Greyp eBikes

jansevr said:
40 is a relatively low top speed considering the price and what the motor is capable of. i guess they don't want to market a bike that goes 60 for safety/possibly lawsuit reasons?

Probably more of a going over 40mph is generally not very usable other than to show off a few times. I have a bike that can go > 70mph if I run 100V vs 75V, but my average speed when riding normally is about 12mph with a max speed of <25mph because I ride it like a bicycle... unless I'm testing out a controller, then I ride like I stole it to abuse the controller I'm testing :twisted: . Even on 75V it's top speed is > 50mph and the acceleration is quite quick, but even when playing around in high power mode I don't find much of a need to go > 40mph even when mixing with traffic.

I believe the butter zone is 30-35mph for ebikes to be good modes of transport without needing to carry insane amounts of battery, otherwise might as well build a motorcycle/fast scooter, you need the better parts for safety anyways.

My Warp frame build has a targeted top speed of just over 40mph and will most likely only need to run 75V, but it will get to it's top speed fast if I want it to, 10KW-15KW setup :) Keep in mind the motor is rated for 5-6kw and that varies depending on wheel size. You can probably do +10kw all day in a 20" tire based on my experience

Spacey said:
Chalo said:
Looky, somebody put wheels on a saxophone case.

frock me Chalo, either say something nice for once or don't bother replying. Like you could do any better. Every post you make is filled with hate and negativity...this community thrives on encouragement and help.

Do you get some sort of kick out of constantly putting others down? Is your life that bad that misery loves company?

Top job on the bike guys, as a former Greyborg owner myself I am glad to see this in production.

+1 on everything you said, seriously tiring of Chalos negativity, got nothing nice to say Chalo, then stfu for God's
sake.

Top job to Hal and the team, great turn key e-bike

KiM

Being a saxophone player, I have to agree with Chalo's comment. It looks alot like Protec (Protech? I forget how it's spelled) casing.

i think it is more attitude problem rather than factual one ...

De gustibus non est disputandum

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!

Zvonimir (HAL) did a great job together with the rest of the team. Adriano - the same guy that designed the Concetp_One did the design for the G12. Matija, Ivan, Goran, Igor and Tomislav - the same guys that developed the electronics for the Concept_One developed all systems for the bike as well. So it was a fairly large engineering team working on the development for quite some time... Took much more time, effort and money than I expected.

We're still not finished - doing the finishing touches like brakes, suspension, lights, mud-guards etc. And a lot of new stuff in the pipeline!

zombiess said:
jansevr said:
40 is a relatively low top speed considering the price and what the motor is capable of. i guess they don't want to market a bike that goes 60 for safety/possibly lawsuit reasons?

Probably more of a going over 40mph is generally not very usable other than to show off a few times. I have a bike that can go > 70mph if I run 100V vs 75V, but my average speed when riding normally is about 12mph with a max speed of <25mph because I ride it like a bicycle... unless I'm testing out a controller, then I ride like I stole it to abuse the controller I'm testing :twisted: . Even on 75V it's top speed is > 50mph and the acceleration is quite quick, but even when playing around in high power mode I don't find much of a need to go > 40mph even when mixing with traffic.

I believe the butter zone is 30-35mph for ebikes to be good modes of transport without needing to carry insane amounts of battery, otherwise might as well build a motorcycle/fast scooter, you need the better parts for safety anyways.

My Warp frame build has a targeted top speed of just over 40mph and will most likely only need to run 75V, but it will get to it's top speed fast if I want it to, 10KW-15KW setup :) Keep in mind the motor is rated for 5-6kw and that varies depending on wheel size. You can probably do +10kw all day in a 20" tire based on my experience

Well put. Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.

40 is definitely a reasonable speed - dont get me wrong.

if you're riding it like a bike, 12mph seems pretty slow especially while mixing with traffic. i agree with your "butter zone" of 30-35mph. this is quite adequate for most circumstances and roads. it depends on the gearing of the pedals, but i like being able to provide some input and pedal even at speeds around 30. its nice to be able to keep up with traffic - for me it seems to make it more safe (as opposed to drivers paying no attention and always cutting you off/leaving you no room).

depending on the roads (and the area) you travel even if the speeds limit is 30, there's still quite a few people who drive closer to 40. being able to push the bike a bit faster to keep up with traffic is (in my opinion) safer. albeit not necessary legal. of course even if you have an ebike (or motorcycle/car for that matter) its not like you're going to be going much over 40 in the city anyway.

as far as needing better parts for speeds over 40 i don't think this is true. look at a lot of the builds around here on downhill bikes. these bikes are made to go 40-50 mph down mountains with obviously much more aggressive terrain and extreme forces on the bike. riding on a relatively flat surface with these bikes is no problem at higher speeds. maybe your walmart children's bike that you made go 60mph with a cro is unsafe but something like a well made downhill bike would be no problem.

