Greentime controllers

Anyone tried to go on Alibaba and have a look on Greentime controllers lately?
Can not find any! Or maybe I did something wrong with the search :?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24FET-IRFB4110-s-3000W-48-84V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller-sensor-sensorless/522263950.html

I have had an order in for a while (2nd of June) Hopefully it shows up soon.

stevc said:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/24FET-IRFB4110-s-3000W-48-84V-80Amax-BLDC-motor-controller-EV-brushless-speed-controller-sensor-sensorless/522263950.html

I have had an order in for a while (2nd of June) Hopefully it shows up soon.

Thats a beast of a controller
What motor are you using it with???

That was just a link for greentime on aliexpress (I think Skalabala was looking on alibaba). How would it go on a Magic Pie?

I have ordered, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Universal-Sensor-Sensorless-72V-800-1000W-35Amax-E-bike-Scooter-Motorcycle-Brushless-Speed-Controller/528761070.html

What voltage are you running jansevr? Sensored or sensorless?

i was running sensored initially but burnt the windings on one of my hs3540s and had to resort to using an old one with bad halls so now i am just running sensorless. very smooth throttle response (just as long as you are moving forward - even just slightly). i can floor it off the line from a red light and take most cars (and some motos) by surprise and quite a few car lengths up to about 40-50mph. i havn't testing the exact 0-30, 0-40, etc times exactly but 6kw is pretty fast on a 90 lb bike + me (165)

Thanks guys. It does look like it has been removed from Alibaba :?
jansevr, buddy how good is your wh/mile? You happy with efficiency?

jansevr said:
i was running sensored initially but burnt the windings on one of my hs3540s

Could you share with us what happened? thanks

jansevr said:
i was running sensored initially but burnt the windings on one of my hs3540s

Could you share with us what happened? thanks

Hi guys
I have a 72v 1500w Greentime

There is a 6 colored wired JST plug which looks the exact same as on the Infineon controller and Cycle Analyst
wires. Has anyone tried plugging a CA in a Greentime controller??

Thx

Just used a 4110 15fet for some time a year or so, also in the winter... I did a shunt mod lowering amp draw in the beginning and three months ago I put it back a little higher setting at maybe 65a. After using this at 20 and 21s it was ok and using 3speed switch.

I started using 23s and noticed it was some kind of error while changing the 3speed to a higher setting like I switched and power was turned off so switched down to lower setting again. That happened two times and the second time it didn't start up, controller was dead.

I noticed a small resistance while leading the bike forward and so I disconnected the phase wires and it was smooth. Did I burn a mosfet? So I opened the controller up and I saw no error. Just that there was a blob of solder on one of the fets legs not touching anything else,(probably when I added solder to the shunt a little blob jumped away). Resistors was a little brown and also shunt was a little brownish.

I changed to its older brother, the 24fet 4110 and I will use this instead for a while... but controller is larger and heavier and also the performance is almost as 15fet but I will see how it works out. I see a little more acceleration especially mid-high range because of higher amps but no more than that right now. Only one ride so far.

:D weeiii

Received and installed greentime 72v 45a 15fet controller today. There were no instructions or diagram with the controller so thanks for this thread without it I would still be trying a bunch of combinations.

Tried it on my em3ev dd motor and was really surprise! I've hit 70kph (43mph) without even pedaling! I asked Leo to set the three speed switch to 50%/100%/120% he told that was feasible, don't know if it's the 120% setting or what, but that was pretty fast for a 500w 335 rpm hub!

ebike11 said:
Hi guys

There is a 6 colored wired JST plug which looks the exact same as on the Infineon controller and Cycle Analyst

Thx

Yes that sounds like it. I had to ask Leo to install the CA wires/plug on my 24 fet.

However, when plugged in it only showed voltage-nothing else. I e-mailed Leo about it but am not holding my breath....

There is discussion about this earlier on in this thread, but I don't recall where.

