E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hi

Yes I have had a pot across my throttle for a long time now, mainly to give my wrist a break trying to hold minimum throttle on long rides however doing this wont limit the current and hence the power so for legal reasons you cant use this mod to make your bike legal, you must actually limit the current which is possible on the old school xlyte controller using Fechters mod, which I have done and it works very well however it does make the low speed control a bit rough, but it does limit the current.

Limiting the throttle with a pot will always mean that you get a huge dead spot on the twist until you get the last sweep of the potential, its an easy mod to carry out though and doesnt affect your warranty on the controller.

I have the rather ingenious experimental remote, now discontinued I believe. It limits amps with no overshoot at full throttle.

bandaro said:
Kepler said:
I have a similar mod but I use a potentiometer that intercepts the throttle signal and limits the V-out from the throttle signal. I find this gives a smother throttle response then via the CA as there is no feed back loop to deal with. Minimum setting on the pot gives about 200W input on flat ground so basically the AUST legal limit. This is a very basic mod but is surprisingly effective. The only down side I have is the throttle is a bit dead for the first half of its rotation when set at low power levels.

So a pot between the servo tester and an rc esc would have the same effect? or will it need to be from the hall throttle? I always forget what ones varies the voltage... wiring in a pot and putting it down/up will give me 0-100% throttle right? thats a brilliant idea.. It would be best to find the smallest voltage range pot that will fit the voltages right? allow more flexibility in variation?

If this works kepler, you are a genius.

If you we using an RC setup with a 5K pot and servo tester, this should do the job.
Throttle limit circuit.JPG

On a Hall throttle setup, this works quite well and is how mine is setup. As mentioned, the throttle is a bit dead on the first half of the rotation but still is a very effective speed limiter. Its about as basic as it comes though.
Throttle limit circuit Hall.JPG

knoxie said:
Hi

Yes I have had a pot across my throttle for a long time now, mainly to give my wrist a break trying to hold minimum throttle on long rides however doing this wont limit the current and hence the power so for legal reasons you cant use this mod to make your bike legal, you must actually limit the current which is possible on the old school xlyte controller using Fechters mod, which I have done and it works very well however it does make the low speed control a bit rough, but it does limit the current.

Limiting the throttle with a pot will always mean that you get a huge dead spot on the twist until you get the last sweep of the potential, its an easy mod to carry out though and doesnt affect your warranty on the controller.

I think this dead area could be improved by using a non linear pot. Something to have a bit of an experiment with.

Yes, it wont make the bike legal as far a power output goes but you would never know the difference unless you were one of us. When I set it on the lowest setting, I get 200W on flat ground and a max of 400W going up steep hills. The fact that the added load naturally increases current draw works out to be a good thing as far as the riding experience is concerned as 200W up a hill on Bomber is completely useless.

I have tested a few commercial 200W Aust legal bikes. Every one of these bikes ends up pulling more like 400 to 500W under load too.

Yes

I mean at the end of the day cops dont have watt meter on them although over here they will confiscate bikes and scooters, the problem comes if you hit someone or hurt someone, still its very hard to prove you had been using the motor, I dont think anyone in the UK has ever been prosecuted with an Ebike...yet :lol: I do think folks will in time though esp as people keep posting high speed vids of them in action encouraging people to uprate them and ride them fast ( I would never do such a thing :lol: )

knoxie said:
Yes

I mean at the end of the day cops dont have watt meter on them although over here they will confiscate bikes and scooters, the problem comes if you hit someone or hurt someone, still its very hard to prove you had been using the motor, I dont think anyone in the UK has ever been prosecuted with an Ebike...yet :lol: I do think folks will in time though esp as people keep posting high speed vids of them in action encouraging people to uprate them and ride them fast ( I would never do such a thing :lol: )

To be fair, where I live in Surrey /Hants UK I tend to never see a policeman unless they are sitting in a radar speed trap van and those guys just look for a number plate and send you a bill in the post. I agree that hitting someone would be an issue but I guess you would need to disappear fast after the ambulance arrived?

Counting the weeks until my bomber turns up......Knoxie, where are you in the UK, do you have a Stealth?

