• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cozen don’t let the vboxx stand in your way. It will be fine. Talke a look at the pics I put up. I’m always in very rough terrain I take the bike to its limit and then some and I always pedal. I was the one who had parts made. Don’t sweat it. I got in touch w sun tour in Taiwan. I could have shipped it there for repairs but I just had a friend fix up a gear. I actually never installed it because I got in touch w stealth and they shipped
Me a few gears lying around from a spare vboxx. Under normal use and even abuse the vboxx is fine. As far as the battery I doubt you’ll be able to get a bomber for 2500.. 4K isn’t bad. After all you’re dealing w a high performance ebike. But it would be cool to pick it up for 2500!!
@ Cozen, pinging on what ABV said, if the Vboxx is working correctly, it probably isn't going to fail. At almost a third of the price of new, if you get a few years out of it, that's your moneys worth.

hey what are you fellas using to protect your phase wires to the motor? currently im using that split cable loom but im looking for other options
Protect from what, specifically? Different things would do different jobs...

I wrapped the wires is shrink then I cover the shrink w split wire loom. I’m not really keen on the look of the split wire loom so I started to look at splitting some 3/4 irrigation tube for a cleaner look. Be interesting to see what everyone else is using.

hey what are you fellas using to protect your phase wires to the motor? currently im using that split cable loom but im looking for other options

Protect from what, specifically? Different things would do different jobs...

I wrapped the wires is shrink then I cover the shrink w split wire loom. I’m not really keen on the look of the split wire loom so I started to look at splitting some 3/4 irrigation tube for a cleaner look. Be interesting to see what everyone else is using.
So you're not protecting the wires from anything?

Nope not protecting just cosmetic. I’m not a big fan of how the factory did it I think it looks sloppy

The irrigation tube could work. They make split versions of this kind of tubing for cable coverings.

If you want something "permanent" you could use "marine" adhesive-lined heatshrink, split it lengthwise, and use it as a cover, heating it enough to adhere it to the cable as a cover (it will shrink some too, so you need a size large enough to cover everyting when it's half the size it starts at). For this, you'd need to be wearing something like gardening or welding gloves, and/or use a piece of leather to touch and smooth the shrink to the wiring, as it would also be pressed to adhere to the frame itself.

I'm really liking my Kelly controller. Tell me why I need a nuc again? I feel like everything on my bike is perfectly matched. My 100 amp battery is perfect for an 80 amp controller, and my 80 amp controller is perfect for my QS205 80 amp motor. Now that the weather has turned warm my bike rips, and I'm also getting really decent range. Losing 25 lbs didn't hurt either. Plus my bike is as light as a SurRon, and a lot lighter than a clone, or Onyx. My high power bike riding buddies can't figure out why my bike is so fast, and yet gets such good range. When you factor in the weight, a clone with the big daddy QS hub motor isn't so much faster than my bike, and they really suck the battery dry going fast. I think this is going to be a fun summer.
Clone bombers.jpg

Reactions: Rix
Check out Buffy's new fully loaded Mustang GT Premium in Rapid Red Metallic with dark clear coat, Mustang Dark Nite Pony package, 450hp, 3.55 pinion gear, 10 speed automatic, with paddle shifters, active valve exhaust system with loud, louder, or blow your eardrums settings. Also has the $2700 401A premium interior trim group with digital dash, and navigation equipment. Plus 10 year extended bumper to bumper warranty, and 10 year free maintenance.
20230520_142940.jpg

I seldom see anyone saying anything good about Kelly controllers, but I don't know why. I have no complaints about mine. This will be my first riding season since the motor controller rebuild, and now that the weather has turned warm I'm finally feeling the full impact of my work. I wasn't surprised about the power increase, that was expected, but what's really impressive is my range has noticeably increased. In the warmer temperatures my battery takes longer to sag down to the LVC, which increases my range probably by 10 miles over the stock motor/controller setup. Lately 50 miles on a charge is easy as pie, while at the same time averaging higher speeds than before. I have every setting on the controller set to hair trigger, but one change I made recently that I like very much was to change the throttle map to be a little more aggressive. I changed the TPS Fwd MAP from 35, to 30. When just cruising around it makes it feel more peppy.
TPS Fwd map.jpg

Fancyness! Didn’t you have a mustang as well?

