going electric, converting one of my bikes

So the noise returned when using the Q100H and KU65 controller? I'm getting a little confused now with all the parts here.

It's a bit of noise with the Q100H and ku65. Top speed has dropped from 30kph to 25kph and hill speed is much lower, this is compared to Q100H+s06s.

*now after returning from that brief commercial message*

So on S06S you had less noise/vibration using the same Q100h motor?

That's strange that you're getting reduced hill climbing speed. That motor should theoretically be slightly better at hills. Something seems fishy with that motor. You said you still haven't had noise issues from the Q100 right?

Q100+s06s: nice torque, almost no noise. But I suspect the motor is a bit worn after running it with S06p. Bad wheel build.

Q100H+s06s: a little loss of torque, more top speed, quite a bit of noise and vibration felt through the pedals.
Q100H+ku65: current setup. Lost a lot of torque, not as noisy as the s06s, but still more noise than I'm used to.

Had a really nice hour and a half on singletrack this weekend running the lowest pas level, so it's not all bad, but I miss the Q100+s06s performance.

I started another thread to get advice on controller for the q100h, here it is
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63451

But I got tired of my new and way too expensive Q100H wheel so I tightened up and reinstalled the China built Q100 wheel along with the S06S. Now everything is good again, almost no noise and way more torque. Now I won't upgrade or improve anything in a while :)

Back