Low speed test and joy ride Oregon City to Milwaukie Oregon!

LI-ghtcycle

10 MW
So I needed to take a trip to Harbor Freight (about 9 miles away) and I wanted to see how the E-Zilla performed at low speeds (it performed fine, but my butt however went to sleep in the first hour! :oops: :lol: ).

Here are some pics of the trip!

I decided to take a detour through Gladstone, and realized that the new "Trolley Trail" was connected to a route going through the town, so I could avoid the congested road and tire killing debris of McLoughlin Road (or hwy 99, the main route to Milwaukie)!! :mrgreen:

This is the River Trail that follows the Clackamas River, very pleasant and shady on a warm day!

I love going slow on these multi-use paths and greeting people as I go. :)

After passing through Gladstone, I got onto the Trolley Trail (converted historic route to bike path) it starts as what appears to just be an elevated sidewalk at the North end of Gladstone and becomes a very nice path in quiet residential area!)

On my way home I came upon a gas bike! :twisted:

Unfortunately, I had just come back from Milwaukie, with power running low AND I was doing a no-pedal "Ultra E-Mile" test, so I didn't want to skew my results chasing him down and proving E-Bikes can hold their own, and instead I stopped by the End of the Oregon Trail site:

There is a park on the way to the River Trail that I stopped to take a few pics at and chat with passersby:

And now back at the shop, with my test results! (no pedaling, the BB spindle is shot anyway so I cannot pedal currently :( )

Thanks for reading! Off to work! :D

Lot to be said for a long slow cruise on a beautiful summer day.
Bike looks like a fun ride, and the trail looks terrific.

Looks nice and mellow.

The third picture has me wondering if the local planning department has it out for Cyclists.
2 large rocks on the sides, a metal pole in the middle of the trail and some crazy front tire grabbing drain cover on the ditch. Ouch!
What were they thinking, I guess to keep cars off? looks like they could just drive around them if so inclined.
Nutty :shock:

Paladin said:
Looks nice and mellow.

The third picture has me wondering if the local planning department has it out for Cyclists.
2 large rocks on the sides, a metal pole in the middle of the trail and some crazy front tire grabbing drain cover on the ditch. Ouch!
What were they thinking, I guess to keep cars off? looks like they could just drive around them if so inclined.
Nutty :shock:

Yeah, pretty funny, as if you couldn't drive around it, maybe it's just to full-fill some ordinance? :?

Yeah, it was a great day for a ride! The seat isn't terrible, just not as cumfy as my recumbent, but that's just more incentive to get it back on the road! :mrgreen:

I've been thinking it would be great to get folks together for some rides in the greater Portland area, would be great to put some faces to names here!

We even have a Cruising Cooler!

61m1nJd9ybL._SL1000_.jpg

Which would come in handy for when we take a rest break 8) .

Hehe, ya I should be better at getting someone to take some pics of me with the bike, I am close to getting the rebuilt version of the bike done, hopefully tomorrow or Wed. it should be one the road, just have some minor to the design, and annoying things like fender re-fitting that will eat a lot of time, but well worth it in the end! :D

Back