E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Just placed my order for a new bomber! I decided to fly down to melbourne to test ride both models, what can I say.... Both of the bikes are awesome but I went with the higher output bomber.

Now the long wait unfortunately.... :(

Heh.. nice to see that there's a bigger version of mine about to hit the streets..
Justtoby said:
Mine is called "safety yellow" but that's just stealths name for it, the colour is the same as the fighter that is doing the rounds. Mine will have carbon inserts in the frame like the fighter.

The demo Fighter of mine gets to claim the 1st yellow stealth though :wink: . As Fighter #21, it really is a coming-of-age for the bikes. I'd asked John to do mine in yellow to give a higher contrast, highly visible presence, which was also going to match up with my older EthosFR7 and Kombi. It also matched older pedigree Suzukis that I'd grown up riding - PE175/250s, RM370 etc..

Nice to see how much exposure it's been getting on the USA site as a background image. I expect to see the yellow fever spread...

I went the black option with the Carbon inserts, can't help it I'd rather be understated and stealth. I will also be receiving one of the new frames which are looking similar to the new fighter frames.

QuietRush said:
Heh.. nice to see that there's a bigger version of mine about to hit the streets..
Justtoby said:
Mine is called "safety yellow" but that's just stealths name for it, the colour is the same as the fighter that is doing the rounds. Mine will have carbon inserts in the frame like the fighter.

The demo Fighter of mine gets to claim the 1st yellow stealth though :wink: . As Fighter #21, it really is a coming-of-age for the bikes. I'd asked John to do mine in yellow to give a higher contrast, highly visible presence, which was also going to match up with my older EthosFR7 and Kombi. It also matched older pedigree Suzukis that I'd grown up riding - PE175/250s, RM370 etc..

Nice to see how much exposure it's been getting on the USA site as a background image. I expect to see the yellow fever spread...

It was obviously yours that inspired me, I had a Suzuki crossed too as a kid, RMs and TS.

Mine also has the cut out in the gusset below the seat, I did this purely to give me something in the frame that I can pass a lock through to tie the fram in to the wheels when I lock it up.

New vid is up
[youtube]t3KiH_oTSZ0[/youtube]
Its a bit mellow ;) My brother inlaw kindly offered to hold the camera, we might be able to shoot a better one later on.

The original footage is in HD and looks crisp on PC, there's a lot of quality lost during the upload.

Nice video and nice editing. What I really like about this video is that it shows you can have a heap of fun in a quite public area and still not disturb anyone. People talk about how un-bike like a Bomber looks but looking at that, it sure doesnt look like someone is riding a moto around even with the fullface helmet on.

Keep the Vids coming full-throttle 8)

Nice, but lets see some footage of some air like in your avatar :p

I need a camera man to come riding with me, it's difficult to get good footage on your own!

Kepler said:
Keep the Vids coming full-throttle 8)

+1
Great to see some home stealth vids, thx FT, more please!!

D

Thanks for the latest video uploads, although we need more :) I have allot of time to kill while i wait for my bomber i need images and vids for my Stealth fix!

Also just ordered a HD helmet cam so will be posting lots of rides once everything arrives.

Thanks guys!

I honestly think the video is a bit lame, we were just messing around with the camera angles to see what works and what doesn't. Originally I was not going to post anything, but then started editing the clips and.. well there it is. Thought it captured pretty well a typical lazy, getting-to-know the bike, Sun morning ride - believe it or not its a winter day in Melbourne and it was snowing down to 500m just a few days before!

I like to show it from a MTBker perspective: these bikes are very different and take some time to get used to. They swallow jumps, don't hang in the air as much and are harder to x-up. Jumps got to be taken with speed. Same goes for logs - I can't bunnyhop a bike that is more than half of my own weigh. Small (curb sized) ones can be wheeled over (just lean back) but the bigger ones require a change in technique. On the other hand they are more stable than MTBs. Riding a normal bike afterwards feels like its going to slide out from underneath any moment. Powering the bike through a corner is also addictive. And obviously they ride uphill.

It would prob all make more sense for someone with experience with dirt/trail bikes.

i personally would like to see it going up stairs. I think you would need a a small run up but also not to much to hit the first step and egg the rim

Here's one I shot this afternoon...I know I need to get more creative with the camera angles and find some big jumps around here :shock:

Edit: removed to make room

Thank you both for taking the time for making and posting the vids, it is now even more painful waiting for mine. Do you just live in Melbourne or do either of you work for the factory?

Justtoby said:
Thank you both for taking the time for making and posting the vids, it is now even more painful waiting for mine. Do you just live in Melbourne or do either of you work for the factory?

I'm a New South Welshman but I have visited Stealth HQ in Melbourne and rode the bikes around Lysterfield.

I live in Melbourne, work for a biomed company ~10min away from Stealth.

Wasn't aware of them until Mark_A_W told me. I do visit the factory time to time: have a look what's new, test ride the latest, have a chat..

full-throttle said:
I live in Melbourne, work for a biomed company ~10min away from Stealth.

Wasn't aware of them until Mark_A_W told me. I do visit the factory time to time: have a look what's new, test ride the latest, have a chat..

How many workers does John have pumping these things out? I get the impression that until recently it was almost a one man show. With the popularity of them taking off (reaching international markets - including potentially the US military), and some long production lead-times he must be certainly thinking about expansion.....? whats the goss?

John has one full time worker and a part time TIG welder. I certainly envisage expansion in the very near future. Like full-throttle, I work close by and probably drop in once a week to see whats going on. Always has something cool to show.

Kepler said:
John has one full time worker and a part time TIG welder. I certainly envisage expansion in the very near future. Like full-throttle, I work close by and probably drop in once a week to see whats going on. Always has something cool to show.

I bet it is cool to see the creations being built....

Next time you are there please give them a nudge to get mine built, if you see any of mine being built then I would love some pics.

I'm also waiting for one and have asked if they could or get the time to take a few pictures of the build. Would love to see my new toy getting put together! :D

A while ago I wrote about being chased by an afghan dog on the trails.. Well, turns out to be it wasn't an afghan, it was a wolfhound.

Are they friendly too??

full-throttle said:
A while ago I wrote about being chased by an afghan dog on the trails.. Well, turns out to be it wasn't an afghan, it was a wolfhound.

Are they friendly too??

:lol: Nice beasts, they're mostly friendly or stand-offish at worst...biggest threat is their massive body becoming an obstacle. Then again, having a large dog chasing you isn't usually a good thing depending on their level of anger. I've had all manner of breeds chase me, Fast angry Dobermans can't keep up....maybe a Greyhound could...for a while.

full-throttle said:

Are they friendly too??
You're lucky it wasn't a Hyena-hound, then you might have been in a bit of strife :p :mrgreen:

It must be the frequency of the motors that upsets dogs. I don't know the breed but there's a couple that walk this small horse of a dog near where I live and it almost drags them to the ground every time I fly past, which unfortunately for them is often :lol:

Back