CroDriver said:
Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!

Zvonimir (HAL) did a great job together with the rest of the team. Adriano - the same guy that designed the Concetp_One did the design for the G12. Matija, Ivan, Goran, Igor and Tomislav - the same guys that developed the electronics for the Concept_One developed all systems for the bike as well. So it was a fairly large engineering team working on the development for quite some time... Took much more time, effort and money than I expected.

We're still not finished - doing the finishing touches like brakes, suspension, lights, mud-guards etc. And a lot of new stuff in the pipeline!
Congrats guys its nice to see other bikes then the stealth...

I agree 40mph is a respectable speed. For such a bike 50 would have probably been better still, but there's always room for that. Assuming it's running 74v nominal that's easily achievable with still decent performance from a slightly faster wind motor.

Another future option which might be nice to offer is exposing / not painting some of the carbon side covers. I thought they were just ABS at first like existing greyborg bike so it'd be nice to show off some of it (having the whole side covers in carbon finish would probably look too over the top though)

wojtek said:
i think it is more attitude problem rather than factual one ...

De gustibus non est disputandum

Sure... but if Brough had made those, T.E. Lawrence probably would have stayed on a horse and lived to a ripe old age.

I subscribe to the idea that things which work right, usually look right. (The opposite is not necessarily true.) But this thing looks right only if it's protecting a saxophone. That's a conspicuously visible clue as to how well other elements of the bike have or haven't been sorted out.

If I want to deal with the idiosyncrasies of a funky homemade machine, I'll make it myself.

Vast expanses of featureless plastic. It's as desirable as an old nissan.
That bike gets knocked a lot. Yesterdays knock was it's ancient rear suspension design. Often bettered by a £99 aldi bike.

Yeah right. Years of designing, prototyping, road testing the frame design harder than I even ride, producing it for sale, then more prototyping, more testing, etc etc.

Yeah, that's just "Slapping some..."

Bet you have no clue who you are talking about.

I'll agree with the second posts comments. It's not designed simply to be pretty. And the suspension design is not the cutting edge for bicycles. But it's highly similar to all modern motorcycles. If the shock has enough travel, it should be fine. The shock will have to weigh more though. Big deal.

The real reason for the fancy shock linkages on mtb's is for eliminating as much pedal bob as possible, and making it as light as possible. But I seriously doubt much pedaling hard occurs riding one of these.

It is not designed to be pretty, because it is not. It is practical and designed specifically to make a reliable long range ebike with all the ebike features that one would want.

Simply fitting maximum power to a fancy DH racing bike is what I do, and believe me it gives much better performance and handling than any ebike specific frame.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53255

I bet the greyborg frame, set up with a very good shock and forks as you see there, handles better than any of my bikes that are based on moderately priced FS MTB's.

Bet I couldn't hang on to it and ride it to near it's potential too. Old and slow now.

"years for designing, prototyping testing etc..." to produce what exactly? an MTB with a hub motor? why is this one so different then what folks are building here?

Form over function is a concept guys often don't get. Not everybody puts practicality first. Half the population is female, and they are mostly about looks. Of the half remaining many are obsessed with how they look and showing there wealth off. Many think they are actually women. What it boils down to is very few men do actually put function before looks.

I'm guilty of looking for a new car by how they look. I want to be able to run all electric, preferably with petrol backup, but many do that. Only how it looks separates them.

Them plastic panels need ditching. Something woven should replace them. Something with some screened venting to add a little detailing. Something that some will find desirable and think it has technical merit from it's use of up to date materials. Them sides look as expensive and modern as a yogurt pot in the pictures. When you look what you are buying only the front forks and display are desirable. The rear suspension is a negative at this price, and the rest is hidden. It's cheap looking really.

Back