lee Iacocca Emonster transformation

Blackssr said:
triggeraa said:
Just picked up a never used 2004 36V SX Model today. :D Attached are some picks I took while I picked up my son from school. Already ordered some 2.3 tires, Easton riser bars and stem. Waiting for HK to replenish stock on some 6S packs. Going to 48V on stock motor.

DSCN0759Large_zps43f24a9a.jpg

DSCN0765Large_zpsa8defaba.jpg

DSCN0760Large_zpse86f69a9.jpg

DSCN0758Large_zps3e2d6128.jpg

DSCN0761Large_zps6596eecb.jpg

DSCN0762Large_zpsc5abca65.jpg

DSCN0764Large_zpsacc36fdd.jpg

DSCN0769Large_zps943e1ca0.jpg

Any updates on your retrofit?

I stripped down and replaced the tires (Continental 2.3s), stem (husselfet), handlebars (Ritchey), seat post (Race Face), seat (WTB), light (front/back) and pedals. Bike is down to 52 lbs. :) Installed the new LB37 48V controller and 48V twist throttle. The front light is a battery operated 53 LED that provides plenty of light without sucking power from the battery. Waiting on HK lipo (out of stock). Some pics of the progress below.

DSCN0910Large_zps9882810e.jpg

DSCN0888Large_zps23fc1174.jpg

DSCN0895Large_zps42771a23.jpg

DSCN0905Large_zpsf865ede2.jpg

DSCN0903Large_zps7c8a1489.jpg

DSCN0901Large_zps46f29e82.jpg

DSCN0897Large_zpsffbf35fd.jpg

DSCN0894Large_zps620ceeec.jpg

DSCN0889Large_zps49953eed.jpg

Some pics of initial strip down. Original Kenda 1.95 tires weighed 1,797g.(pair), new Continentals 2.3 weighed 1,480g. Removing original battery box saved 1,192g.

DSCN0818_zps16f5dc16.jpg

DSCN0790_zpsb839151e.jpg

DSCN0792_zps977a59dc.jpg

DSCN0787_zps4593975f.jpg

DSCN0783_zps0763f3bb.jpg

Hooboy, nekkid pictures!

So I really would like to build an a123 pack with 48v13ah with original 36v parts on this bike. So far i know i need a123 cells, shrink wrap, ring terminals, welding cable, battery bar, balance connector, some type of connector to fit snug in the ebike terminal, a signalab bms, and some type of charger
(still don't know what type of charger). Is my parts list accurate or am i missing something?

So I've been running 15S2P for the last couple weeks. Been hitting local trails and some street. Took some big jumps and has handled pretty well. I did hit one long jump that kept the throttle open while in flight and the rear hub did not like that landing. Might have damaged a tooth on a gear. Making a slight clunking sound on hard acceleration. Still runs great other than than slight gear noise. Just in case I ordered a yescomusa 1000w kit. Got it today. :) Might install it this weekend.

IMG01695 (Large) (Medium).jpg

IMG01698 (Large).jpg

Installed kit yesterday. Made some steel torque arms. Kept the twist throttle and wired in an on/off switch in place of the thumb throttles kill switch. Assemble a second pack to 15S3P -15AH. Ordered a 46T chainring. Took it for a shakedown run and gpsd 33mph going up the street (night). Still had more to go. The stock Heinzmann over-volted to 15S had more torque and was faster off the line. The yescome has more mid/upper rpm power. I do notice the added pedal effort due to the lack of freewheel as opposed the the geared hub. The yescome weighs 4.5lbs. more than the Heinzmann.

DSCN1070 (Large) (Medium).JPG

Went to Home Depot and bought more supplies. Time to make some battery compartment covers. I cut off the left side cage to make the space even with the right side. Added new flush supports. Cut off any hanger tabs for the old plastic covers. Padded the inside of the battery box with vinyl backed corrugated board. Cut galvanized sheet metal and covered it in carbon fiber wrap. Still working on it. Finished one side and test fitted the battery pack. Nice and snug. Fitted a 15S3P pack with space left over.

DSCN0864 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1077 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1078 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1079 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1080 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG

Looking good. Would having the controller outside make it hard to drive in the rain? How much you payed for the 46t chainring?

ftanka0 said:
Would having the controller outside make it hard to drive in the rain?

3528587158_98a87fa9fc.jpg

ftanka0 said:
Looking good. Would having the controller outside make it hard to drive in the rain? How much you payed for the 46t chainring?

You would have to water proof it. Silicone all openings and entrance into the battery box. Should not be hard to accomplish.

Is 46T the largest chainring that would fit without hitting the chainstays, or is that just the size you liked?

Looks awesome, you might consider a Thudbuster seat-post. I like mine.

The 46 will not fit the plastic case and chain guard. I do not plan on using the plastics. I believe I can fit a larger chain ring. I liked the 46T as middle of the road gear. The 46T was like $18.00 on ebay. We will see how sturdy it is.

Cleaned it up some. Installed last panel, on/off switch, head light, camera mount & rear view mirror. Painted battery box and controller black. Added GPS (35 mph). Rides nice and solid. Final weight with out battery pack is 60 lbs. Battery weight is 8.6 lbs. (15S2P).
DSCN1093 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1095 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1104 (Medium).JPG

DSCN1105 (Medium).JPG

Added rear disk brake kit and another 3 packs of 5S for a total of 15S3P. Waiting on new controller and going 20S2P. I've had about 3 flat (pinch) in the last month jumping off stuff. Need thicker tubes. Slime tubes are great for punctures but not very thick. Running max psi.

IMG01831 (Medium).jpg
IMG01830 (Medium).jpg
IMG01832 (Medium).jpg

i have question for you evg global owners. While crossing a bridge here in nyc at full throttle, the bike made a beeping sound just like the kind it makes when you switch the bike on. What is it indicating me? controller too hot?

triggeraa said:
Added rear disk brake kit and another 3 packs of 5S for a total of 15S3P. Waiting on new controller and going 20S2P. I've had about 3 flat (pinch) in the last month jumping off stuff. Need thicker tubes. Slime tubes are great for punctures but not very thick. Running max psi.

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

also, what range are you getting with the 15s3p?

Do not know range yet as I have not rode for long periods. I usually ride trails, jumps, stairs multiple time is same location. Going up steep hills and stairs eats up ah pretty quickly. Have not taken my gps with me lately.

HI Guys,

I recently bought an EVGLOBAL 36v SX model. I could not handle the noise of the Heinzmann so opted for a 48 volt 1000w conversion. It is a dillenger kit from over here in Aussieland. This is so much quieter. I have noticed a funny vibration when I am going up a very steep hill and was wondering if maybe I need a torque arm perhaps. I have read through the earlier posts and only noted one reference to one being used with the 1000w conversion.
Is it necessary? I noticed the old Heinamann 500w had one.
I have also found the gearing useless. Would I notice much difference going from a 39T chainring to a 42T? I would rather not do any surgery on the plastic casing but if I need to go to 46T then I will just have to do it. I am only riding on a cycleway so no off road stuff at all.

Cheers,
Tony

I got my answer. thanks guys.

Back