafe in that respect, (as they will explode after long runs, so immagine what will happen if ur the rider." second of all, at 15 mph its very hard to stop....try 25,..i did-just to see...u do not stop, just slide forward, destroying the tires, generally goofing the brakes up & balancing. :roll:
Bad brakes, and destroyed tires, and exploding bearings... Oh My!

texaspyro said:
I have developed a new lithium iron chemistry that gets over 10,000 cycles at 75 degrees C, 1000 Wh/kg. It's LiFePO4-UT (unicorn tears). Will be released just as soon as the genetic engineering is complete. Plus unicorn meat is delicious and the horns are a superb aphrodisiac! :twisted:

:lol:

dnmun wrote:
maybe one of the experts assigned to monitor me will offer more correct advice.

Ypedal said:
ALSO, WRITING IN UPPER CASE MEANS YOU ARE SHOUTING ON INTERNET FORUMS...... WE ARE NERDS. NOT DEAF.

voicecoils said:
In the future of electric racing scrutineering, they'll eye your bike suspiciously and just hand you a roll of kapton tape...
:D

Philistine said:
Regular readers of this forum may be shocked to learn that in addition to this forum, my other main interest (forum wise), are those dedicated to libertine sexual practices. It occured to me after reading the OP, that if the administrators of ES could just allow "stealth bomber" and "glory hole" to be perfectly interchangable words in the forum, all my forums could be amalgamated into one, and still be pretty much meaningful.
:shock:

Drunkskunk said:
Kingfish said:
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."
- Piter de Vries

It is by skill alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Lipo that wheels aquire speed, the shorts aquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by skill alone i set my bike in motion.
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=41120

This how I kinda feel -

Courtesy - Hillhater - "...hammer in one hand , Multimeter in the other !"

The joint faculty meeting of MECHANICAL and ELECTRICAL disciplines on a single seat - EBIKE!

Philistine said:
Seeking Guidance from the Electric Priesthood...

Kingfish said:
Reverent and quotable :wink:

I have this visual of hooded EV druids worshiping around large monolithic lipo blocks, waiting for the sun to charge, waiting for the moon to illuminate, humming one word during the celestial equinox: “Ohmmmmm”

I bow in your general direction…
Brother KF

from the Fingers on a thread about the summer Olympics and the sport of fencing:

The only fencing I've done was hogwire, chickenwire and barbed wire. That's how I earned my Phd. (Post hole digger) :lol:

Found in JRH's wheelbuild thread:

oatnet said:
damcard said:
John informed me via email that his oversized nipples will fit the .280" diameter holes in my rim. :)

Wow, I've seen pictures of John, but he had a shirt on so I thought his nipples were normal-sized. :shock:

Back