My e-ride XPe: Chinese Sailing Ship?

Oopsy. Looks like one of my two packs was in the off position. So cold hasn't dropped them that much.

On another note. e-ride.ca uses tire sizing from the road surface to the road surface. So the rim is 12" the tire makes it 16. Don't buy industry standard 16" wheels or tubes. They won't fit.

Another G$%^&#% $%& #$%&# $%& FLAT !!!!!

ARGHHHH It was a damn 2" NAIL.
It went in through tire, hit rim, bent and punctured the tire coming out.
4 holes in total. The patch Job(done in the freezing cold) lasted JUST long enough to get me home, literally. It went flat again half a block from the house.

Ah ha ha ha!
Poor Lessss!

Next thing you'll be filling your tires with solid rubber and somehow that'll get destroyed also...

Forgot to mention. when the tire went flat I was in a turn. Since it didn't slowly deflate but blew out, it spilled the bike. I have a nice set of gouges on the front plastic shell.

Here is the #$%#$%@#% I pulled out of the tire.

nailgj0.jpg

Here are the nice scrapes as a result
1lh1.png

Apparently a chunk of the shell went flying as well. Never noticed till I took the pics
2pf0.png

3oj8.png

I even scraped the end of the handlebar,
4bu8.png

Here is the 1st of the three tubes I have used up in the last 5 1/2 months. 10 patches on this 1st tube alone.
5mh4.png

Still waiting on the kevlar belts. Had to put bike together and use it. Guess what?

You guessed it, anothert FLAT.

#$%^ this thing is parked until those belts get here.

Belts arrived, as did a new Tire Tube and sprocket for the My1020 motor

motormountgh4.png

The 10 tooth sprocket won't fit the Chain. Sigh. The rods I picked up fit the mounting holes. I'll bend the rods put the ends through the plate on the bike and that's how it'll mount.

Bought 1 tire 16" and it's too big, bought another 14" and it's too small. Looks like a trip back to the store for refunds.
tyrevn0.png

Inner tube fits however. I put the Mr Tuffy and kevlar belts in and used the old tire.

The bike is back in operation. Lets see how long it stays that way.

Anyone have a 9 tooth 10 MM Dual DBore sprocket laying about?

Bike still working, but I have noticed a bit of a small vibration. I think the tire isn't balanced properly.

I'll have to deflate the tube and try to center it better.

Took the bike out this morning. The back break isn't working because the cable is FROZEN inside the plastic housing of the cable itself.

Battery performance was horrendous. SLA

Still working. no flats.

The 2nd motor is still not mounted. I bent one of the bars in preparation and it snapped. I'll have to retink how to mount it.

Looking at the current models offered by Luyuan. Looks like they moved away from torque arms(more evidence I got an old demo?).

Lessss, I feel for you. Not that it helps you but not all of these style scooters are so troublesome I have a brushed one that takes standard 16" bike tyres has regen and a 500 watt motor and the only issue in 2 1/2 years was when I melted a bypass relay I fitted myself, accidently held down the switch with the brakes on (the switch bypasses the brake cutout). :oops:
Probally the other main difference is that mine weighs around 40 kg or a bit under.
Mine is not in constant use though and the electronics are up under the front fairing at the top.
I like the heat sink idea as I have some nasty climbs upto my house and the motor is very hot when I get home, I usually sit a fan blowing onto it as soon as I get home. I will check out what heatsinks are laying around at work.
The cover idea would probally reduce current consumption if you put a polycarbonate windscreen from the fairing to the roof as it will smooth the airflow.
Keep up the documentation of your scooters escapades.

Ps. You need to work out how to get a blog of your troubles to come up in a Google search for the supplier of your scooter and the brand of the scooter, they might suddenly become more helpfull.

Just read this whole thread, you poor bastard Lessss! Hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction, but it sounds like you might be polishing a turd...

Hey Garry, how many kms you got on your scooter mate?

...you might be polishing a turd...

with a crowbar!
Right lemmiwinks? :)

I love aussie-speak. It's so full of clever, colorful colloquialisms, though the words are english, a translator is almost needed for a foreigner like me to understand it.

xyster said:
with a crowbar!
Right lemmiwinks? :)

ROFL. Yep, that's it mate. Should we take the ute to get a carton of tinnies while we're at it? Maybe grab a couple of sangas and head to the beach? Don't forget your thongs though. :lol: :lol:

Should we take the ute to get a carton of tinnies while we're at it? Maybe grab a couple of sangas and head to the beach? Don't forget your thongs though.

