New so...please help... Emoko hvd-3

Pager880

100 mW
Hi all brought a Emoko hvd-3.... 48v 15ah battery... Holds charge for about a week when in use . It was used but in verry good condition. I only use to get to my mums house every day as her carrera... But on a bumpy road. U can fell the moter. Cutting in and out like jolting it feels so strainge.. Any help would be verry much appreciated please...

Last edited:
Cutouts under vibration usually mean a poor connection. Broken wires, anywhere between one part and another, loose or corroded connectors, etc., can cause this, so going over the entire unit, in direct sunlight so you have good lighting to see by.

Take good clear pictures of everything as you examine it, before disconnecting or moving anything, so you have a reference to reconnect and reassemble things if necessary.

Not sure if the "Holds charge for about a week." is being posted as a problem to fix or not, if so we'll need more detail on what exactly you mean by that.

Cutouts under vibration usually mean a poor connection. Broken wires, anywhere between one part and another, loose or corroded connectors, etc., can cause this, so going over the entire unit, in direct sunlight so you have good lighting to see by.

Take good clear pictures of everything as you examine it, before disconnecting or moving anything, so you have a reference to reconnect and reassemble things if necessary.

Not sure if the "Holds charge for about a week." is being posted as a problem to fix or not, if so we'll need more detail on what exactly you mean by that.
Well thank you for the response.... What i mean the battery holds a decent charge... I haven't charged it all week. And been useing to go round my mums everyday... Battery indicator still displaying 5bars full. And voltage is 48.9.v on the display... The journey is about 6 miles a day..... But the cutting out u can feel it. Loosing power then u feel it kick back in. The instrument display never cuts out so that's not loosing power. It must be. Like u say a loos wire... Do u think it could be a bad controller... Mabe

Pluss just realised the battery indicator dosnt go down at all till it hits about 39v on the indicator... Display.. Then just died. Till you put it back on chage... Then it will come back on any idea people...... New to all this. Chech all wires not 1 loose. Any idea what it could be

Well today no loss or power at all... But did solder across r005 resistor. Just a big blob. As low end torque is rubbish. And wow. It is now crazy fast.... Tuns of torque... Flying up hills....

So i ordered a identical controller module to get the current sense resistor of it and also if i blew something up i had a spare.
I could order the resistor but its going to take a couple of weeks international shipping.
So i desoldered the resistor from the spare CM and added it in parallel.
192265128-256326109421552-7734244824006390721-n.jpg

Torque has basically increased by double Since i halved the value of the current sense resistor from 0.005 to 0.0025.
It also hold the max speed alot more often now.
The main power rails are already quite beefy and seems to hold up quite well.
191918808-151627676935025-6150100852889646316-n.jpg

Hope fully this can help someone who has similar controller it seems this is becoming quite common now.
This is what you do not do.
Do u no what watt the R005 resistor is as looking to do the same... As did with just solder and went crazy fast torque almost trebled but was getting crazy hot. Like melting the hot glue on outside of the case ....

But now the controller is. Red hot would it be OK to leave like this or. Add some sort of fan. Or will something just blow. Iv desolderd it now. Ss was so hot the plastic hot melt glue was melting on the box so got pretty hot. Question is iv seen another post on hear of someone stacked 1on top of allready a R005 resistor and had the same effect..... Im looking to do the same but I can fine 1w 2w 3w what 1 do i need to buy as i dont no what 1 if is if anyone can help me out would be verry much appreciated sorry for spelling.....

Nope. Have no idea what you are talking about. Sounds sort of like you're trying to do a shunt mod. Good luck.
Yes exactly that buddy a shunt mod... But I soldered across the risistor... But got verry verry hot and didn't want to fry everything so. DeSolderd it back to factory. So did see a different thread on hear of someone did the same by putting 1 on top and soldering them on top but didn't say what watt. It was... So verry confused..... Now back to low torque and crap speed..... Can anybody help me please

Yes exactly that buddy a shunt mod... But I soldered across the risistor... But got verry verry hot and didn't want to fry everything so. DeSolderd it back to factory. So did see a different thread on hear of someone did the same by putting 1 on top and soldering them on top but didn't say what watt. It was... So verry confused..... Now back to low torque and crap speed..... Can anybody help me please
Well I've never heard of a shunt mod being the solution for a motor cutting out on bumpy roads or to fix a battery indicator; so not sure what problems you are trying to solve.
Be patient and someone will help. In general, you can expect to receive advice if the question is clear and the quality will be based on the completeness of the information you provide.