Hi

No no stealth for me I have a fleet of ebikes though 8) an electric KMX a BMC powered BMX and 2 other normal MTB one with a BMC and the other a 5 series 5304 xlyte, I would love a bomber or a fighter but with one little kiddy in the house and another on the way that just isnt going to happen :lol: so I make do and still go blasting off road with what I have and I must say they stand up to it pretty well 8)

You getting a stealth Bomber then? great stuff would love to have a go on one at some point, please let me know when you get it ill be round in a flash! :lol: where are you in the UK, I am in north Oxfordshire.

knoxie said:
Hi

No no stealth for me I have a fleet of ebikes though 8) an electric KMX a BMC powered BMX and 2 other normal MTB one with a BMC and the other a 5 series 5304 xlyte, I would love a bomber or a fighter but with one little kiddy in the house and another on the way that just isnt going to happen :lol: so I make do and still go blasting off road with what I have and I must say they stand up to it pretty well 8)

You getting a stealth Bomber then? great stuff would love to have a go on one at some point, please let me know when you get it ill be round in a flash! :lol: where are you in the UK, I am in north Oxfordshire.

You can easily come and have a go, I am near Guildford so we can meet up for a blast. I hope to have mine mid to end July you can then come and have a or we can meet mid way for some trail riding.

8) 8) ahh thats made my day that has!! be brilliant to hook up with you and shoot some nice video of you on the bike and some Gopro stuff as well, you sir are a very lucky man and I am very jealous, they are simply the best you can buy off the shelf, you have great taste brother :lol: oh and I would bet Deecanio would love to hook up with us as well, in fact in the UK if you get 3 ebikers together in 1 spot that is considered to be an ebike rally :lol:

Please furnish us with loads of pictures, unboxing shots etc etc :)

Hi guys,

i´ll remove and disassemble the rear hub motor this weekend to replace some worn out phase wires. I´ve always wanted something handy to place the bike on for servicing. This is the result. As long as you don´t have to remove the V-Boxx the bike stays upright and either one of the wheels and or other parts can be removed.

stealthstand.jpg

stealthstand2.jpg

stealthstand3.jpg

:D

DSC01399.jpgThats a nice holder but its to low for the old guys. I bought a lift to bring the bike up to me. Was $139 and worth every penny. :)

Attachments

• DSC01394.jpg
    DSC01394.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2,553
I always wanted an ebike but never had the money to buy one. A couple weeks ago I found one in is shed which has been sitting there for god knows how long! It was a stealth rig which was put together with duct tape and cable ties. Charged it up at my friends house and took it for its first ride in a while which was around 4 miles. The motor is a Front Aotema motor (on the rear fork) 36 volt 10/12 aH sla batter kit. It runs very smooth and cruises at 25 mph on flat roads. Its just when I take it on rough roads that I remember everything is encased in tin :(

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,539
Trackman417 said:
I always wanted an ebike but never had the money to buy one. A couple weeks ago I found one in is shed which has been sitting there for god knows how long! It was a stealth rig which was put together with duct tape and cable ties. Charged it up at my friends house and took it for its first ride in a while which was around 4 miles. The motor is a Front Aotema motor (on the rear fork) 36 volt 10/12 aH sla batter kit. It runs very smooth and cruises at 25 mph on flat roads. Its just when I take it on rough roads that I remember everything is encased in tin :(

file.php

Not quite the kind of Stealth bike this thread is about. :wink: Looks like it will be OK with a bit of TLC and better batteries. Nice pegs. :shock:

GrayKard said:
Trackman417 said:

file.php

Not quite the kind of Stealth bike this thread is about. :wink: Looks like it will be OK with a bit of TLC and better batteries. Nice pegs. :shock:

Haha thanks for the comment, I'm trying to find a bike that can allow me to put my motor on the from fork, so I can actually pedal. And, Sorry didn't know this wasn't stealth enough. XD

haha you're still missing the point - stealth is the BRAND of the bike. It has little to do with the imagine of the bike, largely because as bicycles go they stick out like dogs balls :lol:

Justtoby said:
stevebills said:
I was wondering if anyone has a stealth bomber in the UK?

In about 4 weeks I will have a yellow bomber! Come and have a look if you are interested, I am 20 miles south of Guildford in Surrey.

You will have crowds of people circle around the bike in yellow, even my black bomber draws a crowd in the city when I stop. Whats funny is that I have an Optibike and few give it a 2nd glance.

Best of luck with it.

Justtoby said:
stevebills said:
I was wondering if anyone has a stealth bomber in the UK?

In about 4 weeks I will have a yellow bomber! Come and have a look if you are interested, I am 20 miles south of Guildford in Surrey.

What color yellow?....I love this yellow.

Have the rear coil spring painted red as well as wheels :)

Paul G

Attachments

• IMG_6613.jpg
    IMG_6613.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,600
Forget the red wheels, go with yellow or black wheels and a black coil spring with the black forks.

Paul G

Mine is called "safety yellow" but that's just stealths name for it, the colour is the same as the fighter that is doing the rounds. Mine will have carbon inserts in the frame like the fighter.

Back