Greentime controllers

This 24 fet will make you happy but you cannot program it. I had one and it's a good controller that works flawlessly even in sensorless mode. If you want regen above the default limit (91V), you have to tell Leo to change the 24kohm lvc resistor for a 32kohm so it sets lvc to 83v.

I read about the throttle ramp setting needing to be specified to get good quick power. They come rather tame if you don't specify. I have a throttle tamer and 3 speed switch already so I can tame it a bit if it is a bit too hot to handle. Not using regen as it is going on my mid drive. What else do I need to make sure to ask for. Would like to possibly try 24s and I am not sure it can be changed easily back and forth for a 18s setup. Will write Leo and bug him. He owes me.

Hi guys
I assume the 3 speed switch is the orange, black and blue connector.
which wires should I splice together for full speed? I dont have a switch so I wanna connect whatever 2 wires will be the fastest.

ALso what is the 6 pin/wire connector for? It has a blue, red, black, white, yellow and green??

Thanks!!

My two controller were at the highest setting out of the box. As soon as I started jumping them I noticed the reduction in speed. Not too dramatic though so the default programming on the speed switch it probably 90% - 80%. The other group of wires you describe is probably the black jst-sm connector for a cycle analyst.

tenutso said:
My two controller were at the highest setting out of the box. As sooner as I started jumping them I noticed the reduction in speed. Not too dramatic though so the default programming on the speed switch it probably 90% - 80%. The other group of wires you describe is probably the black jst-sm connector for a cycle analyst.

Oh I didn't think generic Chinese controllers are compatible with Cycle Analysts :shock: :shock:

Sorry what is "jst-sm " ?

"JST-SM" is the name of the series of connector that cycle analyst uses. The C.A. can be used on almost every controller as long as its 6 wires are connected properly on the pcb.

Ok thx...
Can the 72v 15fet greentime handle 90v??
I read many run over 72v as the actual internal caps are 100v

My friend tried 72v on his gng and ran fine BUT when he upped the
voltage to 90v, the controller ran rough. Strange

ebike11 said:
Ok thx...

My set up is 21s2p lipo at 45 amps. It feels like a frieght train. Anything more than 22s I think is at risk of faliure. Unless you're off road I woudn't want to challenge my controller and end up peddling my sorry ass home while fighting a non-geared motor. I commute so it's not a good idea. I'm so impressed with this little $45 controller. By far the best ROI on anything I've purchased ebike related thus far.

I'm not sure the rough ride you're experiencing at 90v would be from the controller. I suspect it's from the motor. Vibration or maybe heat affecting readings from the hall sensors.

If you do go with 90v+ please report back on your experience.

tenutso said:
ebike11 said:
Ok thx...

My set up is 21s2p lipo at 45 amps. It feels like a freight train. Anything more than 22s I think is at risk of faliure. Unless you're off road I woudn't want to challenge my controller and end up peddling my sorry ass home while fighting a non-geared motor. I commute so it's not a good idea. I'm so impressed with this little $45 controller. By far the best ROI on anything I've purchased ebike related thus far.

I'm not sure the rough ride you're experiencing at 90v would be from the controller. I suspect it's from the motor. Vibration or maybe heat affecting readings from the hall sensors.

If you do go with 90v+ please report back on your experience.

Thx for the reply!
Could it be the hall sensors/phase wires? I thought about trying other combinations.
However the hall sensors and phase wires seem to be correct when riding at 72v, just not at 90v

I ran both of my greentime at 24s (99.8v fully charged) for a year with no problems. I know I'm asking for trouble but so far so good...

Hmmmm I dont know why mine is acting like that
Fine at 72 but not 90v.

Could it be the over current protection that is listed on the specs posted by Leo on the aliexpress greentime products???

Also peehee, what motor are you running? Sensor or sensorless?

I ran a magic pie both sensored and sensorless. I didn't notice anything particular at these high voltage.

Ok ill ttry unplugging the hall sensor plug and see if the controller works better on 90v with only phase wires connected

I was thinking of giving one of these greentime controllers a go on my bike- with a 9C 8x8 hub. I will be running anywhere from 15-20S, 40A max(so will ask for a suitable LVC). I know some people are against the cheapo 15 FET 4410 controllers- are they really that bad? Should I go for the 18 FET instead?

Also, can he program the three speed at 120% like we do with the infineons?

Last question- does Leo supply the shunt resistance value for the CA-DP setting?

Update: Connected the daymak scooter speedometer to the blue phase wire in case anyone is wondering how to hook up the speedometer on a chinese scooter. I'm getting fairly accurate speed readings. Fairly accurate means a margin of 5-10kph. It's hitting around 70kph without a load and 64km on the road.. 58kph max on my GPS, Good enough for me. The best part is going up a fairly steep grade I'm averaging 50-54kph. Would love to get a CA hooked to see the wattage and amps while climbing that hill.

tenutso said:
I have a bunch of 72v 15 fets and thought it would be fun to use one of them in an old 2010 daymak austin. I'm having a hard time figuring out the speedometer connection. Do I just pull out the yellow and black from the cycle analyst plug? The speedometer was plugged into the old controller oddly sharing the same connector as one of the ebrakes. Probably negative. Any suggestions?

Finally I got my 15fet 72v 45a greentime controller connected and working well. Adjusted the throttle tamer as directed and test rode it a bit. All looked and working great.

Taping and secured all the extra mass of wires to go for a ride and pooof the throttle/3 speed switch combo goes up in smoke.

Getting very tired of this crap!. What could have gone wrong? It was a 72 volt throttle. At a loss now with nothing working again.

speedmd said:
Finally I got my 15fet 72v 45a greentime controller connected and working well. Adjusted the throttle tamer as directed and test rode it a bit. All looked and working great.

Taping and secured all the extra mass of wires to go for a ride and pooof the throttle/3 speed switch combo goes up in smoke.

Getting very tired of this crap!. What could have gone wrong? It was a 72 volt throttle. At a loss now with nothing working again.

Hi, I used the run of the mill Wuxing throttles and they work fine at 72V
Do you have a spare?

Also what does the throttle tamer do for performance?

Throttle just burnt up. No Idea why. Spare works. Throttle tamer was working perfectly to give nice control but not working now. Hard to ride this mid drive bike without good throttle control in lower gear ranges much above 30 amps but with the tamer you can dial in a suitable speed ramp easily. Controller is putting out 4.48 volts at the throttle connection which may be a bit too high. Not sure.

Sounds pretty good for a custom job I have on. I had thought that it might stutter sensorless at 84V - sounds promising. Hopefully it's less than 100mm width...

Back