Is there a way to change 3 speed switch ratio? My bike will have a top speed of 80kmh and 50% is still too much for legal 25kmh. Any resistors to change? I have 12fet.

Warning GreenTime Controllers issues ! ! !
Ordered one on like July 31st and just got one on Sept. 4th ish 2014 but not the one I ordered, but cheaper.
Leo Supplied me with fake tracking number at first, than on like August 14th told that item was shipped, and supplied with another tracking number which didnèt worked, than on 21st told that Ites was shipped, though tracking started to work on like 22nd of August.
Original order was for 45A 48/60V Sensored/sensorless 120/60deg 3 speed, Hi/Lo Brakes, Regen, CA controller with Stock irfb4410 Mosfets.
Meanwhile I received35-40A 48/60V controller with some RU75N08R Mosfets, and hell knows what specks, no wiring diagram nothing, and mangled mounting tabs.
Ofcourse Leo said he did a mistake and forgot to pass it to production line, though original listing says irfb4410 fets, also he added that item is still usable so that should be ok, but if I don't like it I can ship it back, which is around 82$ with tracking number as I was told in local post office.
Leo from greentime seem to be nice until I made a payment, after that all kinds of bs started as you can not frome this story, so my advice would be stay away from this place.

Kent said:
ebike11 said:
Hi guys

Thx

Yes that sounds like it. I had to ask Leo to install the CA wires/plug on my 24 fet.

However, when plugged in it only showed voltage-nothing else. I e-mailed Leo about it but am not holding my breath....

There is discussion about this earlier on in this thread, but I don't recall where.

You need to modify the controller. Swap the Green Throttle cable to the CA 6-pin on the controller.

evolutiongts said:
Kent said:
ebike11 said:
Hi guys

Thx

You need to modify the controller. Swap the Green Throttle cable to the CA 6-pin on the controller.

Do you mean the green wire on the wires coming from the throttle???

You guys still chewing on this?

Leo must be having a good laugh at our expense :D
I appreciate the work he is doing to help people learn about controllers.

For the record - as far as I know the GreenTime controllers we tested are all still alive.
This was... er... probably at 20S and 80A
All required further modification

I only used mine for a short while (before my CroMotor ate the drops on my trike)
Matthew rode his pretty hard - never reported a failure
Sold a few - never heard back on failure

Never had occasion to try and change out the fets on one... (because they did not fail) but it sure looked like an easier job than the 24fet controllers we were working on before.

Too bad we cant get the requirements straight or else a group buy would be in order :)
uuunnnnnlllleeeesssss somebody wants to volunteer to the be the guy who does the rework???

-methods

agniusm said:
Does anyone knows what currents are involved at ignition wire and 3 speed switch? Need to pick correct relays. Thanks

"Ignition wire provides current at pack voltage for the controller brain and will vary depending which controller as well as the voltage. I use motorcycle key switches so no need for a relay since they can handle the generally 100ma or less without issue.

3 speed switches are just a short to ground with much lower current. The 3 wire type are simply 1 wire to ground, nothing to ground, and the other wire to ground for the 3 options. The 2 wire type require a momentary switch. On power up it's high speed. Tap it once for medium speed. Push it a second time for low, and a 3rd time gets you back to high. Just like cruise, reverse and other function wires that short a 5V supply to ground to activate, none of this stuff requires a relay because there's very high resistance in the controller side of the circuit, so very low current.

High voltage ebrake activation which requires anything from about 9V up to pact voltage to activate is typically the only thing on a relay in typical use of these controllers. That's because on Chineses scooters the ebrake is tied into the brake light system. The low voltage ebrake wiring uses a different wire, and to activate it's just a 5V supply shorted to ground, a very low current, so no relay required.

John

does anyone know how to connect regen braking ( back into the batteries) on a greentime 36v/48v 30amp controller?
I forgot to ask leo to put wires for regen braking.

Back