la Nina rears her ugly head

Detailed Forecast
Today
A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Thursday
A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Thursday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 58. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday
A slight chance of showers before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night
A slight chance of showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Sunday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
Tuesday
Showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.

eonoug h rain last night and today so far that the yard is so soggy all the non-grass areas (where the dogs run and play) are bogs. if i hadn't laid out big swaths of cardboard there, they'd be untraversable. as it is, there are pawshaped dents in the cardboard that sink in almost half an inch; the thinnest cardboard has holes in it instead. pretty sure these are from jelly doing her locomotive runs, where she imitates the bullet trains in various loops around the yard until she finally runs out of breath (it takes a few minutes each time).

but i knew it was coming, so laid that down...it also will let me get the trike out of the yard friday when i go back to work (this is my "weekend")...without doing this the trike would sink into the mud beyond my ability to get it out until it dried up. :/

(i've been doing this for quite a while now, and when the cardboard is too torn up to be useful, i run it over with the lawnmower to mulch it, and then the dogs trample it into the ground further, so it slowly makes better soil with more fibers/etc in it, and the soil gets less and slick and boglike over time. eventually it migth even be able to grow grass in some of the areas, if i can keep the dogs from trampling every blade that sprouts on those paths. :lol:

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
*********************************************************************** :)

heavy pea to hazelnut sized hail for more than ten minutes a bit after midday at work today. heavy rain and thunderstorms after that for a couple hours, then cleared up until shortly after i got home from work, and it's been raining since then, sometimes heavy sometimes drizzle.

Not a tremendous volume, but it's been raining on and off for the last three or four days in socal, and is projected to continue for another four or so. This after nothing appreciable in February.

at my house there was about an inch of rain yesterday thru last night, dunno what the "official" amount is. so we've had something close to two inches in the last few days.

more going to be coming in a few days (probably starting tuesday).

all the mulberries have already begun making flowers and are mostly leafed-out, very quickly greening up.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Monday
A slight chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday Night
Rain likely before 11pm, then showers likely after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tuesday
A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Wednesday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 65.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
Saturday
A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 68.
Saturday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Sunday
A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

Actually got a little over the weekend. Too dark to read the gauge but looks around 1/2" since Saturday. I went riding yesterday and the ground was damp but not muddy anywhere. Perfect riding conditions.

MN weather has allowed ice and snow free riding most of the winter. 40F-50F for the rest of March expected.
WEIRD.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************* :)

Pretty good rain for socal on and off for the past 10 or so hours. Supposed to keep up for at least a week. Really impinging on riding especially when that's the only reason to leave the house.

La Niña Rain Gage
********************************************************************** :)

La Niña Rain Gage
************************************************************ :)

Detailed Forecast
Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 68. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Tuesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Wednesday
A slight chance of showers after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 66.

El Niño Rain Gage
************************************************************************** :D

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php

Back