la Nina rears her ugly head

no freezing last nigth but is only like 51f right now out back. deer valley airport is only 46f atm, a few miles north east of me.

forecast says it's supposed to be sunny out there, but it is absolutely not...gloomy and almost rainlike is what i'd call it, out to the horizon in all directions from my house. doesnt' feel like rain, but lots of areas of sky *look* like it.

Saturday Night
A slight chance of showers after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Sunday
A chance of showers, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Wednesday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ2vMF1hyng&feature=youtu.be

Huge Kona Low off of the Hawiian Islands, could affect the storm next week.
https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-rb.html

68F and sunny here. Feels like spring. Almost all the mud had dried out now and the hills are starting to turn brown again. Where's that atmospheric river when you want it?

raining here for the last several hours (since right before i left work), some drizzling, but mostly actually raining lightly. already have a lake out in the streetcorner, some decent puddles in teh backyard in the dirt areas packed hard by the dogs running around. by morning it'll probably be very squishy mud, "fun" :roll: to try to ride the trike thru to get from the shed to the gate to go to work.

supposed to get between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of rain tonight, and up to another 1/4 inch tomorrow.

Amberwolf your city has no storm drainage :shock:
We hit the lower 80's couple of days ago is this not Feb.
Our weather is more like May, above average temps for a few days then back to normal temp for a day or two.
One thing we are short on is water in the ground, we get a rain but it is more like a mist and nothing in the rain gauge.

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 65. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Calm wind.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 69.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Washington's Birthday
Sunny, with a high near 67.

Might get back up into the 70’s middle of next week. :)

ZeroEm said:
Amberwolf your city has no storm drainage :shock:
:?

not sure what you mean? because phoenix definitely does. (quite a lot was built after the late-1980's floods)

it's not enough to handle some of the really sudden big flash floods very quickly in certain areas, but those are generally rare enough that it works for most storms.

All that pineapple moisture for an atmospheric river is bottled up in the Kona low seen here:
https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/tpac/h5-loop-rb.html
Blocking high pressure protecting the mainland from ocean storms which are being forced to ride up and over. :x

-18F today and in 4 days predicted 40F. Weird!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIMYYz0J5M4&feature=youtu.be
:(
Detailed Forecast
Washington's Birthday
Sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 47. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 75.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 47.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 72.
Friday Night
A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Saturday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
Saturday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.

Normally this is the rainiest time of year but I've only had about 1.5" since January. I had to turn my irrigation system back on to keep the plants alive. I washed all the mud off my bikes but even that didn't bring any rain. The trails are totally dried out now, so at least riding is nice. Temps in the low 70s on many days too and even the lizards are out.

been raining since around when t got light outside, maybe before. some heavy, mostly drizzle, but going on so long there's over an inch in the various previously-empty buckets and whatnot outside, and a good lake in the street at the corner in front.

expected to continue thru the night sometime, so i won't have to water this week, or next, at least.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************* :)

Back