la Nina rears her ugly head

The "OC" had a few dribbles overnight but seems less than the 1/4" predicted. Supposedly we'll be dry for the next week which is as far as the pundits look into the future.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Calm wind.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind.
M.L.King Day
Partly sunny, with a high near 69.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 66.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Well here we are dead Winter, weather forecast predicted 40 F this morning. The reality is it's 63 F and will get into the mid to high 70's today like most of the week. Glad it's a cold front with extreme weather across the country, Really!

don't know the total, but it drizzled off and on yesterday all day and a bit the night before, so everything is soaked at least an inch down into the ground in front and backyards, making the nongrassy areas mud slicks.

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Calm wind.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Calm wind.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 71.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 69.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 72.
:)

December was pretty good, but so far January has been abnormally dry here. We had quite a few drizzly days where the total was under 0.1" but only one storm that was over 1".

Winters in Minnesota. The low temps are 13 degrees F higher lows than previously recorded.
Nearly everyday this winter has been rideable on clear streets.

Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 29. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday
Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 52. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Areas of frost after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 27. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday
Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 37. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 65.
Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 41.
Friday
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 45.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Monday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=SGX&issuedby=SGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

The moisture will be heading south this time, nothing expected in my area for at least two weeks.
I'm going to have to start watering some plants in the yard soon.

was supposed to rain today, forecast suddenly changed this morning to clear and sunny, but the temperature forecast was actually lower than it would've been with the rain (and it did end up being lower, at around 61f iirc).

we still got the wind; it's still gusty and breezy, and it's a little above 40f right now out there. (nice and warm in here,under the three dogs surrounding me on the bed, though).

supposed to get down almost to or actually to freezing the next two or three nights.

so i have a 100w incandescent light bulb under the trike to let the heat rise into the battery compartment (since i cant' find my heating pads anywhere...have a feeling they might be hiding in bits around the yard :( ), to keep the battery warmer than freezing, just in case.

tomjasz said:
Winters in Minnesota. The low temps are 13 degrees F higher lows than previously recorded.
Nearly everyday this winter has been rideable on clear streets.
What part of mn you in? I've been in Minneapolis a lot and it has been nice here but where i live in central mn it has been very cold, negative 16 degrees. January was unusually warm though.

The streets in the twin cities are clear but in Osakis where i live, the roads have been pretty iced over since November. I run studs in my gas moped. But mostly I've just been running the snowmobile.

don't know the actual temperature but it got cold enough long enough last night to freeze the dogs' pool
https://www.google.com/search?q=crabbie+sandbox&tbm=isch
solid down about a finger's thickness (more than a 1/4", less than 1/2"?).

rest is over in teh trike thread.
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&p=1527670#p1527670

48F on Sunday, February in Minnesota. Dry and clear streets. No sub zero days this winter. Weird.

The fingers said:
Our low temperature last night at 3:58am was 19 degrees F. Record low from 1913 is 18 degrees F. :oops:
Reversed temps! WOW!

Back