My solar-assisted custom tricycle FOLLIES

I just thought I'd mention I'm a grand parent. Only took about 70 years to do so. :pancake: creeh ending.jpgwoody.jpgmomentary waterfall.jpgsea dog.jpg
the trike has two googlies once more. :D

typings' become a chore... so I try to limit that.

It's not that I don't look around but...these eyes.jpg
I've lived in this area for a dozen years or so and was amused by the fact I hadn't seen many reptiles (as in none) except hearing a rattlesnake (something you never forget once you've heard/seen one) when suddenly something appears:
wut the.jpg
LIZARDS
dragon eats catapilla.jpglizard sunning.jpg
hahahaha I've no idea what they are other than smallish lizards.

I tryed (and failed) at taking pictures of astro stuff. I did fiqure out that one cannot use a bluetooth remote when connected to an external HDMI monitor with the Nikon P1000. So here's a bad pic of Jupitor and some of it's moons:View attachment 2

speaking of moons it's about the only thing in the sky I can take a picture of:occasional moon pic.jpg

mentions etrikes... :pancake:

We took a look-see at Jupiter the other night, but with my good binoculars buried in the garage someplace all we saw was the cross-eyed seven power version. Another night the full moon was spectacular though. 8)

The fingers said:
We took a look-see at Jupiter the other night, but with my good binoculars buried in the garage someplace all we saw was the cross-eyed seven power version. Another night the full moon was spectacular though. 8)
haha been there.
When I decided to move into a MotorHome I left the telescope behind, but I did take some binoculars to help navigate poorly signed towns in CA. Just with the two cameras I stopped carrying
the binoculars.
Both Nikons are "point and shoot" cameras on steroids. The only issue being their smallish field of view.
By the time a I get a camera locked down on a shot of some planet, the planet's moved out of the shot! (zooms across the lens in a matter of seconds)sticky.jpgmoar wilds.jpgBut plants don't move too fast

oh
oh
oh
I actually had to fix something on the 'other' trike.
Seems I forgot that when I assembled the fork the local hardware store didn't have locknuts in stock, so I went ahead with not even using lock washers thinking I'd soon replace nuts and bolts... and then I forgot about it.
So here we be. Many years later one of the bolts loosened and the motor wheel started rubbing on the SUPER EFFECTIVE springer fork.looosely.jpgthis was fine.jpg
Easy fix, just has to remember to buy nuts and bolts to replace these.
Oh, and my brake pads need replacing after 'X' amount of years (feel free to go back in time in This Thread to see when I put this fork together)View attachment 3

Photos mainly from the seat of the googly-eyed trike

-quivers with excitement, anticipation or probably something else :pancake: .4th of july.jpgblackberry spider.jpgmixed vegitation.jpgprom date flower.jpgred ee.jpg
note: all vegetation pics were taken in the semi-wild, as I start to doubt their origins.

I'm made to realize most my bike-building pics were lost in a 'flash'.
Nothing changes
because everything changes everythingcontrasting image.jpgfeels bad.jpgtentacles.jpgwild flowers emerge probible berry.jpg

Changed my RGB side LED strips into turn signals. They do catch drivers attention,
unlike the handle barend turn signals... and am in the process of adding a lower
level 'dream chaser' LED RGB strip.
Just waiting on cool new buck converters with built-in volt-amp-watt meters for
the dream chasers thingies.
alien lifeform.jpgclose up 175 feet distance.jpgsentinals at play.jpgweed wins.jpg

Just received those cool (somewhat) dc-dc buck converters which include a volt/amp/watt meter and
are just a tad bigger than 1/2 the size of the buck converter they're replacing.

