• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum.
    Please see: Funding drive thread

GT i-drive 2.0 Build

i will try and get a picture today to show what i did,i even got my buddy to do it,i seem to be getting alot of wh more than him because i can peddle all the time.his is on a standard 3 sprocket crank mine is on a single,dont need 3 sprockets on my setup i have 11 tooth rear.i could peddle goin 40 easy but i found a 58 tooth. i go to a secured area and do emergency stops at 10 mph all the way up i do about 20 of them keeps me sharp like my old safety razors :twisted:

oh, you mount it on the inside! remember where you bought the chainring?

do you use rear deraileur? i don't. but i do use the front when i run out of juice and need to pedal - my only hesitation... but thanks for the pics!

...just rear derailer for me,for some reason i can adjust rear shifting derailers better.never had luck with fronts. i got my sprocket at a bike co-op here in town there were a ton of 55 tooth,mine was used but in good shape.hard to jump off a large sprocket large contact area to adjust to.im a hack really :D .

dbaker said:
Yea :)

Now I am wondering what kind of snow bike I will be running :?:

I have not been able to find any studded motorcycle tires (17 or 19 or 16") that can be used on the road. So I gotta go back to a 26 or 24 or 20 bicycle rim :roll:
just looked too... don't see much for ya.

why not go back to a 26"? a lot of studded tires to select there... or, remove your existing tire and get busy with your rivet gun... make sure to take good pictures though... :lol:

should be HD here.... a bit over-caffeinated at the start:
[youtube]FAKaYUvQaPM[/youtube]
i'd left work ten minutes early to try to hit the trails near the kids school. no bikes allowed. and i picked a damn steep path for my tires.

and wouldn't you know it, a flat! another parent took them to the park while I changed the tire in the park. the 20 minute operation is condensed to a minute here at 2000% playback speed. would be a lot quicker if it weren't for all those torque arms....

so CST Pro tire isnt good one due you had flat twice so far :roll:

Do you have the tire liner protection??

Maybe, you would prefer get set of Maxxis Hookworm tires and Lot of ES members said best tire ever but it cost fortune each tire.

chroot said:
so CST Pro tire isnt good one due you had flat twice so far :roll: Do you have the tire liner protection??
hey chroot. it's my FOURTH flat in two weeks! First was glass. (my CST rear is worn down. )Last three have been on the INSIDE of the tube, as if burrs of the spoke holes were poking tube THROUGH the existing standard rubber liner. My fault for not putting new liner like I said I would... was out of town this weekend. I should be carrying one with me for the next time! Or just do it tonight...

I'm a bit confused now though. Some liners seem to be for the outside of the tube, between the tube & tire, and others for between the tube and rim... I'd thought all were the latter, but started reading commments about protection in the dessert, which can only be for the outside of the tube...

Lovin that flat repair! Downhill tubes are thicker even on the inside (compared to thornless). Motorcycle tubes are also thicker. That was a major reason I went to moped tires. Dogman's stories are impressive. We might have it easy :)

Oh Gotcha, Lets put tire liner and see how it goes. Hopefully NONE happen flat your tires when you install the liner :D

GCinDC said:
My fault for not putting new liner like I said I would...

8) 8)

Loved the last 2 videos G! fixing the flat tyre in high speed looked amazing! for folks watching.. really worth watching these videos in 720p when posted and make them full screen or watch them on the TV.

Cheers for sharing G your videos are a great advert for ebikes and the gopro HD as well!! Friday tomorrow yippee!! the weekend is here again you got to throw in some more reverse CAM footage, its essential Friday night viewing now!!

Knoxie

Forgive me if you've already mentioned this, but what sort of watt-hours / mile are you typically getting?

It looks like it's quite flat, yet you certainly aren't concerned with conserving power :p (Staying safe in traffic is more important anyway).

veloman said:
what sort of watt-hours / mile are you typically getting?
hey veloman,

thought of you yesterday while wearing the yellow raingear. i could have sworn it was slowing me down!

anyway, to answer your question, i think more in terms of Amp hours than watt-hours. the way i typically ride, i use up about 1Ah per mile. :twisted:
less on the inbound commute because it's mostly downhill.

i realized i didn't have a good view of the CA lately so recorded this the other day. it shows the numbers pretty well. from a stop, i pull 50A and when i let off the throttle, regen kicks in and pumps -8A back in. i rarely watch it cause i'm busy watching the road, but here's a pretty boring (but fast) commute...
[youtube]Nd6CieC9xcc[/youtube]

here's another inbound run, which i've been recording but not posting because of dodgy quality. it's getting dark. the sun is in my eyes. and the commute can be laborious. there's not as much room to play. here are a couple scenes:
[youtube]nTw8gt67iAM[/youtube]

Nobody goes as fast for as little money as GC :D

You slowed for the dog walker on the sidewalk :? Have you hit/come close to any dogs?

That video was the best for the CA. More than once I saw 40mph at 30 amps or less. The regen is also shown really well. I saw minus 8 amps!

75wh/mile...... eeeek :shock:

But that's pretty much worst case senario for efficiency, racing through urban traffic at up to 43mph, lots of stops.

doc007 said:
how are those brake pads looking?
great question! thanks for asking. the camera and calipers mount to the same fork so the vibration is intense, but i think it's time for new ones in any case. they haven't been changed in a year, so it's gotta be soon... especially since the rear are vbrakes...

regen has been great. really missed it when i was running at 100V...

and i should add that the speedo is still a couple mph high. top speed is generally closer to 40, not 43...

hey knoxie, thanks for comments. i won't get another rear up tonight, but i've got one in the works for tomorrow night.

Hi G

Just watched the last 2 vids 8) so cool to see the CA and the fat amps you are pumping through that motor! pretty amazing and great to see regen in action as well. Looks like you are dropping a few volts on load there I would check your connectors as I know you have been melting them your pack was dropping quite low at times you will loose volts on those connections, still those speeds are amazing and the acceleration is great as well, again such an amazing commuting tool.

Its Friday night again and I am safely back home, I fitted my new fat tyres and new tubes last week, they are much better nice and smooth on the road even though they are off road tyres, the fatness makes for a nice comfy ride and they roll really even as well, no wobbles!

Thanks for sharing the vids, they are amazing!!

Knoxie

Hey GC,

How come you never ride in front of the White House anymore? Did the police tell you to never come back that way??? :shock:

Ambrose

ambroseliao said:
How come you never ride in front of the White House anymore? Did the police tell you to never come back that way??? :shock:
More or less. I think it was more of a mutual decision... haha. I never went through there full speed - Always felt I had to go slow.... I still cross there if I'm heading up Pennsylvania Ave. The whole area is crawling with cops anyway, and I think a bike cop started blowing a whistle after me. It could have been a hotel guy calling for a cab. But you know how cops are. I think they're getting my scent. I saw that look, you know, like 'wtf? you're not passing me like that. you're meat next time. we'll be waiting'...

Anyway, now that you're all more or less familiar with my route, this ought to be fun:
[youtube]xMry9XSH_vo[/youtube]

Back