GNG 450 brushless Mid Drive - Primary Drive Modifications

Overclocker said:
so meelis hows the reduced tooth engagement working out for you?

So far (600km commuting) it is working good, no broken belt or belt skipping. Stock controller modified to 30A. I have to be gentle with throttle when twisting throttle in slow speed (stock controller is really sensitive, no throttle ramping at all) - what is skipping then is rear cassette, not toothbelt. Probably because it needs replacement.

Overclocker said:
so meelis hows the reduced tooth engagement working out for you?

Me too, meelis. Hows it working? My kit is now in a box after it's third bicycle. Kit needs my LR adjustable sheets installed because the factory ones are warped near the point of interference. This is probably due to the extreme torque loads I subjected it to while trail riding my fat butt up and down gullies and washouts.

Your solution looks like the best/simplest by far. Please keep us posted and if you do encounter failure (hope hope hope NOT) please include photos. Thanks, meelis!

latest issue w/ my GNG. these little bolts kept loosening. there are only like 3 threads engaged:

Xk03J1M.jpg

so i installed stainless through bolts:

n92Pmky.jpg

MnWUake.jpg

I did that too on my GNG
It's pretty much first hacks I (highly) recommend to people...the stock bolts and threaded spacer are all junk and it's pretty much a must-hack.

Back