Since some assembly is required Ol' Shakey's not quite as enthused about them. :pancake: dc dc with volt amp watt meter label.jpgdc dc with volt amp watt meter2 kit form.jpgdc dc with volt amp watt meter1.jpgand they stand there.jpg

Just noticed a new weed that mimics dandelions (not so much)new weed in town.jpg

and lastly I can't say enough about how unreliable a certain amazing on-line store is for sharing accurate information about their products.
My HD portable monitor was listed at being able to work for 3 hours with it's on-board battery. Reality = 15 minutes, so I mounted a 4s hardcase 5000ma battery in a bag to get an actual three hours.velcro touch.jpg
in da bag.jpg

I had a weird experience recently, where I had a bill I never knew about turned over to a collection agency.
Whilst attempting to verify the bill was real, I had to sit through three different service operators and by the third operator my patience worn (very) thin and I used the word 'damn' where the operator immediately admonished my use of the english language (some would say 'french') and said I should be more professional. HUH? I'm not being paid to sit through these discussions and the only 'professional' was the person I was speaking with.
In the end I never got my question answered and had to travel to the local brick store to get my question resolved.
Indeed I hadn't paid a bill (supposedly) so I paid the collection agency, only to review my CC for that that period that showed I HAD paid the bill a year previous. :roll:
Although I'm out a few $, I give up and will not contact these bozos again.another new to me weed.jpgeating out.jpgrainy afternoon.jpgreverse sunset.jpgstar showing.jpgstill life.jpg

I actually have nothing to add about my trikes, other then they meet all my needs for transporation.
In fact I didn't bother with renewing my driver's license some years ago, as I no longer own a car.

When it comes to carrying cargo, delta trikes FTW! I carry 20kg of battery per trike for powering motors and about 1k of (mainly) RGB LEDs on googly-eyed trike, leaving about an additional 100kg
capacity for cargo (besides meself, as I'm already counted as part of the trike).
One thing currently bothering me is spoke damage on non-googly-eyed trike. Five years past I re-
placed the rear wheels because of corrosion issues for $70 from some amazing online outlet. Other outlets sold the same wheels for about the same prices, but no longer. I could only find one online store that advertised 20" hollow hub wheels, one for $80 (made by the same manufacturer as the previous replacement wheels bought earlier).
What difference a half a decade makes!
And I did find it funny that Sun apparently just slapped on 24" wheels on their trikes designed for 20" wheels.
Ebay had some sellers with the wrong hub diameter (5/8" vs. 15mm)
-and I refuse to use ebay anything anyways.
A few years ago all my offspingers came out to visit, which was nice for me.
[quote = Fred MacMurray's ghost] My Thee Sons[/quote = Fred MacMurray's ghost]
(and a daughter) visited mitout spouses etc. A few weeks ago my favorite daughter and her husband made the trip here. While they were here it rained the whole time, stopping immediately after they left!
Maybe they should visit more often, as wildfires (again) makes air quality difficult to deal with.
Whales refused to visit. Birds of all types, while not completely disappearing, were scarce and insects and Myriapoda have also been hardly seen by me. I haven't spotteda snail for several years.
Makes one wonder...
...although I normally blame things on the googly-eyed trike this time I
"Blame It on the Bossa Nova" duh da dat, dat
(no pics)

still kicking
I've been isolating myself for about 12 years or so, so this stage is nothing new to me.
I live in a politically corrupt area, filled with non-believers and pro-lifers whom do not respect the lives of others. Traffic is still heavy with people doing something? Lots of non-essential business still doing business. Ho-hum
As usual, hypocrites all.
A mystery appears:
I've been forced to use win 10 for quite a while now. On-line it was slower than win98 on dial-up!. Just when I was getting tired of waiting 15 minutes or so for any site to load I decided to search for speedup tips. I failed to implement any suggestions as I went to bed (turning off the computer first). The next time I used the computer it ran as fast as I assumed it should have all along.
Why?
It's a mystery.
I really have nothing to say about my trikes. They work just like I intended them to and, other then the right eye falling off (The Moldy One) and not wanting to hazard entering a store to replace my dried-out glues, that eye might go missing a long, long time (like the time between my posts)derp.jpgnot allergic to apples but I am.jpgwut.jpgsurvival of windstorms.jpg

I read lots of ill-conceived quips about those 'awful'
Hobbyking LiPo battery packs.
As usual, I don't concur.
I've been using HK packs since 2011 and have had no appreciable issues
with their quality.
I've been the cause of the very few failures I experienced
due to the fact I spent some time testing LiCo limits of operation.
My Current Battery Packs (CBP) are made up of 6S 16Ah Multistar,
3S 5.8Ah nano and 4S 5Ah hardcase and all these battery packs are over
5 years old with some of the 4S hardcase and all the 3S nano packs over
7 years old!!! (multiple exclamation points FTW)
- and they are all functional for my needs and still in daily operation.

