Giant DH Comp Drop Out adapters and conversion

Hey kiwi, dropouts have been great so far! I'm having some major chainline issues though. I've got about a 3mm gouge in my swingarm from chain rub whenever I try and use the two hardest gears, in a 7spd cluster. I'm running a 38t chain ring up front, and just ordered a 42t hoping that it would fix these issues. Any ideas would be great! Thanks :)

shorza said:
He did say within 10 days, it's only been 5. Give it another week at least.

Have you received your dropouts yet??? I'm dying waiting for them over here. I want to get my 5404 on my bike sooooo baddddd!!!!

Hope you all have your adapters soon.
I am making 10 more sets so will have stock now for future orders, no more waiting around for manufacture.

Chain line issues.
Yep, thats a trade off for not having to chop your frame. Here are some solutions to try. Pick a couple.

1. Space the frame. Put some washers on the axel to spread the frame a bit more to give the chain some room.
2. Run a larger front ring 52 tooth to help lift the chain.
3. Run a 5 speed cluster. this way it wont be as close to the frame (recommended)
4. Shorten you deraileur stroke not to use the bottom rings.
5. Make a skid plate for the chain stay.
6. Dont pedal

Kiwi,

Yea man, i can't wait!!! Quick question though...I'm about to get a hold of a 05 giant dh team swing arm (150mm) and i'll slap it onto my 03 dh comp (135mm). What are the main differences between the 150mm droput adapters and the 135mm? Are the interchangeable? As in can i install the 135mm type dropouts onto the 150?

Hi,

I've juste received them today ! I live in France :)
I had to dremel them a little and it is a perfect fit. Great quality, great accuracy :wink:
I just come back from a little run with my GM @ 74V 45A and it works great. I haven't fit the rear brake yet and I didn't set the derailler so I can't figure if I can run the whole freewheel.

:mrgreen:
Thanks Kiwi !

IMAG0363.jpg

Thanks.

Hey, I have to make a huge apologize for being so slow on the parts. Not my normal style.
In November last year my beautiful partner of 10 years, and mother of my 2 boys fell in love with another guy. I've watched the whole thing develop live. Its been the emotionally hardest 5 months of my life. (guess I have been lucky, great life so far) Of course there is a story behind it all, but the fact is it pretty much put me on my arse. We have concluded over the last days that we are done, that the grass is greener else where. Tragic for me, for us, but a relief too, to have some conclusions. Now starts the challenging path of separate lives with kids and all that comes before and after.

I love e-bikes and making things, and the es community and my new friends I have met in NZ through building bikes. I have lots of exciting things in the pipe line, i plan to put the "pro" into ebike accessories. Just need to get back on my feet, and that is happening.

So thanks for all your support, I'm not going anywhere, good stuff is coming.

I am making 10 adapter sets so will have stock from now on.
Kiwi-Daryl

Hey Kiwi, I feel you pain mate. Hope it works out well for you in the long run. For me these adapters where worth the wait. Thanks mate.

brutal. get through it somehow.

i don't know if you follow my thread, but i'm sure i've changed my wheels more than anyone else using these and i really appreciate how they're designed, how they hold up, and especially how you added the pinching. if i didn't tighten them, i might have some regen shifting, but afterwards, just smooth.

you boys are gonna get yours soon. take your time getting them in and enjoy! :twisted:

Kiwi, I hope it all works out for you mate. Sounds like a nightmare now, but i'm sure it will be for the best in the long run.

My adaptors arrived today. They look great, thanks.

Kiwi,

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Although I must say kiwi, I'm happy to hear that you're still doing whats best for your kids. I know this must be a hard time for you, but trust me man, your kids need you now more than ever. Its important to to them that they still know you love them. As for the dropouts, i know they'll get here soon. It obviously makes it WAY HARDER TO WAIT WHEN EVERYONE IS TELLING ME HOW AWESOME THEY ARE. I'm drooling over the pics!!! :lol:

SHORZA: SWEET MAN. I WANT MINE!!!!

HI,

I have finished designing a new front "Forklift" rack. The original one was not strong enough, the battery soon bent things once some real riding came in to play.

The new design is much stronger all around. It is designed to strap on a battery bag, or you can bolt a case to it. It has room in the back to fit a controller up to 12fet. The fork clamps are not shown, but you can see them at the start of this thread, page 1. Being made so real world pictures and prices in a week. Will ship them flat pack, so you will need a rivet gun to assemble.

Kiwi.
View attachment 1
Fullscreen capture 11062012 102010 a.m..jpg

How much are you selling these for?

Put my in for one.. possibly two!

ziet er niet uit als je je accu voor op je stuur heb doe hem gewoon in het frame ofzo dat staat veel coler dan dit sorry dat ik je zo af kraak :D

Hi,..had to google translate the last one..

"does not look like your battery on your handlebars have just put it in the frame or something that is much Coler than this so sorry that I squat down"

Im also sorry you have to squat down :)

Sometimes its just difficult to mount a battery on a DH bike. Yes in the frame would be great, on a rear rack, too much weight out the back, bike pulls wheelies.

Prices soon.

Great to see the adapters being hammered.

New forklift made and its SOLID. Could carry your child on it....no, don't do that.
Controller fits snugly in behind.
Shows one strap, but will come with 2.
Cost..not sure yet, about $150usd shipped I am guessing, have not got the bill from the lazer yet.
PICT0544.JPG
PICT0545.JPG
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Attachments

• PICT0564.JPG
    PICT0564.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,416
I just ordered another 5AH of batteries to bring my total up to 15AH!

Can't wait to get this thing mounted :D

Got the bill today. So including straps, clamps and the rack its $150US plus $20US for postage, so $170US delivered.
You need to tell me the diameter of your forks so I can choose the right size clamps.

PM me if you dont know my paypal.

Kiwi.

Back