I've never been a car guy, I'm a bike guy all my life. I'm usually just driving in my work van. As far as I'm concerned my bike is one of the most desirable eBikes of all time, It's starting to get a lot of attention from all the new people getting into eBikes that want something different from the SurRon's, Onyx's, and Clones that seem like the only choices. They think my bike is some brand new bike that they can just go out and buy.

so I would up using 3/4” id tubing. It’s shiny black and looks pretty good…IMG_9331.jpeg

My son spotted his first Clone riding at large. His impression was it looked cheap compared to his B52. I think there's fixing to be a lot of clones riding around Dallas soon though.

Hello everyone, I am considering buying a Crystalyte H+55 motor to use for my upcoming ebike build. Plan is to install it on a hardtail, steel framed, Mt Bike.

Is anyone not happy with the Crystalyte H+55 motor? If I understand correctly, it is the motor that comes in some of the current "Stealth" bikes.

Thank You

The clyte motors are heavy but super reliable. Hey on another note what do you guys think used bombers go for now a days?

Some guy ran a red light and totaled Buffy's new Mustang. I just got sprained up a little bit, but Buffy fractured her elbow, and bruised her ribs.

I finally got around to installing my 220mm front rotor today, but not for the reason I was expecting. Earlier I was riding up to a stop. I hit the brakes, and bam, my 203 rotor disintegrated with metal pieces flying, and no front braking. It was confusing because when I looked down at the front wheel the rotor was there, but then I realized now it was a 170mm rotor. Luckily the front wheel didn't lock up.

I finally got around to installing my 220mm front rotor today, but not for the reason I was expecting. Earlier I was riding up to a stop. I hit the brakes, and bam, my 203 rotor disintegrated with metal pieces flying, and no front braking. It was confusing because when I looked down at the front wheel the rotor was there, but then I realized now it was a 170mm rotor. Luckily the front wheel didn't lock up.
Tassels aside, I am glad you and Buffy are okay, moving on, sounds like your rotor got really thing before detonation. You will like the 220s, I run 225s and even have a 250mm rotor. I haven't tried it though.

Tassels aside, I am glad you and Buffy are okay, moving on, sounds like your rotor got really thing before detonation. You will like the 220s, I run 225s and even have a 250mm rotor. I haven't tried it though.
Yes, the rotor apparently got as thin as foil. I better keep a closer eye on them in the future. It was a Chinese floating rotor I bought on eBay, and the metal must have been pretty low quality. The new 220s are Magura rotors and will hopefully last a little longer.

I just got pulled over by a Carrollton police officer on my bike, on Scott Mill, for changing lanes without signaling. He just gave me a warning. He ask if my bike was a motorcycle? I told him, no sir, it's an electric bicycle. He made no issue about it. He was nice, and ask me to signal when changing lanes in the future. I told him I usually do, but I'm not sure anyone knows what they mean anymore, because when I signal a right turn, most of the time people wave at me. He laughed.
That's the first time in 10 years I've been officially pulled over on my Stealth.

I told him I usually do, but I'm not sure anyone knows what they mean anymore, because when I signal a right turn, most of the time people wave at me. He laughed.
That's the first time in 10 years I've been officially pulled over on my Stealth.
That's why, years ago, I started building actual lighted turn and brake signals into my bikes, eventually going to DOT-rated units with as large a surface area as I could fit because it's easier for people to see those.

My quest really started when a *police officer* waved at me while I was signalling, then I turned and they seemed to figure it out then.... I realized if *they* didn't know what I was doing, I couldn't expect anyone else to, so I started using the same "language" all the other things on the road use, since even if people don't always *use* them, they still know what they *mean*. ;)

That's why, years ago, I started building actual lighted turn and brake signals into my bikes, eventually going to DOT-rated units with as large a surface area as I could fit because it's easier for people to see those.

My quest really started when a *police officer* waved at me while I was signalling, then I turned and they seemed to figure it out then.... I realized if *they* didn't know what I was doing, I couldn't expect anyone else to, so I started using the same "language" all the other things on the road use, since even if people don't always *use* them, they still know what they *mean*. ;)
Because I ride basically in a gray area of the law, I purposely try not to do anything that might confuse the issue of bicycle vs motorcycle.

Back