...how is this possible you might ask??

answers with:
I over- capacitied (a new werd) all my (self-made) packs for
about 4 times my anticipated battery needs. I could, should I desire,
ride my trikes all day long needing no recharge, AND if I should continue
to ride all night I only need to exchange my duplicate
battery packs!!! (multiple exclamation points FTW,,,, again because i likes
redundacies!!!) (like multiple battery packs)

That's Right I Could Ride
"All DAY ...and All of the NIGHT "
(apologizes to the Davies of the world)
BUT
I better KNOCK (bang-bang-bang-bang) on WOOD oooooooooooobaby.

Donna wanna jinx my HK luck (which I actually don't believe in)
(luck, that is...)rocks on.jpg :pancake:

ddk said:
.... leaving about an additional 100kg
capacity for cargo (besides meself, as I'm already counted as part of the trike).
Welp, I makes mistake. That is I calculated in "pounds" not "kilograms" therefore the carrying capacity of googly-eyed trike is only 100 pounds over and above all the rest of the junk it carry's ('m considered junk in this analysis)
Yesterday I carried 9 cases of tasty beverage home and came close to googly-eyed trike's limits (which is mainly set by it's tire/wheel limits).
I used more than twice the amount of power to come back from the store (closer to 3x)

-but now I has food and drink for the next month and a half!my other trike part 2.jpgthistle thashal.jpg :pancake:

If it's mostly the tires limiting you, and you *need* the extra capacity, you could change to lightweight moped tires, like the Shinko SR714's I'm using, whcih are 2.5" x 16" so will fit typical 20" bike rims--they are quite a bit wider and a bit taller, so they don't fit every frame. YOu'd want to use thicker moped tubes, too.

But they let me carry 350lbs+ grocery loads on SB Cruiser (plus it's own weight and mine, so it starts out at something like 500lbs before loading it up).

amberwolf said:
If it's mostly the tires limiting you, and you *need* the extra capacity, you could change to lightweight moped tires, like the Shinko SR714's I'm using, whcih are 2.5" x 16" so will fit typical 20" bike rims--they are quite a bit wider and a bit taller, so they don't fit every frame. YOu'd want to use thicker moped tubes, too.

But they let me carry 350lbs+ grocery loads on SB Cruiser (plus it's own weight and mine, so it starts out at something like 500lbs before loading it up).
ah, de ol' bump-in-the-road...
New bigger tires then new bigger fenders and then the frames' bashing into the fenders and tires with every bump-in-the-road once more
(an issue I experienced earlier causing me to add two 1200# springs to the body).

Thanx for the recommendations, but I can't go any bigger-er on tires and such.

anyways, a month and a half's worth of groceries suits me tastes, which changes every month and a half or so. :lol:

the hummingbird moth was the
largest insect I saw until
I spied an Asian G-Giant hornet
(it's g-normas)

And here I thought these things still
hung around Washington state where
they're trying to eradicate this invader
and hadn't moved down south (yet).

So much for the eradication program!

I keep attempting to take photos but
nothing currently inspires me to do so so:

no pics (yay sez the lurkers)

once again notes mine etrikes works swell :pancake:

Here's something one doesn't see too often.

Or at all.

A twirly fork being used with mostaccioli pasta
in loo of spagetti!

A J/K gift (the twirly fork, not the pasta)
my grandmother acquired in the 1920's
making it around 100 years old

(or young, depending...)silly use of twirly fork.jpg :pancake:

oh,
and appy dada day!

another fruitless nighttime photoptiny comet.jpgwe b doomed.jpgcloseup comet.jpgcolor corrected coet.jpg

Back