:) Ok, I'll try to cold-translate (no google research) as best I can.

Should we take the ute to get a carton of tinnies while we're at it?
Should we take the SUV to get a carton of tin-foil-wrapped fast-food desert items while we're at it?
Maybe grab a couple of sangas and head to the beach?
Maybe grab a couple of sangrias and head to the beach?
Don't forget your thongs though.
Ha! Thongs are thongs here too...both the kind you wear on your feet, and thong bikinis...

Oregon red-neck hick-speak test:
"Gonna take me a dip of chaw and book to the co-op after I'm done pulling green chain"

Did a little more research with the actual manufacturer not the company that sold it to me. The serial number is from a batch produced back in 2002. So the bike is four years old. My guess is a 4 year old demo unit.
It's ok though I did jump into this as a learning experience.

Now learning about importing and shipping is even more fun!

xyster said:
:) Ok, I'll try to cold-translate (no google research) as best I can.

Should we take the SUV to get a carton of tin-foil-wrapped fast-food desert items while we're at it?

Not bad, think more like pickup than SUV though. And tinnies = cans of beer, though in truth everyone buys cartons of stubbies. Some people also call them slabs, but I prefer the term carton.

Maybe grab a couple of sangrias and head to the beach?

Sangas = sandwiches :wink:

Ha! Thongs are thongs here too...both the kind you wear on your feet, and thong bikinis...

Ah, I was sure I'd get you on that one! :D We call the clothing version a G string (though it doesnt bear much resemblance to the letter g as far as I can tell, string definetly, but g no).

Oregon red-neck hick-speak test:
"Gonna take me a dip of chaw and book to the co-op after I'm done pulling green chain"

Oh you win. I think a dip of chaw = chewing tobacco, not sure about book, possibly cheque book, I know what a co-op is, kind of a rural supplies store but pulling green chain? The mind boggles :lol:

Oh you win. I think a dip of chaw = chewing tobacco, not sure about book, possibly cheque book, I know what a co-op is, kind of a rural supplies store but pulling green chain? The mind boggles

=
"After I'm done at work pulling chains used for hauling timber out of the way of stumps and other deep-forest obstructions, I plan to enjoy a pinch of chewing tobacco, and then travel swiftly to the rural supply store."

You were pretty close! And we both supposedly speak fluent English!
:)
I think I know, and can properly employ in conversation, fewer than 1/4 of all English words and phrases in common usage. That doesn't sound too fluent to me!

lemmiwinks said:
Just read this whole thread, you poor bastard Lessss! Hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction, but it sounds like you might be polishing a turd...

Hey Garry, how many kms you got on your scooter mate?

No odometer, so at a conservative guess 2,000 km, as I said it doesn't get a lot of use.
And a return question for you, hows the EVT treating you?

Geebee said:
No odometer, so at a conservative guess 2,000 km, as I said it doesn't get a lot of use.
And a return question for you, hows the EVT treating you?

The EVT is treating me very well, thanks for asking. It rolled over 2000 EVT units (aka 1900km) last week. I don't think it should need it, but when it's showing 2200 EVT units (or 2000km) I might pop open the motor and investigate the level of brush dust (if any) inside there. Better safe than sorry.

Storing the bike outside in an unheated baby barn where I charge it is starting to show an issue. The batteries thaw while at work(inside bike storage area) and I charge as soon as I get home. Seems the batteries are only getting about an 60-80% charge due to the cold. Will have to start bringing the battery pack indoors to charge. Prblem is the second battery pack isn't a pack at all and needs to be on the bike to charge so I will have to make a connector for them to charge off the bike.

Man I could really use some handlebar fairings to keep the cold off my hands. Even mittens don't keep my thumbs from getting cold.

Aerowhatt and a few others used this approach. He found a type of rubber mat heating element that went against the batteries. The batteries were also insulated a bit. The heater was 120v, fairly low wattage, and was only plugged in while charging. The batteries stayed warm for a long time after unplugging due to their thermal mass.

The maximum temperature would need to be carefully controlled. Too hot would be bad. Some kind of thermostat would be good. For long term storage, you unplug the heater.

Back