Fat Man Commuter - 270lbs on 700c

dsullivan wrote: Absolutely nobody recognizes it as an electric bike

Slightly OT, but you might enjoy seeing Kepler's stealth bike (nonhub):
file.php

Thread at http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34165 8)

Glad to hear you are up and running.
Keep an eye on those velcro straps, I've seen Velcro kinda rot and rip away without warning.

Now that you have built one yourself would you say that building one would be beyond most of the general public?

Would you say that you are willing to risk multiple thousands 30+K buying stock for a business in a province that has not truly legalized ebikes, and that could turn on a dime to make them illegal?

Are you willing to open yourself to the legal costs of a possible lawsuit when somebody does something dumb with a lipo pack burns down their home and tries to sue?

Two points.
I don't see a horn on that bike, that makes it illegal (HAHAHA I know right?!).
I don't see a light for night. (Don't give the cops ANY excuse to pull you over, your set up is definitely beyond the legal limits.)

You also didn't mention your final build cost?

BTW 90% of people are like WHAT?!?!? when I tell them the cost of 48V SLA let alone the WHAT THE F#$%@#$^ that comes out of them when I mention lithium.

In many many many ways Saint John is still waaay to redneck for electric bikes yet. Pick up trucks and Motorcycles yes, e-bikes not so much yet. It's economic need that drives most of my sales.

P.S. If you ever do set up a full fledged business never sell to anyone with a DUI. The cops will NOT tolerate someone with a DUI driving an e-bike.

Back