Kawasaki KE100 conversion

Inspiring stuff, veloman. I'd love to see detail of your swingarm mounted Perm 132. I have a Perm 132 and the engine in my KE 100 self-destructed last year…

I just used a 1/4" plate of steel to attach it to the swingarm. I may have used a couple washers to help align the chain. The whole swingarm is flipped over too.

It's not easy, but it's been working for about 4000 miles so far. I feel road bumps a little more, but not a deal breaker.

The motor doesn't get as much cooling back there, as opposed to inside the frame behind the front wheel.

Attachments

• 20131257.JPG
    20131257.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Well I had to get a car for work and with that, it makes less sense to own a motorcycle too. I'm looking to find someone who is interested in either the whole complete bike, or bike minus battery, or bike minus battery/motor/controller. I may use the battery to make my Prius a plug in. I would prefer to deal in Austin, but could meet somewhere in central TX too. I'm open to offers but I was looking for around 1600 for the complete bike.

Very interesting build and nice bike! I would buy it from you if I was in the US.

I want to build a similar bike with a Motenergy motor ( this is what I have http://www.electricmotorsport.com/pmac-ss-me0201014201-pmac-motor-24-72v-6-hp-cont-19-hp-pk.html ) running at 72v . There is decent KE100 like yours locally that is selling cheap. Based on your experience, would you suggest using a KE100 as a donor bike or something else? I was thinking a yamaha 400 xs ( http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/Yamaha%20XS400%20sp%2080.jpg ) as an alternative.

I would just use the bike to commute to work (15-20km round trip) during the summer, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for the build. Max speed will be around 60mph, I would be happy with 50mph as I am not planning to go on highways.

I would say no, due to the horrible brakes and lacking suspension. But if you just want a cheap light donor and you don't weigh much, it can work.

Thanks BTW

i have taken up the ke100 challenge but this this time i will be using a hub motor . so far i have the donor bike and taken the engine out, it was seized anyway. yes the brakes and front suspension need an overhaul .

Back