Well I've never heard of a shunt mod being the solution for a motor cutting out on bumpy roads or to fix a battery indicator; so not sure what problems you are trying to solve.
Be patient and someone will help. In general, you can expect to receive advice if the question is clear and the quality will be based on the completeness of the information you provide.
Yer crazy ayy musthave wiggled a loose wire back in or something. But..... The controller that's in it . Says 36/ 48v 16a.......but the moter is 800w..... But when I did solder across the R005 resistor.... The torque musthave tripled.. And like I say normally went around 18mph and today gps app on my phone clocked it at 27mph. So deffenatly added speed....... But like I say now removed the solder bloob. As don't want things to fry / blowup......so dont no now weather to upgrade the controller. To get more speed / torque. Or do the resistor thing just got to find the right 1..

Good that you have checked all the wireing and connectors..... and that that waasn't it....... But remember not to forget that bump cutouts might also be cold solder joint in the controller or motor or????? So that then gets harder to check but possible.......... How much time do you have?

Good that you have checked all the wireing and connectors..... and that that waasn't it....... But remember not to forget that bump cutouts might also be cold solder joint in the controller or motor or????? So that then gets harder to check but possible.......... How much time do you have?
I have alot of time on my hands 😂.. So not afraid of a little hard work....... The controller is limited to 16a.....my battery is 15a....my moter is 800w. The control don't say what watt it is. Just chine. Writeing so even if I wanted to replace the controller I dont no wht to get as all made in different watts do i need a 1000w?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_200338_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_200338_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 5
I have alot of time on my hands 😂.. So not afraid of a little hard work....... The controller is limited to 16a.....my battery is 15a....my moter is 800w. The control don't say what watt it is. Just chine. Writeing so even if I wanted to replace the controller I dont no wht to get as all made in different watts do i need a 1000w?????
Raise the wheel off the ground, run the motor, and bang on the controller with a stick to see if it cuts out. Then check solder joints.

Raise the wheel off the ground, run the motor, and bang on the controller with a stick to see if it cuts out. Then check solder joints.
Yes did that the other day in my shed.. Well not with a stick but was checking every conector / connection. While running... Banged about to stimulate bumps.. Well best I could.. Everything seemed OK and tight.. /snug. Then re soldered all the big. Solder joints. That's what led me to the shunt.. But got crazy hot so put bck to factory...

Yes did that the other day in my shed.. Well not with a stick but was checking every conector / connection. While running... Banged about to stimulate bumps.. Well best I could.. Everything seemed OK and tight.. /snug. Then re soldered all the big. Solder joints. That's what led me to the shunt.. But got crazy hot so put bck to factory...
Great. So seems like problem #1 is solved. Now, how about the battery display?

Great. So seems like problem #1 is solved. Now, how about the battery display?
Well the voltage gose down on the display. But the battery bar's stay on full...... As soon as it gose to 39v cuts out till I charge it...... But same thing inspected all waterproof wires. / connection's nothing loose / broken. I think it's a faulty unit.... I havnt been inside of the display. Yet Don't no if previous owner has tho....

This is the controler if anyone can help on this..... should this be paired together...... As the only replacement I can find.. Is a 500w controller. But the moter is 800w.... The battery is a 15ah.pics attached.... As want to buy a replacement. As a backup..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704_133721_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_133721_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230703_182514.jpg
    IMG_20230703_182514.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230703_194804_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_194804_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 5
Well just got back to mine and now the back 800w wheel is stiff like some sort of brake is comming on....... So opened it up... Nothing spells burned the battery will only charge now when I disconnect the controller..... And the wheel stiffness gose away when I disconnect all 3 wires yellow blue green

Back