Modded Milwaukee V28's not charging

Parker

10 W
Three of my five remaining battery packs are now failing to charge. I get the flashing red light when I put them in the charger. The icons on the charger indicate that the flashing red light is a temperature/ too hot indication but, in my experience the past few weeks in the hot Virginia summer(and from what I've read here) the red/green alternating flashing is what indicates too high of a temperature. Two packs started this today :( . The one pack that started doing this a week ago has not started working again, except for one odd occasion where it was about to charge from 3 to 4 indicator lights. So less than 95% of the time I've tried it, it hasn't worked. The two that stopped working today are drained low. I have the LVC set for 48V so they should be OK. Obviously because of the missing case and the BMS avoiding discharge wires the warranty is no longer valid. I feel confidence the cells are fine. I tested the cells in the pack that started doing this early and they all read 3.9/4.0. I haven't tested the ones that started today. I'm thinking I need an alternate BMS and charging system for these batteries. Either that or sell them off. Speaking of selling them selling them off if anyone is interested in the BMS from my definitively dead pack I'll send it to you for shipping plus whatever you think is fair. I know people here are building BMSs of different types and if dissecting this one can help I would be glad to be able to contribute.

Back